Demoing 2009 Skis On Wednesday

Ski4Food

Hey everyone,

I'm attending another shop employee demo on Wednesday and was wondering if anyone on here had any skis for next year that they wanted a review on?

I'll put out a general review later this week, but wanted to know if there were any skis that people were particularly interested in!

Let Me Know!

Think Snow!

They're discontinuing the Public Enemy..it's going to be called something different for 08-09...

Why would somebody want somebody else to demo skis for them???? Makes no sense..since we all have different preferences.

I don't know if there is a direct replacment the Kung Fujas is kind of the new Seth (95 waist) I don't know the waist for the Extreme but the Disorderlylooks closest.

3295.jpg

extreme replaces the PE, but its got less sidecut, making it more park specific. the kung fujas is more along the lines of the old seth pistol as far as dimensions go, and the new ski, from what i've heard, is a true twin, thats replacing the fujative as their park specific ski. the hellbents still look sick.

Crap!!! Looks like I might be better off picking up another pair of PE's or just getting the volkl bridge like

I was considering anyway... I need a stiff (because of my weight) all mtn twin tip in 180+ that's I can take out west once a year, but still ski the ice, crud, of the East.. That isn't going to kill me to the tune of a boatload of $$$$ Any other suggestions for a budget minded ski like that??

Crap!!! Looks like I might be better off picking up another pair of PE's or just getting the volkl bridge like

I was considering anyway... I need a stiff (because of my weight) all mtn twin tip in 180+ that's I can take out west once a year, but still ski the ice, crud, of the East.. That isn't going to kill me to the tune of a boatload of $$$$ Any other suggestions for a budget minded ski like that??

Keep the old ones and buy a real pow ski, for 200 - 400 you can get a sick 100 plus ski and not have to sacrifice on performance.

EC twins are easy to pick up cheap, look on-line right at the end of the seaon or watch Gear Swap on TGR.

I like the AR5/6's for mixed EC skiing and you can pick up a pair of those for like 300 end of the year

Even if you think touring is for hippies or people that can't afford lift tickets these have to give you a boner. DIN AND DYNAFIT compatable keyed/sliding system blocks, adjustable flex up to 110, 3.8lbs, BOA Closure System and cheap MSR is 700.

News253.jpg

I think one of our employees ordered that boot on an employee early release program. I'll check into it and let you know! It does look like an awesome boot though!

I know demoing skis is a personal preference thing, but I could/can at least give you somewhat of an idea about how they ski.

and if possible the ar6, if thats what its still going to be called next season

It is, dimensions don't change but I think they got rid of the variable sidewall....though that may have been last year.

pics - Ar6 is third one from the right

1201200506-565702-400x393-173745811_5_mvtD.jpeg

25974.jpg

I think one of our employees ordered that boot on an employee early release program. I'll check into it and let you know! It does look like an awesome boot though!

Sick Sick Sick....I hope I can get them through proform early next year but they may not be the poser forms I have acess to.

I'm interested.. if they changed the public enemy any... If they kept it the same then that's cool too as it's a great ski.

The PE is now the Extreme! Similar construction with a different sidecut! It skied great, it's just a little bit more turny. Hope that helps!

yea especially the "suspects" please, and the volkl walls, and if possible the ar6, if thats what its still going to be called next season

The walls didn't change for next year! It's a sick ski! Armada didn't make it to the demo, and the Rep didn't have any suspects.

Salomon Park skis, any of them with the new wood core.

I only skied the new Dumont, The Lord, and the Czar.

The Dumont was amazing! Probably the best park ski I skied all day! It's got a lot of pop and the vertical side walls are a very nice touch! The Lord with it's mini rocker skied great it was a lot of fun and it floats well and busts through crud with no problem... think of it as the love child of the gun and the foil. The Czar was sweet! At 111 underfoot it was suprisingly agile and it wasn't to hard to make short turns. Salomon's tins are probably the best out there in my opinion. They've really stepped it up for next year!

The 183 Ice Atlantic Shaman, Vokyl Kuro and the BD Megawatt check out the BD boots too those things give me a boner.

Icelantic didn't make the demoeysince there aren't many shops in NY that will carry them. Volkl didn't bring the Kuro, and BD didn't show up. They will most likely be at some of the Telefest's around the state. I know there's one at Denton on the 23rd and 24th.

i'm really curious about those as well, since i havent had a chance to try any of next year's stuff due to work cutting into my midweek ski time.

I did get and chance to ski the Kung Fujas! It skied a lot like the Seth of old, but better. I guess that's the best way to describe it. I highly reccomend skiing it before you buy it, but it was a very nice skiing ski. A lot better than I anticipated!

It is, dimensions don't change but I think they got rid of the variable sidewall....though that may have been last year.

pics - Ar6 is third one from the right

1201200506-565702-400x393-173745811_5_mvtD.jpeg

25974.jpg

Sick Sick Sick....I hope I can get them through proform early next year but they may not be the poser forms I have acess to.

Who is you? Those are NS pics!

Message me about Armada if you are serious.

Who is you? Those are NS pics!

Message me about Armada if you are serious.

I is me.....I took them off TGR who it seems took them from NS.

Serious about what ? Armada ? I have like 5 or 6 pairs already I don't need any more right now unless you got a pair of ARGs for cheap....best reverse camber/sidecut ski.

I did get and chance to ski the Kung Fujas! It skied a lot like the Seth of old, but better. I guess that's the best way to describe it. I highly reccomend skiing it before you buy it, but it was a very nice skiing ski. A lot better than I anticipated!

so its not very much of a park ski then, eh? what else did you ski from k2?

I is me.....I took them off TGR who it seems took them from NS.

Serious about what ? Armada ? I have like 5 or 6 pairs already I don't need any more right now unless you got a pair of ARGs for cheap....best reverse camber/sidecut ski.

So wait - you have 5 pairs of Armada and we don't know you. WTF man, who are you?