On a lighter note....

Ski

Nothing more than a little recognition of what the Sno Devo Team coaches have done for Ty, who has always been the last one down the hill. At the end of the season (they have two more practices), I'll do a detailed report---a report any parent with little skiers might be interested in. But the team has moved on to balance drills which include leaving one ski at the bottom of the hill and navigating the mountain on one ski. And they spend about 80% of the time on the NF :no:o

Running gates is a tiny portion of what the kids do and not important at all. It's kind of their 20 minutes of fun after lunch period. She's been having a blast, though, and hasn't missed a practice even with a cold or two.

Nice Job Ty!!! Ski I like the middle name. Although, I think Snow would have been a better fit, all things considered. :D

Ha, we spent weeks going through all the different languages and words for snow and ice, including all the Eskimo words, like kaniktshaq, qanik, anijo, hiko, tskio, tsikut, hikuliaq, quahak, kanut, pugtag, pegalujak, manelag, ivuneg, manerag, akuvijarjuak, kuhugag, nilak, and tugartag.

Little Pugtag kinda has a nice ring, eh?

So Rain is was...

Anyway, as to her racing, I'm just happy she's in the mix, so to speak. I kind of embarrass her one coach by always saying, "Have I told you thank you, today?" all the time. What ski team coaches do---for that age---is 100 times harder than, say, what soccer coaches do. Imagine having a group of 6 to 8 yr old's out in winter weather five hours a day, mostly on black diamonds. That's a job for heroes, in my book.

Oh, and btw, the girl who'll probably be the 'rabbit' on the team for years to come is named Summer :D

But the team has moved on to balance drills which include leaving one ski at the bottom of the hill and navigating the mountain on one ski.

My kids did a ski race camp over the Christmas break at Smugg's and HATED doing that drill.

They still complain about that. So now I have proof that others do this drill.

But that's awesome news about Ty.....WAY TO GO!!!!!

Yeah, it's a real drill for sure. I've had to do it at race camps and every USSA team does it. It was always an effective threat by the CAT coaches when the kids were getting lazy...and they added that the kids would be hiking up and skiing back down on one ski.

Isn't the old saying 'pain is weakness leaving your body'? :D

But it does great things for your skiing...

Oh, and come to think of it...remember two seasons ago, or so, when Bode lost a ski in a dowhill race and kept going on one ski? He even tucked some of it? The announcers were all saying things about how stupid and risky it was for him to continue. They said he could have easily gotten badly injured. I sided with Bode on that one..his response was that he'd had at least a dozen coaches make him ski countless laps on one ski, so what was the big deal?

Nothing more than a little recognition of what the Sno Devo Team coaches have done for Ty, who has always been the last one down the hill. At the end of the season (they have two more practices), I'll do a detailed report---a report any parent with little skiers might be interested in. But the team has moved on to balance drills which include leaving one ski at the bottom of the hill and navigating the mountain on one ski. And they spend about 80% of the time on the NF :no:o

Running gates is a tiny portion of what the kids do and not important at all. It's kind of their 20 minutes of fun after lunch period. She's been having a blast, though, and hasn't missed a practice even with a cold or two.

What's an NF?