Dave K on NBC 10?

poconoceancity

I just came from Camelback. There is a pretty bad ice storm going on up there. Trees down all over Camelback Rd. I was barely able to make it out. I had to drive off the road through a ditch just to get by one of the trees down across Camelback Road. Traffic was all jammed and there were no road crews any where around. This was a couple of hours ago (4:00 p.m.) I tried to make it to my parents house on Wilke Road (off the hairpin curve on CB Road), but the road was impassable. There were at least a half-dozen trees down across the road. I had a chain saw with me, but there were just to many trees, plus there was shit falling down all around me and it was just too dangerous so I got the hell out of there.

Here are a couple of pics from Wilke Rd.:

damage_1.jpg

damage_2.jpg

Edited by emtp563

Just standing outside yesterday you would hear branches cracking and falling down every miniut or so.  It was pritty bad.  But on the bright side we've had 3 days off school and now its the weekend.

I've got three trees down outside my house, one of which hit it (small one luckily), no power, no water (no power = no well pump) and ppl saying they'll try and get it back on before monday but no promises. :angry:

Looks like I'll have to spend all weekend at CB instead :D

More ice predicted tonight, I should have moved to Colorado..... :rolleyes: