Park Setup Opinion...

Santa Clauss

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seroiusly, On mainline, bring back the longer flat boxes, they were fun to play with. Also maybe a wide rail to learn on thats short would be cool. just Mini versians of EVERYTHING in the big park. But Keep the jumps of the same level... Maybe a TAD smaller... its all I got for you. Maybe add some fun features that are just neat to see, Carve stairs in the snow and put a box down the side?! lmao just because it would make it more fun to ride!!!

In case you didn't know, the staff and management pay very close attention to these posts. So hears your chance to let them know how you feel about the park and Planet. As long as we keep this thread serious it could benefit everybody.

focus on the super pipe if you want to set yourself apart.

Seroiusly, On mainline, bring back the longer flat boxes, they were fun to play with. Also maybe a wide rail to learn on thats short would be cool. just Mini versians of EVERYTHING in the big park. But Keep the jumps of the same level... Maybe a TAD smaller... its all I got for you. Maybe add some fun features that are just neat to see, Carve stairs in the snow and put a box down the side?! lmao just because it would make it more fun to ride!!!

Thanks for the tips, lol if you've been around at all this week at night we have been putting that small flat box in at the bottom of spike every night but the groomer keeps taking it out because of the new snow, its amazing how much fun that box is and the crowds of people that come to hike it. I totally agree with what your saying, everybody loves creative little things on the side, plus it keeps the crew occupied, we love putting stuff in when we can, we also love to hear your feedback when were working on a feature. Don't be afraid to give us tips, its our job to give you what you want!

I think a quarter pipe without a barrel on top would be a great feature while the snow is still being blown for the 22' half pipe. As long as it is groomed correctly... Not to sound like a dick or anything, but last years half pipe had one good hit, and the transitions were horrible. It would give people a place to practice pipe tricks before the big pipe moves in creating much less casualties on the super-pipe. I think the first jump should be altered a little to be like the one that was there last year. It had a much higher and more vertical lip and the landing was much steeper. Easier to do big corked spins and more forgiving with the steeper landing. Other than that, blow as much snow as possible and keep the landings on the jumps groomed evenly each day!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

just Mini versions of EVERYTHING in the big park. But Keep the jumps of the same level.

I second this.

I'm a park nub, so I need a place to start. The huge hits are too tough for me to clear... and from the looks of it whenever I make a run through the park, about 75% of everyone else.

You guys need real jumps. Make the first jump, the way it was last year, with a lip. Then push down the double and make it one big jump, and then make one big jump at the bottom. Having 5 small jumps with no lips is stupid, those jumps remind of parks on Switch and Upper Runway. Flat rails that are long, and set them up as downs to.

Please be honest and serious, What do you want in the park, and what would you like to be seen differently?

SnoMtnSkiers suggestion made me think 101..

101. Heres the thought, why not hire a Ryan Neptune type to be on site all the time, someone who already knows the answers to questions like this?

I second this.

I'm a park nub, so I need a place to start. The huge hits are too tough for me to clear... and from the looks of it whenever I make a run through the park, about 75% of everyone else.

Whats their now isent hard for me to clear, its just hard for me to spin and clear... i can't 360 and clear anything right now, depressing... lmao

like mccormack said, having 4 super small jumps is so stupid. just make the first 1 how it was last year, then take the last 2 or 3 jumps and make a decently sized jump (30-35 ft) just push the snow from the last 2 jumps onto the last headwall and make a kicker about 30 ft away from it , and as far as rails go, you guys lack the basics (flat rails and boxes, down rails and boxes) things you can work with and learn new tricks with and make the lips good. right now the lips onto the rails are so small, its hard to 270 onto anything. personally, if you guys really wanted a good park, put it on a steeper trail(cannonball, runaway, fast track) spike doesn't have steep enough headwalls for any real jumps.

Also, faster lifts wouldn't hurt :sprint

like mccormack said, having 4 super small jumps is so stupid. just make the first 1 how it was last year, then take the last 2 or 3 jumps and make a decently sized jump (30-35 ft) just push the snow from the last 2 jumps onto the last headwall and make a kicker about 30 ft away from it , and as far as rails go, you guys lack the basics (flat rails and boxes, down rails and boxes) things you can work with and learn new tricks with and make the lips good. right now the lips onto the rails are so small, its hard to 270 onto anything. personally, if you guys really wanted a good park, put it on a steeper trail(cannonball, runaway, fast track) spike doesn't have steep enough headwalls for any real jumps.

Also, faster lifts wouldn't hurt :sprint

I don't think the slope size has anything to do with anything. From what I noticed about Boulders jumps on Monday is that their landings are not steep at all. Sno' s landings are a lot steeper then Boulders landings. I don't think there is a problem with the size of the lips. They are just too close to the rails and it doesn't give you that kind of time to make spinning onto a rail nice and easy. As for the booters, I talked to some guys about that. They can make a jump with a gap to it, which will be a booter, only because it isn't in their contract. I do have a solution to that tho and hopefully they will take the input and run it through the main guys at Sno to see if it will work with the contract. If it works, we will have some nice jumps.

SnoMtnSkiers suggestion made me think 101..

101. Heres the thought, why not hire a Ryan Neptune type to be on site all the time, someone who already knows the answers to questions like this?

How about 102 ? We want to know what the people riding the park wants. Anyone could build what they think works. There is more than one person riding the park so why would you want only one persons suggestions. Santa you are on the right track. Get everyones opion and you will have the best park.

Edited by liftguy

Yeah, papasteeze, a little input can't hurt them!

The course setup last night was great. Everything was awesome. The jumps now are sick... The tables are pretty fun, although the stairs are a little retarded... Espically the little kink at the bottom! You want someone to die?

the course was pretty good. But its not the donkey dick at the bottom of the stairs that screws u up, those are fun. its just that they go straight down to flat, its way to steep. if you guys find a way to make it mellower it would be such a sick rail.

i still stick to my opinion of putting the main park on a steeper trail though. a nice 3-4 pack would be amazing