Intro

noofus

Just wanted to say Hi - obviously I am new here.

Started skiing last winter (Dont know what took me all these years to discover this wonderful activity). I spend most of my ski time at Blue as its the closest to where I live.

I feel like I have learned pretty quickly - blue trails dont cause me much grief and my friends say I even have decent form on them too. I can do Main Street without much trouble - but I can feel my form getting sloppy as I get faster.

I spent this past weekend at Elk and I feel like I have improved even more. And the few attempts I did at their Black Diamond runs felt pretty good even though I know I was far from perfect.

You'll keep getting better the more you ski, like most anything. It actually gets easier when you feel comfortable skiing faster and riding your edges, and is less work on the legs. Keep building on your progress, but most importantly, enjoy it no matter what level of skier you are.

It actually gets easier when you feel comfortable skiing faster and riding your edges, and is less work on the legs.

I noticed that myself this weekend - the snow at Elk was pretty nice and I wasnt as fearful of hurting myself if I wiped out - so I allowed myself more speed than I usually take. I found I had more control going faster than I did trying to keep my speed down. My skis held their edges much better that way.

I also was a whole lot less sore after two full days of skiing this past weekend than any single day I have done at Blue so far. I must be learning to relax.

Cant wait to get back out to Blue this Saturday to practice some more...