quick update

Ski

I was there from 5:15 to 7:15. I heard a liftie tell somebody that the runs over by fast track / runaway were now open. I hit lower runaway on my last run. It wasn't groomed really well and probably still should have been closed, until they got it groomed out better. It looked like they quickly pushed the piles around, but I would think that by tommorrow it should be better.

Don't college students pay $32 for a 4hr pass and $40 for a day pass? It's a little unclear, but that's what it looks like:

http://www.snomtn.com/ticketpricing/

ya, they do. i LOVE that they have all-the-time pricing for college students. More mountains should adopt that (i'm still pissed at blue for taking it away).

Is the Long Haul lift going to be open this year? I thought I read from someone on here that it was gonna be open every day.

I liked Sno from what I saw last year. I'll be up at least once this year, probably in late February and in March. I wish it was a little closer :(.

Long Haul will open when those slopes open. Well, that's the idea.

BTW: anyone notice the new lights on Spike? Jeez, I wish they'd throw some on the race course. There was a thread about the white lights being installed and some discussion about yellow/amber being better for snow definition. But if you measure the light coming from the new "white" lights, I'd bet they give off five times the light as the old ones. With yellow goggles, you get the definition back, plus have more light.

Anyway, they should have a lightbulb screwing party and get 'em all done.

Long Haul will open when those slopes open. Well, that's the idea.

BTW: anyone notice the new lights on Spike? Jeez, I wish they'd throw some on the race course. There was a thread about the white lights being installed and some discussion about yellow/amber being better for snow definition. But if you measure the light coming from the new "white" lights, I'd bet they give off five times the light as the old ones. With yellow goggles, you get the definition back, plus have more light.

Anyway, they should have a lightbulb screwing party and get 'em all done.

lol its not just bulbs, its the whole assembly, and the snow makers will be putting more in when it warms up.

BTW: anyone notice the new lights on Spike?

I thought that the bulk of the light seemed to be focused in a small area. Bright white light can also reflect more, which might not be good. I guess it's a matter of preference. I've heard people complain about the lights at BB, but I actually think the lighting is pretty good.

I thought that the bulk of the light seemed to be focused in a small area. Bright white light can also reflect more, which might not be good. I guess it's a matter of preference. I've heard people complain about the lights at BB, but I actually think the lighting is pretty good.

They are mostly concentrated on the hits. And I guarantee that if/when Sno switches to all white lights, there will be universal agreement that it was a good thing.

They are mostly concentrated on the hits. And I guarantee that if/when Sno switches to all white lights, there will be universal agreement that it was a good thing.

Absolutely. The only mountain I have ever seen with all white lights was St Sauveur in Quebec, and it was amazing. I've done a lot of night riding after school in my life, and that was a whole different experiance. Mountain Creek has them on 1 trail (the superpipe for TV at night), and it was a huge difference, I don't buy this "White is too bright" crap at all.