Bad bad week for skiers

method9455

NJ snowboarder gets killed in terrain park

Pro skier killed during filming for Warren Miller movie

+ What we heard about in the Blue forum.

Bad bad week, fuck. My heart goes out to all. I still say the drive up is more dangerous than the skiing, I wonder how many accidents on the way to the mountains there are that don't get mentioned. But still, I've always known this sport is deadly, but normally it is stories like "3 college kids went out of bounds without beacons after a 5' storm with 40 mph winds and where killed in avalanche", not people doing relatively normal things, you like to think it won't happen to you, but it can. I'm not saying that it will, but it just sucks to think that it can.

One teammates on the race team at Lehigh suffered serious injuries at CB last night....

She was seriously injured yesterday during a free ski run at Camelback. She was taken by helicopter from the mountain to the Lehigh Valley Hospital. The most current information I have is that she is in a stable condition. She suffered brain and neck injuries, a broken wrist, and some internal organ damage. Luckily she was wearing a helmet.

As of now, she's stable, but has continued bleeding from brain. keep her in your thoughts.....

Bad week? Try Bad Year. 20+ have been killed in avalanches in the past 7 weeks. That doesn't include all of the other crazy stuff that has happened this year with people falling off lifts, hitting trees, and other trauma related deaths. I heard that this is more already this year, then all of last year.

Probably the reason why I wont ski without a helmet now.

x2

i just went out and bought one the other day because i've been hearing about alot of people being killed by head trauma caused by ski/snowboard related accidents

One teammates on the race team at Lehigh suffered serious injuries at CB last night....

She was seriously injured yesterday during a free ski run at Camelback. She was taken by helicopter from the mountain to the Lehigh Valley Hospital. The most current information I have is that she is in a stable condition. She suffered brain and neck injuries, a broken wrist, and some internal organ damage. Luckily she was wearing a helmet.

As of now, she's stable, but has continued bleeding from brain. keep her in your thoughts.....

Holy cow - do you have some more details on what happened? That is awful. Was it a collision?

We were at CB on Saturday and the entire mountain was so icy - I definitely skied in defensive mode. I don't mind icy conditions but something just didn't feel right the entire day.

BTW....how are you doing?

Yes, it is does seem we're hearing about more serious injuries and fatalities this winter. Very sad.