Alta 1/2-1/4 TR

meggles

All I can say is wow. After hell at the airport yesterday and finally getting here at midnight Mtn time..wow. I've never skied this much powder before..I'm in shock. Depth goes anywhere from knee to mid-thigh deep..it's unbelievable. It's actually pretty hard to get the right mentality seeing as my EC-oriented brain fears piles, clumps, etc, where I really have no need to worry about them here even if they look like they would send me flying haha. Floating like that is one of the best feelings.. Once my knee started bugging me (I forgot my brace..) I stopped for the day. Anyway, theres a shitload of powder here with 10 more inches tonight and 1-3 feet Sunday night. Yep, feet. It's crazy here. Ill post a ton of pictures when I get back..and I'll keep updating this..even though I'm not the best at writing TR's.

All I can say is wow. After hell at the airport yesterday and finally getting here at midnight Mtn time..wow. I've never skied this much powder before..I'm in shock. Depth goes anywhere from knee to mid-thigh deep..it's unbelievable. It's actually pretty hard to get the right mentality seeing as my EC-oriented brain fears piles, clumps, etc, where I really have no need to worry about them here even if they look like they would send me flying haha. Floating like that is one of the best feelings.. Once my knee started bugging me (I forgot my brace..) I stopped for the day. Anyway, theres a shitload of powder here with 10 more inches tonight and 1-3 feet Sunday night. Yep, feet. It's crazy here. Ill post a ton of pictures when I get back..and I'll keep updating this..even though I'm not the best at writing TR's.

Lucky f*ck.

I wish I were you...

...I'll be at Vail though in March, so HA!

HOLY SHIT. I've never been in so much snow. Faceshots galore, and if it weren't for powder straps I would've lost my skis a few times haha. When I tried to stand up in the snow after I had a little double-ejection incident, my boot just sunk down and the snow was up to my crotch. It's literally bottomless. Yesterday was nothing compared to today..and we're supposed to get even more snow tonight?! They're calling it The Perfect Storm hah. I can't even believe these conditions haha. Soooooo much fun..wow. And there's really steep sections here which I was intimidated by at first..but when you figure out just to let your skis point downhill and you just kinda..bounce I guess? It feels sooo right haha. Plus Highway 210 closed at 1 so everyone left beforehand..it was sweet. Haha watching a dog get on a chairlift is entertaining too. But wow.. the conditions today were unbelievable.

Edited by meggles

• 1 month later...