Park Setup Opinion...

Santa Clauss

i still stick to my opinion of putting the main park on a steeper trail though. a nice 3-4 pack would be amazing

Where would they put it? Spike already has a park on it, Switch is used for racing, Whistler has no lights. The NF trails would be suicidal, and Runaway/Fast Track are too valuable IMO. (and, their upper sections aren't too much steeper than mainline).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would they put it? Spike already has a park on it, Switch is used for racing, Whistler has no lights. The NF trails would be suicidal, and Runaway/Fast Track are too valuable IMO. (and, their upper sections aren't too much steeper than mainline).

lower runaway or fast track would be perfect trails for a nice jump line. they have a perfect slope and they're not too crowded, especially fast track. from what i've seen this year there is such high traffic on mainline and spike that those trails are not suitable for a terrain park. a lot of beginners crowd the trails and get in the way making it much more dangerous. it would be great to implement park passes for next year to keep congestion in the parks down.

lower runaway or fast track would be perfect trails for a nice jump line. they have a perfect slope and they're not too crowded, especially fast track. from what i've seen this year there is such high traffic on mainline and spike that those trails are not suitable for a terrain park. a lot of beginners crowd the trails and get in the way making it much more dangerous. it would be great to implement park passes for next year to keep congestion in the parks down.
It will be taken care of once the park passes go into effect.

They had the park on lower runaway a few years back. Not that great of a trail for the park in my opinion. If I recall someone got pretty hurt when they came off a rail too hot near a corner and hit a tree. Its too narrow and windy down there for a very successful park. Maybe a feature or 2 but not enough to make it worth while.

cannonball would be perfect for a few rails at the top, a massive jump line, then a rail garden at the end. the only reason the park on lower runaway sucked was because that was a couple years ago when nobody knew how to make a park.

Uhh...think about how much traffic it gets. That is the most heavily traveled trail on the NF.

Upon thinking about it some more, Lower Runaway might not be too bad for a park. Whistler might be good as well if they were to install lights on it, as it's wide enough that you could share the trail between skiers/riders.

Uhh...think about how much traffic it gets. That is the most heavily traveled trail on the NF.

Upon thinking about it some more, Lower Runaway might not be too bad for a park. Whistler might be good as well if they were to install lights on it, as it's wide enough that you could share the trail between skiers/riders.

i understand cannonball is the highest traffic trail, but if they cut a trail with the same headwalls it would be great. Also, it can't be up near where it is now because there would be no difference in vertical feet, which is the reason i suggested putting it on the north face in the first place, to get more speed for bigger jumps.

Cannonball gets no more traffic than mainline. And the people on cannonball are of a higher ability level. They do need to put jumps on a steeper trail b/c on spike, you cant get enough speed for a jump that is larger than 25 feet. What they really need to do is dedicate more trails to a park so they can have a jump line and then some rails in a less steep area.

Cannonball gets no more traffic than mainline. And the people on cannonball are of a higher ability level. They do need to put jumps on a steeper trail b/c on spike, you cant get enough speed for a jump that is larger than 25 feet. What they really need to do is dedicate more trails to a park so they can have a jump line and then some rails in a less steep area.

I didn't say mainline is a good place for a park either, but....Cannonball is much narrower, and you wouldn't be able to place anything on the final drop because of the intersection with the bottom of Smoke. That would leave you with one steep pitch, and some pretty flat sections.

I think Spike and Lower Runaway would be a good choice for parks if the mainline one was to move.

Quick update, 22ft Zog should be in on the 4th! and the border X course is amazing! the starting gate should be left in place so if any of you want to race each other for fun it should be cool (just be careful because border X can get Hard core), my advice would be when its open just take a run through first slow and then go faster, and skiers can do it too!

The park will be open again on friday! and as for the Zaugg, I really don't know. Ya know how these things work lol its probably coming in from germany or something. Ohh and i'm leaving at 11 TONIGHT to work on reseting all the rails so everything can be NICE for friday and MAYBE we will have time to set some new features, If anyone would like to shoot some ideas out there go a head, Remember, I'm Leaving at 11...

Your not the only one who wants that down flat down back in, Only problem is its kinda in cold storage, but i would like to see it back in too. I was thinking maybe since mainline is cleared out, maybe we could put the longer picnic table after the first table at the top of spike to make it a flat down, and maybe bring the park bench back over and stick it on a headwall or something, not high up like it was. personally i would like to see a little more features that don't require that much skill, for example, you can do so much on a small fun box, weather your just starting out, or you got mad skills and want to show off, there really fun for everyone, Whatever we put in (if we do), i don't think we could use too much snow cus we gotta save it for the 22ftr. Just PRAY for the temps to stay cold so our guys can do there jobs (which they do very well) and make a lot of snow.

Don't put the park bench in the big park it's a small feature, it belongs in the small park. And personally I don't even think the small A-frame or the small table should be in the big park either. Someone good isn't going to want to show their skill on a small feature anyways. Their going to want to show it on something big. The small features for a good person is just something for them to practice on to get comfortable with a new trick. All the small boxes belong on mainline and im sure once there is more snow over there all the small features will be put back in to how it use to be, except with more features.

Personally I don't think that the 22' pipe is going to fit nicely on Spike and still have comfortable room to ride. It is going to be taking up 3/4th the space of the whole width of the slope. I think it would just be better to take all that snow and spread it around the trail and set up a ton of features and just have an awesome park. Im sure there is another place to put a 22' pipe besides the main park where half the people will be to worried about the main features in the park rather then the half pipe. The park on Spike has a lot of potential with its wideness, and how long it is. If it wasn't for that pipe going there we would have an awesome park with twice as many features as we have now.

Edited by xNick11

that would be the smart thing to do, but they caused so much hype over this big 22' pipe, i think alot of people would get pretty pissed.
I don't see why people would get pissed. I only know of 3 people who ride Sno who can actually ride a 22 foot pipe. Like do you know how high 22 feet is? They only need the pipe for the Revolution Tour. Edited by xNick11

Just so everyone knows, a 22 foot pipe is actualy 4 feet taller than the one in the x-games.

I'm willing to give it a shot, but I"m not much of a pipe rider.

I've hit a a pretty big quarter pipe a few years ago at BB. I don't think it was 22' but it was it was probably 18-20' and let me tell you, the first couple feet is fine, and then its just straight vert from there. Have fun dropping in lol.

I really don't think we can get out of having the 22ft pipe, we already have a lot of snow blown for it and it may be too late to start over again on a different slope, lets just wait and see how much snow they can make with this cold were getting, and as for the park on mainline, they need a good base, every time it rains it washes out, there's like springs in the ground, and it might even go through a thick base too, i don't know if its worth it, maybe just focus on spike and keep blowing snow on mainline for a while and get a lot of snow on it, and then start to put some features in if possible, plus they have there hands full on the boarder x course because its going to be like twice as long for the rev tour, and as for the park bench nick, personally i would like and i'm sure a lot of other people would a good variety of things to hit, I'm not saying we should over crowd the park, i'm just saying having options is nice, plus for now, this is the only park, so there should be things for everybody.