MLK morning crowd?

IrishSnow686

In your opinion... reading some of the recent reviews Blue has some work to do to be "the Pocono's Best Ski area!!"

Although better than most, the word "best" is kind of a definitive term that most mountains hardly live up to, especially in PA.

At Blue we are open to your comments and opinions but we have been voted the best ski area in the pocono's and we also have the best snowmaking crew and difficult trails in the area along with the highest vertical drop in PA.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Blue we are open to your comments and opinions but we have been voted the best ski area in the pocono's and we also have the best snowmaking crew and difficult trails in the area along with the highest vertical drop in PA.

truth. they do blow a lot of snow... grooming needs work though. i still <3 Blue Mountain the True Mountain.

Making comments about being the best mountain would have to include grooming, wouldn't it? Or is it OK to say we are the best everything all of the time except for what affects the quality of the trails you ski or board on...grooming.

overall they are the best. being the best in 9 out of 10 categories and not being the best in another doesnt mean that it shouldnt be the best mountain. i dont think he said that they were the best at everything possible and nobody else compares to that. (i hate defending this guy who takes lessons in the park, but in this situation its necessary)

overall they are the best. being the best in 9 out of 10 categories and not being the best in another doesnt mean that it shouldnt be the best mountain. i dont think he said that they were the best at everything possible and nobody else compares to that. (i hate defending this guy who takes lessons in the park, but in this situation its necessary)

I appreciate your understanding of the way we work at Blue. Our conditions crew work hard everyday. Each day of the week Paradise, Lazy Mile, Main Street, Burma, and Vista are groomed. Those being our most popular trails we must keep those trails constantly groomed. Our others trails are groomed as neccesary usually around 2-4 times a week. Therefore, our grooming is also top notch. From the recent Pocono Ski Instructor Convention, it was mentioned that Blue has been voted numerous times as the best ski area in the Poconos.

Blue is an all around OK mountain. They lack where other mountains in the area succeed. Bear creek, for example, has a better lodge than Blue. Camelback has better trails than Blue but it's not as close and it's customer service blows. Nothing like closing a lift without making an announcement first.

I'll just agree to disagree at this point. I have better things to do than argue with you, like pound sand.

I simply come to this forum to get an unbiased opinion of what is going on at the local mountains. I don't need the sales pitch from certain employees, other employees have great information.

The reality is, I don't spend a lot of money skiing anywhere. I have connections and get good deals or free tickets to ski about half of the time. I am a fair weather skiier and like conditions to be excellent if I am going to make the trek out. That being said have a great time this evening and see you at the Gates tomorrow morning.

Why does this post remind me of this picture for some reason....

http://www.oculex.fi/thomas/wp-content/argue2.jpg

Every mountain can claim they've been voted the best at something....

Awesome post!

Words I live by...I use Smartstyle everywhere. Thanks to Smartstyle I don't have kids and I'm not in a wheelchair..no offense Jeffy

how was yo flizzite Beeach?

The Blue Mountain race team has as much of a right to the terrain runs if not more then the common skiier or border has. There is no reason for them to have to stay on their hills. In terms of the ski school, as part of our policy we are allowed to get to the front of the lift lines. The students pay for the lesson which includes that right along with other staff members. I held a few clinics on sidewinder today and we seemed to have no problems with people at the top of the mountain. The steps at the top of Sidewinder park are for keeping the trail less crowded. The Park Crue has been doing an excellent job of keeping up with all of our terrain and specialty runs at Blue this year. The reason they do tricks for each other is because skiiers and borders who are not priviliged to come every day ask them to. All in all today was not a bad day and there is no reason to be down on Blue! Hope to see you all on the slopes at BLUE!

M.J.S.

Blue Mountain Snowsports staff

I would expect a lot more coming from someone signing off as "Blue Mountain Snowsports Staff".

Maybe what I wrote out went way over your head.

I dont care that your bluecoats can go anywhere they want to on the mountain.

I dont care that you can close off runs and set up shop wherever you please.

I dont care that you can cut off anyone in line all day long.

But if i'm in the mini-pipe and 30 of you come flying through the gates stampeding me with your superious season passes, disregarding any and all Smartstyle, you have a lot of room for improvement.

It frustrated me but I got over it. but now the fact that you have come here with your powertrip i'm quite frustrated.

I would expect a lot more coming from someone signing off as "Blue Mountain Snowsports Staff".

Maybe what I wrote out went way over your head.

I dont care that your bluecoats can go anywhere they want to on the mountain.

I dont care that you can close off runs and set up shop wherever you please.

I dont care that you can cut off anyone in line all day long.

But if i'm in the mini-pipe and 30 of you come flying through the gates stampeding me with your superious season passes, disregarding any and all Smartstyle, you have a lot of room for improvement.

It frustrated me but I got over it. but now the fact that you have come here with your powertrip i'm quite frustrated.

Well our "blue coats" mean much more to the happiness of our customers then your green one day passes. As an instructor, our goal is to please everyone, not just someone. So, we must go with majority.

Well our "blue coats" mean much more to the happiness of our customers then your green one day passes. As an instructor, our goal is to please everyone, not just someone. So, we must go with majority.

Its a shame that someone like you, works for such a great mountain,....

...shame

Edited by Chippy

I hope you're not really an instructor there and just some kid thinking he can make a forum account and roleplay like anyone else.

Edited by funkmaztafox

Translation: "ski school gives you the authority to disrespect anyone on the mountain"

You cocksucker.

I can't wait till the next time i'm at blue and that happens. It will be the best $43 I will have ever spent.

In no way have I disrespected you but I am sorry to hear that you feel that way. As an instructor, we do have many more rights that your typical skiier or border does not have, but, we do not disrespect anybody. All I have done is properly answer your false remarks about the mountain.

Now your questioning my being of an instructor?!?! That's disrespectful. I am a certified P.S.I.A. and as are all the instructors at Blue a much better skiier then you all.

No, I'm not questioning you about anything. That post wasn't even targeted to you. I'm not saying I'm a better skier then you. I'm not better then alot of people...But I am improving every weekend I get out. I am currently working on putting together links of carves the length of the trail.

As a roleplayer, I typically like to put on my robe a wizard hat...

As a role player, I put my groove on. :wiggle

Now your questioning my being of an instructor?!?! That's disrespectful. I am a certified P.S.I.A. and as are all the instructors at Blue a much better skiier then you all.

i wouldnt say they are better than us ALL... you dont really know who we all are. although i have probably seen you around and rode the lift with your countless times over the years.

seriously people... i dont know why you are getting on this giuys case though... understandable if its about what this thread started out as (taking kids in the park)... but now people are just being dicks.

not to sound like an ass... but saying that ALL the instructors at blue are better skiers than the general community here? that's a ballsy claim if i've ever heard one.