bear creek park patrol

snowboarddude

it is becoming a safty issue there are more and more noobs in the park every week. it is hard to get a nice run because of how much i get cut off. i think it would be a good idea for bear to have 1 guy at the top of cascade and blackbear park just to tell noobs, 3 yr old kids, dads that have their kids on leashes that it would be nice for them to go try the "FAMILY" park and after they get better comeback and they can ride blackbear and cascade park. <_< i have seen and old 70yr old lady push her 4 yr old grandson along a flow rail :banghead

i think that it would cut down the amount of people bear sends to away in ambulances down greatly

anyone agree disagree???

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember there being a thread last season when a park crew person told us that we should take matters in our own hands and tell them to stay out. so volunteer some time and chill at the top for a bit until someone else comes and offers to take your place for a bit.

i dunnto im drunk watfhing lost and thats all i got.bear wouldn never do that on their own

im currently watching mfm's part in absinthes otpimistic, and he just sprays the gapers in the park when they get in his way. it takes up about a 1/4 of his part. pretty funny.

spray em? i dunno. this video is siiick though.

Edited by vincent vega

just posting some random person at the top of the park would not work. People do not respect some random kid who tells them that they cannot be there. Ive told people politely many times that what they were doing was not safe and that they should not be there and they basically told me who are you to say that. People who come up 2 days a year don't want to be told by some (what they consider) punk to stay off the mountain that they payed to be on. The only way they will listen is if a bear creek employee were to tell them.

Yeah like nick is saying same thing here we were digging out the small staircase with one of the park crew guys a weekend or two back and we asked someone nicely to be careful on the jumps because they could get hurt by someone landing on them or crashing into them and that their just rolling over the lip wasn't good for the jump; long story short we got yelled at by the dude and he tried to start a fight with us. Bear Creek you need to step your game up on rider relations I've been bummed out the past few times I've come up first it was a bad experience with security at the deck, then it was how management is saying the parks are unsafe it's not that their unsafe it's that people who shouldn't be in the park or parks are in there just taking it hard.

So please get park crew or ski patrol to get on this so the parks are legit. again I love Bear for what it's been and what it can be don't disappoint me.

Well we all know that bear creek gets a good 75% of their money from park rats. If they put a guy up top getting a little above minimum wage telling all of the gapers to get out of the park, I personally think that they bring in a ton more people from other mountains who want to ride a gaperless park.

B.C Ironworks could even have a new slogan " riding in a gaper free park"

They have ski patrol...they just need to do their job.

y do almost all the ski patrols have to be dicks? i mean i try to be nice and say hi and all i get is a dirty look they all act like they have sticks up their a$$e$

ski patrols flip on people for riding a little wooded trail when we get a little fresh power and flip on people for building a little jump on the side of the run

i think ski patrol needs to get there crap 2gether and stop bitching at the little stuff and relise that the park is becoming a major problem with all the little kidds and gapers in it

Well we all know that bear creek gets a good 75% of their money from park rats.

are you serious? bear will be lucky to make 10% of their money off of the park rats. who do you think stays in the hotels? who buys $7 chicken baskets? trust me its not the park rats

I am a snowboard patroller and patrol on sunday nights 3-to close and when me and my friends are patrolling we make sure everyone who shouldnt be in the park knows not to stand on landings etc. but its so hard to keep all the dumb people out. The other patrollers actually stand on the landings and do the same things as these other people. Honestly, every other patroller either doesnt know that you shouldnt do those things or doesnt care about people that shouldnt be in the park...I think im going to try to talk to my boss and see what i can do about this.

y do almost all the ski patrols have to be dicks? i mean i try to be nice and say hi and all i get is a dirty look they all act like they have sticks up their a$$e$

ski patrols flip on people for riding a little wooded trail when we get a little fresh power and flip on people for building a little jump on the side of the run

i think ski patrol needs to get there crap 2gether and stop bitching at the little stuff and relise that the park is becoming a major problem with all the little kidds and gapers in it

Im a patroller and me and my friends that patrol on sundays are definently not any of these kinds of patrollers...so its not all patroller's that are dicks.

are you serious? bear will be lucky to make 10% of their money off of the park rats. who do you think stays in the hotels? who buys $7 chicken baskets? trust me its not the park rats

Yeah that was kind of a dumb statement on my part, what i meant to say was that like 75% of their regular population is park rats and it would attract more people like us if they paid a guy minimum wage to sit at the top and sort out those who arent supposed to be in the park

Also, most of the snowboard patrollers are nice as can be. Its just some of the older patrollers that ski that seem to have somethin up their ass

Edited by EAZY-Emuntz

Yeah that was kind of a dumb statement on my part, what i meant to say was that like 75% of their regular population is park rats and it would attract more people like us if they paid a guy minimum wage to sit at the top and sort out those who arent supposed to be in the park

you need to stop making up percentages. seriously. 75% of the people who go to bear are park rats? wrong. if that were the case, there would be no lodge, no hotel, and the entire mountain would be a park.

They make the hotel to make money off of the people that arent park rats and they overprice it to get more stuff, but honestly when you are in the line for the lift, what do you see more of snowboarders and freestyle skiers or the people looking to ride some fresh pa powder

another one wrong. go any saturday or sunday, ride both sides of the mountain. the quad on the other side is always a 5-10 minute longer wait during peak times.

99% of us are upset about people who dont belong in the park being there and as many others have said tryin to tell somebody they dont belong in the park doesnt work...yesterday evening a mom(wearing neon green,pink an yellow with straight ski) with her 3 kids i saw them at the top of the park by the gate and smartstyle sign...i asked her to not go into the park she goes

Mom: its our last run we just want to go over the jumps and off the side we wont do anything

Me: thats my point, sumbody could get really hurt because of this

Mom: well they should watch where their going

Me: its not that its the fact your kids could be in the blind spot and possibly get hit

kid 1(about 8): dont be such a butthole

Me: i'm not i'm tryin to avoid hittin you and or havin u get hurt

Mom: you dont care about my kids

Me: your exactly right but i care about me equipment and myself

they ski past the blue gate

Me: go read that big orange sign thats says medium features and experts skills required

kid 2(about 6): mommy lets go

Me: just please dont roll over the lips of the jump it messes them up

Family in unison: WE DONT CARE

mom: leave us alone before we report you

me: calm down go head and then we can talk about smartstyle and how you dont belong in the park

mom: go break your neck you disrespectful punk

me: have a nice day

this takes the cake right here the kid rolls over the first jump in black bear falls the second kid does the same they land on eachother roll down the landing and proceed to do the same thing on the next jump...here we go this one does it kid 1 goes to "do" the bleacher one ski goes under the bleacher kid smacks the plastic face first and the other ski pops off and goes like off to the side...the mom comes down i ride by and go "told ya so"

Edited by Youngbloodz

another one wrong. go any saturday or sunday, ride both sides of the mountain. the quad on the other side is always a 5-10 minute longer wait during peak times.

Alright my bad, im not trying to get verbally raped, i just was trying to get a point across by agreeing that they should look into having a guy up top who tries to keep people out of the park that arent supposed to be there or maybe just someone that should try to explain smartstyle to these people.

99% of us are upset about people who dont belong in the park being there and as many others have said tryin to tell somebody they dont belong in the park doesnt work...yesterday evening a mom(wearing neon green,pink an yellow with straight ski) with her 3 kids i saw them at the top of the park by the gate and smartstyle sign...i asked her to not go into the park she goes

Mom: its our last run we just want to go over the jumps and off the side we wont do anything

Me: thats my point, sumbody could get really hurt because of this

Mom: well they should watch where their going

Me: its not that its the fact your kids could be in the blind spot and possibly get hit

kid 1(about 8): dont be such a butthole

Me: i'm not i'm tryin to avoid hittin you and or havin u get hurt

Mom: you dont care about my kids

Me: your exactly right but i care about me equipment and myself

they ski past the blue gate

Me: go read that big orange sign thats says medium features and experts skills required

kid 2(about 6): mommy lets go

Me: just please dont roll over the lips of the jump it messes them up

Family in unison: WE DONT CARE

mom: leave us alone before we report you

me: calm down go head and then we can talk about smartstyle and how you dont belong in the park

mom: go break your neck you disrespectful punk

me: have a nice day

this takes the cake right here the kid rolls over the first jump in black bear falls the second kid does the same they land on eachother roll down the landing and proceed to do the same thing on the next jump...here we go this one does it kid 1 goes to "do" the bleacher one ski goes under the bleacher kid smacks the plastic face first and the other ski pops off and goes like off to the side...the mom comes down i ride by and go "told ya so"

I still don't get why all of these gapers think that they are so smart and they wont just agree to go away. Its prolly just because they have the mindset that they paid to be here so why should they have to leave.

Also, I think that they could have some of the snowboarding ski patrollers ask people to leave because they aren't following smartstyle, but not go like nazi, just particularly the families that are riding over the jumps, standing in the landings, etc.

Edited by EAZY-Emuntz