Park Setup Opinion...

Santa Clauss

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just throwing some ideas out there to see if anyone would like them, honestly i don't know if we can do anything tonight except fix what we have, but i think it would be nice to get something new in thats all man and as for pappasteeze, dude, this whole thread is meant to give useful tips for the park, I'm just tryin to get the info out there. if the zaugg is late, its not our fault, everyone at sno is trying there hardest, so if you don't have anything useful to say... Please stay out of it

and as for pappasteeze, dude, this whole thread is meant to give useful tips for the park, I'm just tryin to get the info out there. ..................................... Please stay out of it

LIKE HELL! when and if you guys get a 22 foot pipe I will spread the word so fast that it will make your head spin. The point is, I know a lot of people who would love to hear the news and will gladly pay the price of admission to ride a 22 foot pipe.

Even my son who was in the 18' pipe at Copper last week would be super stoked to ride one that big... Very few people have ever seen a pipe that size including myself.

Some Santa you are. I was looking for a present.

LIKE HELL! when and if you guys get a 22 foot pipe I will spread the word so fast that it will make your head spin. The point is, I know a lot of people who would love to hear the news and will gladly pay the price of admission to ride a 22 foot pipe.

Even my son who was in the 18' pipe at Copper last week would be super stoked to ride one that big... Very few people have ever seen a pipe that size including myself.

Seriously man, Please grow up...

Its already 1/3 of the way through february, the mountain isnt in the best shape... There is a ton of snow blown for the 22' pipe. However, there was no one hitting the pipe last year, the existing pipe that was put in last week probably has minimal use, the only people that will use the 22' pipe would be myself and maybe 5 other skiier up at sno. The rest will be practicing on the 13' pipe. With sno not having a decent pipe in years what is the point to go from nothing to the biggest pipe around. No one will use it and if they do they will go half way up the walls and destroy it, requiring grooming daily. (expensive) I suggest keeping the 13' in prime shape and using the sno for the 22' on the rest of the main park set up!! Im sure the general population would enjoy this more. Eventhough i would use the 22' pipe, i would prefer maybe a quarter pipe at the bottom of the trail, and 3-4 nice tables or booters, and the 13' pipe. Just my input.... instead of advertising a 22' pipe, you could advertise a park that is open much longer into the season!!

Rob, stop being a douche bag. Do you know how much you're starting to sound like Don King?

don_king,0.jpg

Thanks Ski. This thread is OFFICIALLY useless so i'm done with this, If anyone out there actually has a good idea and your in the park and you see us working, just come up and talk to us, we love to hear your opinions and how you feel, with this thread, all i'm getting now is opinions of how a very small group of people want it. And you guys might know what a good park looks like, but It's a lot harder than you think to design and maintain it, If you don't work in the park you may have no clue how much work goes into it especially after hours It took us 8 hours last night just to get the park close to what it was and it still needs fixing with the cat (I Know some features are not perfect yet but they will be by the end of the weekend) See, you do one thing and it makes some people happy, but it goes and pisses off some other people. We put in a step up just to see how it would go, maybe it didn't work out too well but it doesn't matter because nothing was there before anyway, were just trying new things to see how they would go.

You guys have to remember that the kids that are starting out are paying customers too so they deserve features they can use as well. So how bout this, we leave it up to Planet, they don't have an amazing reputation for nothing If you look up there other work i'm sure you would be impressed, and I'm not saying that your opinions don't matter, I love to hear your comments and opinions and i will pass them on, but for god sakes, SNO IS NEW!!! were trying new things and were just getting started, Just be patient, I assure you the staff and management are doing there best, and the 22ft pipe is going to happen no matter what unless we get weather conditions that make it impossible to make the snow, we already have A LOT of snow and with the right temps we can make massive amounts in no time. we are going to do everything we possibly can do to make it a reality.

Sjb269, The mountain is doing very well considering the bad weather we have been having. I appreciate your feedback but just give it a chance man, I'm sure the Planet guys can pull it off... Plus the park can only stay open as long as the other trails are open.

As for the 22ft pipe, "If we build it they will come" Thats all i gotta say about that.

Stezze, whats so interesting dude? When the 22ft pipe is up I'm sure it will speak for its self. And for god sakes what is it with you and the Zaugg? Let it go man...

hey, you guys did a awsome job on both of the parks, but i just think it need some more flat and down boxes and rails as i said eairler. But did you guys add anything to mainline, i know its probably hard to with the 2"+ of rain we got.

Edited by Matt80

I'm not sure if we added anything to mainline we didnt last night, i left at 10 am and when i came back at 3 i didn't even look, I hope we can just get a good base so it can be a good quality trail that can make it through some rain, it seems like that trail gets hit so hard because of the way the ground drains out there, Regardless, if we gotta pull features and put them back on every week, thats what we will do...

Stezze, whats so interesting dude? When the 22ft pipe is up I'm sure it will speak for its self. And for god sakes what is it with you and the Zaugg? Let it go man...

What is interesting is that the most expensive pipe cutter in the world was scheduled to be delivered for the last month of the season and you say that it isn't Sno's fault? I was told be several people that Sno did not purchase a Zaugg directly. Certainly they could be wrong and they are renting it for the upcoming events.

IF you were involved with the park scene on a bigger scale than just Sno you would understand that this is huge news. I lead a couple of other groups of skiers that are actively working to get pipe included in 2010 either as a demonstration type of event or a separate venue.

Getting a large pipe in our area is big news. I just want the facts.

I won't let it go

Ok Rob, I don't know who those people you talked to are but they don't know what there talking about because guess what sno just took delivery of today? It was imported from a different country and most likely got held up in customs. You can expect picutres shortly in case you still think i'm lying, and the 22ft zaugg is hear to stay, this summer we will be doing dirt work and you can expect the 22ft pipe a lot earlier in the season next year...

And "Sno mountain ski" Would you like to explain to the people who read this thread why Sno will never have a good park? Thanks.

And everybody can expect features on mainline shortly, Planet's coming in and we will be making snow around the clock for as long as we possibly can.

And "Sno mountain ski" Would you like to explain to the people who read this thread why Sno will never have a good park? Thanks.

1. Sno doesnt have any trails good for a park. ( Cannonball is the best trail for a park)

2. The setup now, Spike isnt a wide enough trail to support a superpipe and a legit park.

3. Jumps, now I havent been up in a month. But, those jumps are terrible. Sno needs cheese wedge jumps, with good pop.

4. Planet hasnt put a good park up yet the past two years.

5. Picnic tables dont belong in every park/ multiple times in each park.

6. The jumps in the begininng didnt even had lips. ( hopefully that has changed )

7. For the past two years, it has been hype at the start of the season, and during the year it finishes with dissapointment.

8. Flow, the parks havent had good flow.

I can keep going on but i dont want to. Sno has already built an image of failure i.m.o and if they want to succeed, they will need a cold winter next year so they can build something good.

alright, in my opinion i feel that in order to have such a massive pipe it has to have its own dedicated trail. nobody around here has ever seen such a big pipe, and im sorry but the snow you have for it right now is nowhere near enough. for another thing, a 22 foot pipe needs constant maintenance and from the looks of the 13 footer the other day you guys wont maintain it properly. you guys have so much room in the park and a ton of rails just laying to the side in the graveyard, yet you dont put any up. i understand that we just got a bunch of rain but they have been there all season and i saw no attempt to put any of them up. even the park is poorly maintained, the first jump today had huge rivets in it and nobody covered them up the whole day. also, the whale tail, rainbow box, and the last rail are crooked, fixing them wouldnt be a bad idea. and the jumps arent that bad, im actually impressed by them considering the rain we got, my only complaint is they could be a couple feet bigger and the second jump's landing can be bigger because its impossible to get the right speed for it, i either overshoot or case it and neither of those are fun.

I won't let it go

You really should shut up.

Sno Mountain Skier has every right to feel the need to have Sno prove something because he's put up with a lot of let downs and has spent a lot of money on passes. He's a local who has supported the ski area over the years. But, Rob, you're just being a jealous dope. You sound like some pathetic chick who didn't get asked to the prom, so the prom has to suck for everyone.

Jordan, Dude, almost every rail thats siting on mainline has been set at one point this season (besides from a few flat rails that we just brought up 2 weeks ago and they didn't want them for the slopestyle comp for the ski corner, we really don't have a place to put the c wall and the flat wall, and the s rail and the down flat down should be set up in the next couple days. The 22ft pipe is going to be big and it will take up some space, but it might not be as bad as you guys think, spike is really wide just give it a chance before you go and say its not going to fit in. The first jump wasn't that bad man and the way it works when you get natural snow like this with an take off like that, when you start cutting deep to expose the packed snow you risk changing the angle of the take off and hitting really soft snow, it may be worse off then it was this goes same for the landings. besides that i seen this kid nick doing insane spins off our jumps today and he didn't have much of a problem landing. (just because you cant land something doesn't automatically mean its the parks fault) as for the whale tail, rainbow and last rail, i hit them plenty of times today and there pretty good, actually there is nothing wrong with either of those features leaning wise, the only thing thats a leaning a little is the flat down and its only off by a little bit and i didn't even notice it when i was hitting it and if you mean crooked like not pointing down the hill perfectly straight then your really getting picky but they will be fixed. As for the jumps, we keep getting requests to make the takeoffs differently, so we try things differently, like i said before, you make somebody happy, and you go and piss somebody else off. The planet guys will be in I believe tomorrow night and when they get in they will be setting up a lot more rails. among about a thousand other things they will do when they are hear, believe me, when these guys are in they work there asses off, i've seen the one guy work at least 24 hours straight, the whole couple days he was in i don't think he even got 5 hours of sleep. you guys just don't know how hard they work and how much it takes to make these these things come together. as for the snow being made, we are due to have cold temps, and we can make a lot of snow on the park when they bring the mobile guns in, first they need to use them on certain areas on the mountain like loading/unloading ramps and such so that when the snow starts to melt again there is a sufficient base. but i assure you, when we have the mobile guns set up the way they were before on spike, there is no doubt in my mind that our guys and planet can pull this off.

And to Sno mountain skier, We will try our hardest to make it up to you, I really hope we can change the way you feel about the park, but be fair about it ok, don't just assume it still sucks by what you hear from other people, and i hope that if you find something that does make you happy about the park you will comment just the same.

To cap this all off, Thanks to the guys who back the crew up, and to everybody else, just hang in there, we keep getting set back by the rain and warm temps but lets just look forward to what we will have in the near future. (Please just give it a chance)

Santa, i never said the landings were messed up, ive been landing everything the whole day until the take offs got choppy, i just said that the second jumps landing was to small and it was hard to get the right amount of speed for it so i just stopped hitting it. and you cannot possibly look at the whale tail and rainbow and say they arent slanted to the side. also, you guys were all hype for a sick park for the past two years and have only let everyone down and youre saying how hard it is to make a park, but boulder was 0 hype and they did an amazing job on the park without paying these people millions of dollars or however much you pay neptune. you guys try to make the park so technical and its just a bunch of scattered features. boulder park is so simple, just 3 jumps and a few rails, and everybody loves it.

and just out of curiosity, how come when i use some constructive criticism everyone just hates on me, but when sno mountain skier criticizes everyone just agrees with him...

Dude, I'm not hateing on you, i'm just Trying to get you to see it from our point of view. and to be 100% honest with you, I avoid the jumps because i enjoy hitting the rails more and its tough to get the speed to clear the jumps and hit the rails at the same time. (plus I love my job and I don't want to risk getting hurt) The rails may be a little slanted but if i can hit them i'm sure you could hit them just fine, regardless, they will be reset soon anyway...