Brighton 2/2/08 + Park City 2/3/08

snorovr

After Northwest cancelled all their flights out of Philly Friday night, my bro and I finally made it into SLC yesterday morning. The lesson of the day was to always call the airlines back keep bugging them to get on the flight you want. Picked up a rental car and decided to head to Brighton for the half day. Hit up a burrito bar on the way and got jazzed to ride the previous days dump. Conditions were awesome, droppin' little hits here and them and just ripping around the mountain. My little brother was slaying lines I was even a little hesitant about. Kid can ski!

On one of the lift rides my brother talked to a guy who told us about a free De La Soul concert in Park City last night, and after we heard that our stoke level when through the roof. We rolled up and it didn't start till an hour after it was sposed to, but it was sooooo awesome. I've wanted to see De La forever, and it couldnt have been better that it was free. During the show it start dumping snow, and everyone in the crowd was sooooo pumped. One funny thing was that the concert was at Deer Valley, and probably 90% of the audience were boarders who were making it known. It got pretty rowdy and security started strongarming some people, so my bro and I peaced out to get some dinner.

Woke up this morning to about 8" of fresh out the window, with more on the mountain. Skied Park City cuz it was a nightmare to try to get anywhere else and we are staying right at the bottom here. Got first tracks several times after some lucky timing with rope drops, and it felt like a movie. Just sooooooo deep and light and blowing everywhere, definitely perfect for the way my seasons been so far. They didn't open a lot of the better stuff on the mountain, and the locals had strong words about that, but there was still a lot of fun stuff in the trees.

It just started snowing again as I'm typing this, and it is coming down HARD. Tomorrow is gonna be unreal, and we're thinking about heading up to Powder Mt. or Snowbasin. I'll try to get some pics up but I accidentally brought the wrong camera cable. Oops... Have fun in PA, peace.

-Trevor

i deffinitly want to hear aobut what areas are good at snowbasin since i am headed there on sunday for a week

Off strawberry gondola is Demoisy, from the top of the gondi head right up the bootpack and on the ridge look for the notches that indicate the chutes. There are three distinct ones, the widest is on the right the smallest and balliest is far left.

Ogden and strawberry peak are good too but require alot of work and some skill.

Off John Paul is the no name area which has good pow skiing and a little steeps. If the coke can is running take it to get the extra vert, if you know the area you can ride the backside into Ogden. The Olympic downhill starts up there too, which is fun. The only thing you have to worry about over here is going to far out wheelers and getting into the pyramids which are only ok and leave you with a short walk back to the lift.

Lastly ride sisters and look right I will leave it to you to figure the rest out.