Flying with A Board/ Question

train36

Do you take your bindings off your board before packing it into your bag and flying with it? I have only been out west once and I think I took my bindings off my board, put them back in the box and stuffed them in my board bag with everything else. Does in matter if I keep them on or should I take them off again? I think I was worried about a bunch of stuff laying on top of them and messing them up somehow. It would probably be easier keeping them on b/c we get in late Friday and are riding early Saturday, but it doesn't take that long to setup a board. Just wondering what everyone else does.

Remember..the airlines are not responsible for any damage to your skis/boards if it's in a soft/padded bag..I'm think of getting a hard plastic ski-bag for that reason..because the baggage handlers are so freaking rough with ski bags.

You won't regret it. We have had ours for 7 years now, so cool to see them stickered up from all the differnt places, nips taking them to summer camp. etc etc etc plus they make for a great hamper in hotel rooms during the week you are vacationing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I tell customers to wrap their nose and tail with their pants and jacket so they can't get a delam or some sort of damage, but I know what's coming what if my board bag get's jacket I'm out a board, jacket and pants. This is a risk I also recommend putting your boots in there either in between or on either side of your bindings so you don't end up with a shattered high back or anything, again same theft issue but you're taking the risk of flying with your board you might as well make sure it's safe if you don't have a hard case.