Steamboat TR 02-05-08

Glenn

I had the greatest powder day of my life yesterday at steamboat. I've ridden blower a few times at WP but never even close to this deep. Untouched areas were knee to waist deep. Tracked areas were ankle to knee deep. We didn't find that much in terms of super tech terrain, a few turns down some hikeable stuff, and a weird cliff band. For the most part it's a mellow pitched mountain with super good snow, and aspen trees, which are the bomb.

Left to right: Dave, Myself, Lindsy

post-60-1202336838_thumb.jpg

Just around the corner from the above picture we noticed the clouds below.

post-60-1202336845_thumb.jpg

Random Lift shots.

post-60-1202336813_thumb.jpg

post-60-1202336823_thumb.jpg

Some people getting the freshies below.

post-60-1202336831_thumb.jpg

Small hucks before my camera died. Lindsy and dave hit a really big one, but the pics are on a disposable. Maybe I'll post when they get developed.

post-60-1202336852_thumb.jpg

post-60-1202336860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glenn

I had the greatest powder day of my life yesterday at steamboat. I've ridden blower a few times at WP but never even close to this deep. Untouched areas were knee to waist deep. Tracked areas were ankle to knee deep. We didn't find that much in terms of super tech terrain, a few turns down some hikeable stuff, and a weird cliff band. For the most part it's a mellow pitched mountain with super good snow, and aspen trees, which are the bomb.

Left to right: Dave, Myself, Lindsy

post-60-1202336838_thumb.jpg

Just around the corner from the above picture we noticed the clouds below.

post-60-1202336845_thumb.jpg

Random Lift shots.

post-60-1202336813_thumb.jpg

post-60-1202336823_thumb.jpg

Some people getting the freshies below.

post-60-1202336831_thumb.jpg

Small hucks before my camera died. Lindsy and dave hit a really big one, but the pics are on a disposable. Maybe I'll post when they get developed.

post-60-1202336852_thumb.jpg

post-60-1202336860_thumb.jpg

nice pix and TR, sounds like the west has snow to spare, lol

Edited by Glenn

Lindsay is the shit!

Yes she is. Girl can rip, and will send any cliff you tell her has a good landing. The pics on the disposable show her sending a 35+ footer. No hesitation either. I ride with her nearly every day. Chicks who rip are awesome.

I'm headed out to Steamboat in 3 weeks. It'd be great if this weather keeps up and we got dumped on out there. Its my first time out west is there anything there that I can't miss? The Mt. Werner/Morningside Peak area looks killer.

Uh the hikeable stuff above morningside was a blast. Thats where all the really good hucks of the day, and the two pictured are from. It was super steep in the fall line, and super deep too. Its only about 800 feet of vert though, and then you are on a super flat cat track. We did it twice, and it pretty much killed our energy for the day. Other than that, definately find some aspens to rip through, and maybe try a line or two on the cliffs lookers left of the pony chair.