Park Setup Opinion...

Santa Clauss

Dude, I'm not hateing on you, i'm just Trying to get you to see it from our point of view. and to be 100% honest with you, I avoid the jumps because i enjoy hitting the rails more and its tough to get the speed to clear the jumps and hit the rails at the same time. (plus I love my job and I don't want to risk getting hurt) The rails may be a little slanted but if i can hit them i'm sure you could hit them just fine, regardless, they will be reset soon anyway...
You only don't hit the jumps because you can't. Don't say that it's hard to get speed for them when you see every other person in the park boosting off them. Grow a set and man up and just hit the jump. Their only a good 25-30 feet which is nothing. I can't understand how you can say the rails aren't leaning. More then half of the rails in that park are leaning. You and I both know you did not put enough effort into setting them the one night. You have to take your time and look at the rail at different angles to make sure its straight up and in line with the next feature.

Sean, I can only agree with like 2 of your 8 statements. The park has changed a lot since you left. Lots of flow and there are cheese wedges now. Too bad you don't ride anymore.

Im like 80% sure that the 22' pipe will not fit comfortably on spike along with the other feature. I agree with Jordan that it should be on its own designated trail.

Papa, the 22' Zaugg is in just so you know. I don't know if it was mentioned up top.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and to be 100% honest with you, I avoid the jumps because i enjoy hitting the rails more and its tough to get the speed to clear the jumps and hit the rails at the same time.

how exactly is it hard to hit rails and jumps in the same run? You have the picnic table/flat-down option, then the first jump, then the flat rail/flat-down option, then the second jump that nobody hits, then the whale tail, next you have the 2 jump line, and finally rail garden. If you say its hard to hit jumps and rails and get enough speed, then you are saying the park has no flow. When i said it had no flow earlier in the year everyone disagreed, now when it does have a decent flow you say it has no flow? just curious to your reasoning. and thank you Nick for backing me up, he would have just kept disagreeing with me.

You really should shut up.

Why.. You are a strange bird... I am superstoked that teh information I got is wrong and that they do have a cutter. I know peeps form cutter camp and from some from other very large parks who own Zaugg cutter(s) - They were wrong.. For those who don't know, I want Sno to deliver everything they promised, it will only help parks more if they compete with other hills. A 22' pipe will bring people in from the whole North east region. Provided it is open obviously. It is comp season now, opening it now well it sort of is too late.

Im like 80% sure that the 22' pipe will not fit comfortably on spike along with the other feature. I agree with Jordan that it should be on its own designated trail.

Papa, the 22' Zaugg is in just so you know. I don't know if it was mentioned up top.

Yeah man, stokage!!!!

approx. 15' - 20' - 65' - 20' - 15 slope/deck/tranny/deck/slope 130' width is what is needed.

800px-Halfpipe.jpg

BTW more info while I was looking for dimensions ............

Mammoth's Super Duper Pipe Open

By Press Release

Feb 21, 2007

Mammoth Mountain, CA—With new snow and a lot of work by the Unbound Terrain Park Crew, Mammoth's Super Duper Pipe is now open for the season. The Unbound Team spent 550 snowcat hours plus countless snowmaking time to get the 600-foot-long halfpipe ready for action. With the addition of the Super Duper Pipe, Mammoth has all its terrain park features open: three pipes and three parks covering eight runs and 75 acres.

The Super Duper Pipe is 600 feet long with 22-foot walls and 25 feet of transition. This season the Unbound Crew is using a new machine, the Zaugg Pipe Monster, to cut the Super Duper Pipe's 22-foot walls. Mammoth is currently the only resort in North America with a full-time 22-foot Zaugg-cut pipe.

"I am excited to be one of the first resorts in the world with the new 22-foot Zaugg Pipe Monster,” said Oren Tanzer, Director of Youth Action Sports at Mammoth Mountain. "It cuts through the snow like butter and the transition is so large riders are getting duper air.”

Edited by Papasteeze

i agree with nick that you should totally abandon the 22 ft pipe

the park is too small for that thing and to be honest i dont think sno i capable of maintaing a pipe that big. and plus there is 1 person i know who can use that to its potential and its mark speicher otherwise i think you should jsut keep the 13 for kids to learn on. and people wont get that mad because no one thinks its gona happen with this weather, it wouldnt be a shock if sno mtn said it wont be able to open the 22 due to weather.

with all that snow that is blown you can have som legit jumps. the way the jumps are set up now are nice you just need to upscale them and kill one or 2 jumps

id rather see 2 large jumps or 3 mediums than 4 small jumps.

let mainline have the little jumps and the big park have the big jumps

same for rails, those mini a's and picnic tables are circus stuff, kids dont want to see those in the "big park" they need to be in the little one

and the rails for the big one should be some high urban downs, a dfd rail (NOT THE STAIRCASE, THAT IS DEADLY) and some flat down and flat rails and boxes

by the way, that staircase is a product of a mass produced jib, it sucks so bad, i was 1 of 3 kids to hit it and ive been to alot of places and ive never seen a rail built like that, ur asking for soemone to get hurt.

but yes this thursday's rail jam should be nice and im looking forward to see sno get some snow back on the trails.

i agree with nick that you should totally abandon the 22 ft pipe

I know that you know more about that hill from a park skiers perspective than probably anyone else. If you are saying it won't work then I believe you. Here is another idea, why not use the cutter to shape an awesome quarter pipe or hip?

Is there a good place with enough in-run to build it so that you can air out 20' plus?

xbox-layout.jpg

Man now thats what i like to see Pappa, a decent suggestion for something we should do in the park from you, But they are not gonna abandon the 22ft pipe. Thank you for your suggestion though.

But with this I've decide i'm not going to continue with this , I just don't think its my place to be providing information to you guys, I Know one of these times I'm gonna really regret something i say, so I hope i've been helpful to some of you and i'll keep an eye on my thread so please keep it professional and if you have a question i will answer it through a PM.

So have fun out there and don't take things too seriously,

Dave C.

Man now thats what i like to see Pappa, a decent suggestion for something we should do in the park from you, But they are not gonna abandon the 22ft pipe. Thank you for your suggestion though.

But with this I've decide i'm not going to continue with this , I just don't think its my place to be providing information to you guys, I Know one of these times I'm gonna really regret something i say, so I hope i've been helpful to some of you and i'll keep an eye on my thread so please keep it professional and if you have a question i will answer it through a PM.

So have fun out there and don't take things too seriously,

Dave C.

no worries dave, I know you have your heart into this. Really though, do your self a service get off this board and research via google pipe building and you will get hours of info and you will start learning what some of us already know.

Please do not build a pipe at this point in the game - a crappy 22 footer will do more harm than good. It takes way too long to do one correctly, there are going to be huge voids and our fluky weather is going to do a number on it before it is probably even open and if people travel to come see it and are disappointed well.............. that damage will take years to recover. Mountain Creek is on that path. Here anyone raving about thier all park south mountain?

Read Methods post in the closed thread. Seriously.

approx. 15' - 20' - 65' - 20' - 15 slope/deck/tranny/deck/slope 130' width is what is needed.

800px-Halfpipe.jpg

BTW more info while I was looking for dimensions ............

130' wide is going to be cutting it very close. But I guess what they want to do is take the 2 biggest jumps down now and add that to the half pipe, so im sure it will all be moved over into the middle of the trail, just for the mid atlantic. Once thats over, I have no clue what they will end up doing, but I really hope they just take down the whole pipe and build a sick park that is the whole width the trail should be instead of half of the trail. We still have so many rails we can put up, but we can't because of all the snow for the pipe just piled up on the one side of the trail.

130' wide is going to be cutting it very close. But I guess what they want to do is take the 2 biggest jumps down now and add that to the half pipe, so im sure it will all be moved over into the middle of the trail, just for the mid atlantic. Once thats over, I have no clue what they will end up doing, but I really hope they just take down the whole pipe and build a sick park that is the whole width the trail should be instead of half of the trail. We still have so many rails we can put up, but we can't because of all the snow for the pipe just piled up on the one side of the trail.

man if they are really taking down the 2 "biggest" jumps the park not gona be fun at all. Why not take the two smallest or just blow the extra snow?

They want to take the jumps down for more snow. I don't actually know if they plan on moving the pipe over towards the middle of the slope so that it will fit or what. There will still be the upper park open, and I guess from where the pipe starts to ends will be where the pipe will be, and there will be rails down bottom too? Not really sure on this but its just my guess. I will hopefully know soon on what they plan on doing.

Please do not build a pipe at this point in the game - a crappy 22 footer will do more harm than good.

Oh duh.... I forgot, Sno is hosting the last stop of the Chevy Revolution Tour on March 2nd. Is that why it was scheduled so late? Well they got 2 weeks to farm the snow, bench and cut it. I guess it is doable if they work around the clock and start pushing and kneading now. I hope it stays cold well into March so the public can use it.

Questions: what direction will the pipe be facing and what is the degree of that slope. Any word on how long this pipe is going to be 500' - 600' - 700'!!!???

Hey If u go to www.Zauggamerica.com they give "Recomended Dimensions" for the 22ft pipe

Here they Are

For the drop In Ramp: 25ft by 50ft wide, have an 18ft height and have at least 30ft from the ramp to the mouth of the pipe.

It's recomended to have 64ft from crown to crown and between 20-25ft for the decks

The recomended length of the pipe is between 400 and 500ft long

And the Pitch should be 18-19 degrees

They also recomend 3-5 foot of snow for floor depth

So doin the math, It should be between 114 and 104 ft wide.

So can anyone please tell me who the hell Carl is?