TR JF 2-27-08

RidgeRacer

Hey all...just back from another day at JF. I got there late (even for me) today and pulled into an fairly empty lot at 12:00, got my ticket and hit the snow. I love mid week at JF...I'm actually cosidering a mid week only pass next season. Skiing with huge crowds just isn't the same. Anyway back to the TR. I decided to make my first run through the One Park trees onto Exhibition. The trees were icy and hard thanks to the rain and then freezing temps. Pretty much anything "off piste" was that way today so I didn't spend much time off the trails. Exhibition however had a carvable hardpack and cord surface.

After Exhibition I made my way through the "gateway" over to East and stayed there for pretty much the next few hours since the Abstract chair was closed. All of East is a hardpacked / frozen corduroy surface with some ice in spots, predominantly in the middle of the trails. Floyds has mini ice bumps forming to the skier's right of the trail. Ended with a very nice run on Challenege but had to skate back over to the East Mt lift to get back up.

Although today was not my favorite surface, it was easy to stay in high speed mode and carve GS turns on pretty much all of the trails which was nice. The best part about today was the lack of people. Hopefully a little snowmaking tonight will bring back some of that nice man made powder and hopefully some natural for the WMMR day on Friday.

Honestly, though I'm sure your not used to the crowds, the weekends aren't half bad. Especially if you get there early. Last weekend was the worst I've seen it to date. The lines, especially on East, are minimal on ALOT of weekends IMO.

ON another note, this looks like my last weekend at JFBB for this season. I have a bachelor party next weekend and then a trip to Stowe the following. I'm expecting JFBB to be open after that, but me and my wife have a bun in the oven and she is taking control of my weekends after Stowe to get the house baby ready. I will try to finagle(sp?) a day, but it's not looking to good.

I will be at BB on friday night and JF or BB (not sure yet) on Sat.

Honestly, though I'm sure your not used to the crowds, the weekends aren't half bad. Especially if you get there early. Last weekend was the worst I've seen it to date. The lines, especially on East, are minimal on ALOT of weekends IMO.

ON another note, this looks like my last weekend at JFBB for this season. I have a bachelor party next weekend and then a trip to Stowe the following. I'm expecting JFBB to be open after that, but me and my wife have a bun in the oven and she is taking control of my weekends after Stowe to get the house baby ready.

Congrats...I didn't know you were an old guy.

...the Abstract chair was closed. ...

That's typical for midweek, starting around the last week of Feb. That usually means that T-bolt and Challenge stay in really good shape. Only down side is that you have to use the east mt. lift, to access both of these :banghead . I was wondering if there would be a spot toward the bottom of t-bolt, to cut a cross over, to access the triples... I always forget to look.

..Hopefully a little snowmaking tonight will bring back some of that nice man made powder and hopefully some natural for the WMMR day on Friday.

Something tells me that snowmaking is done for the year. I'm a little worried about BB making it till the end of April...at least the trails that I like. Last year they had over a 100" depth.

Nice tr, PARR, but no pics because of me? :banghead If you're interested, I'll bet your pass is good for Sunday twilights at Sno for $10. Just a thought. They say they honor season passes, not necessarily exclusive of weekday passes.

:D No the camera phone usually comes out only when conditions are camera phone worthy. I wasn't feeling it today... more pics are coming though.

Actually I was thinking that. On weekends I could take advantage of Sno's special (which I actually would like to do at some point this season) or ski Blue on Sunday nights for cheap.