6" dump

moe ghoul

fine... be that way... you will be missing out on the 4.5 inch dump that Blue got and the rain they are getting now... but if thats what you want to do....

It was a tough choice, amigo....... but it's a little too cold for waterskiing and my wetsuit is a little too snug these days. :huh:

Looks like Elk qualified as a dump and the weather is holding with a wintry mix and forecast for a couple more inches. I'm gonna head up and crash at friends house again in Pocono Pines and get up there Fri AM.

Elk got about 6" (my cabin's 1 mile away as the crow flies and faces the terrain park and DE slope). I was up at 6:00 AM and there was a little ice crust on top of the fresh. By the time the lifts opened at 8:30 it was raining moderately and by 9:30 it was raining heavily. We headed home at 11:45 and saw one lone skiier on Susquehanna. Didn't bother taking a closer look as the sattelite only showed a continuing downpour. The 6" snowfall had turned into about 3" of slush by the tome we left. It could be pretty decent by Fri--no guarantees.

Rummy

Elk got about 6" (my cabin's 1 mile away as the crow flies and faces the terrain park and DE slope). I was up at 6:00 AM and there was a little ice crust on top of the fresh. By the time the lifts opened at 8:30 it was raining moderately and by 9:30 it was raining heavily. We headed home at 11:45 and saw one lone skiier on Susquehanna. Didn't bother taking a closer look as the sattelite only showed a continuing downpour. The 6" snowfall had turned into about 3" of slush by the tome we left. It could be pretty decent by Fri--no guarantees.

Rummy

Thanks for the update. Doubtful that I'm going now, looks like everyone else's weekend is unravelling, so the house may be unavailable anyway. I think I'll just hit the gym and burn the legs for the next 4 days and wait til next week's trip.

Does 6 inches really qualify as a dump? Most don't consider anything under 7 inches a true "powder day", let alone a dump. I'm still stoked for an inch or two, but 6 inches, a dump? Really?

this is PA Glenn... you used to live here. you should know that 6" of snow here is like a blizzard compared to the way our winters have been lately.

Does 6 inches really qualify as a dump? Most don't consider anything under 7 inches a true "powder day", let alone a dump. I'm still stoked for an inch or two, but 6 inches, a dump? Really?

In this neck of the woods 1" = 1' in CO. But it ONLY applies to snowfall. ;)

In this neck of the woods 1" = 1' in CO. But it ONLY applies to snowfall. ;)

... Still waiting on a 1 foot 24hr snowfall in WP. It's cold and dry, and we get good snow regularly, but not a lot at a time. I've had less than 10 real powder days here, and two of them were at other mountains. I understand thats more than you've had in PA, but not by a lot. If I were in Utah, or the PNW it would be a very different story.

... Still waiting on a 1 foot 24hr snowfall in WP. It's cold and dry, and we get good snow regularly, but not a lot at a time. I've had less than 10 real powder days here, and two of them were at other mountains. I understand thats more than you've had in PA, but not by a lot. If I were in Utah, or the PNW it would be a very different story.

Sorry to here that CO ain't much better than the Pokes for you. Come on back, we'll save you some crud and skidmarks. Pack a few coolers of CO snow, it might help :)