Uber quick TR 3/10/8

Ski

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, not on my slalom skis, for sure. You'd hit 60+ tucking WL and the compression would be almost impossible to hold. Ski Head has probably done some of the more insane things on WL, so I'll have to ask if it was him---I know he likes to get really close to the trees on that side.

Ski, tucked it once on a pair of 191 gs skis :o was f*&kin movin! I was young, dumb, and full of cum back then. Doing that on my 160 supershapes would be insane and certain death, if not a definite ride in a meat wagon.

As far as ice goes, I do not know much about the ski you are talking about but what I know about edge hold on ice, which ski mfg don't want you to know, is that the edge hold is more about your movements than the ski. If you are moving foward with your skis, it cannot slide sideways period. A ski slips sideways when you stand on the ski to slow down, push it sideways, or get in the back seat. It is a simple matter of the laws of motion.

Here comes the haters....................

Edited by ski HEAD

hahaha SKI thinks he knows more about twin tips than papasteeze.

such a silly guy.

Corey, read up a little and you'll find out where nearly 100% of all ski innovations have come from. Why your bases are made out of what they are; what your edges are made from; your dampening devices, torsion rigidity, construction, and everything else.

Read a little and answer with facts instead of your stupid hate.

I'll give you a hint, though: World Cup Ski Racing.

"Testers" run skis at 90mph and land 300ft. air at 75mph. It's not a flame or hate, Corey, but park skiers don't push skis to such a limit that they completely melt bases in a single run, do they? This isn't a secret. Park skis get the trickle down effect from race technology. Recreational and park get "quieted down" to various degrees.

Eh, now you don't even have to read. I wonder if Rob knows about this?

'pics or it didnt happen' :)

IDK, I'm curious but at the same time, it might be really disturbing.

but what I know about edge hold on ice, which ski mfg don't want you to know, is that the edge hold is more about your movements than the ski.

Every race coach I've ever known will agree with that...

Ski, tucked it once on a pair of 191 gs skis :o was f*&kin movin! I was young, dumb, and full of cum back then. Doing that on my 160 supershapes would be insane and certain death, if not a definite ride in a meat wagon.

As far as ice goes, I do not know much about the ski you are talking about but what I know about edge hold on ice, which ski mfg don't want you to know, is that the edge hold is more about your movements than the ski. If you are moving foward with your skis, it cannot slide sideways period. A ski slips sideways when you stand on the ski to slow down, push it sideways, or get in the back seat. It is a simple matter of the laws of motion.

Here comes the haters....................

Presure too is huge, in soft snow you can throw a ton of pressure into the edges and the snow will compact. With ice you need to put far less pressure on the edges but maintain the track of the ski. Body movement against the carve accomplishes this, just watch racers real race courses are a sheet of ice.

Pictures??? Did you do flips and stuff...It it wasn't for my love of mad steezy speed, vert, powder, and shredding the gnar...I'd be doing the Ballet thing..

Not true inverted flips, more to the side cartwheel, t-drags, 180s, 360s, 540s, and I forget the name but ski with the tips going in oppsite directions, with different versions of that. Didn't stick to it too long though, the competitions started dropping the disipline about the time I started. I did one at BB, sugarloaf me, and loon nh around 87-88 i guess. Skied mostly bumps after that until I shredded my knee taking air in the bumps. Went back for a while but lost the nuts to go big and had to quit. Still love to ski bumps though, love skiing when its soft at mach 9, slicing the soft bumps in 2. Can and can't wait for some warm spring skiing.

Bah, if ballet skiing gets hot again, I bet you'd be all over it. You'd pick up a lot of girls with a bushy mustache and a ponytail, Brian.

Don't forget the poly shirt, gold chains and the exposed hair on your chest, you do have hair on your chest :rofl

I have alot of hair on my chest..I'll PM you a picture if you want me to prove it...I once shaved the exposed hair that pops out of a polo shirt...for a date..and it itched like hell for 3 weeks..

I'm not looking forward to beach season...I'll need a good bikini waxing before I squeeze into my Borat-esque Man-thong..Banana Hammock..lol

Did you get lucky? Was she hot?

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices!!

I'm grilled steeze sandwich...I don't need luck.. B) She had less facial hair than me..back in my match.com days, I couldn't say that about all my dates.. :lol:

This one girl really needed to trim her unibrow..luckily she was a really good kisser.. :D

omfg :lol:

I have alot of hair on my chest..I'll PM you a picture if you want me to prove it...I once shaved the exposed hair that pops out of a polo shirt...for a date..and it itched like hell for 3 weeks..

I'm not looking forward to beach season...I'll need a good bikini waxing before I squeeze into my Borat-esque Man-thong..Banana Hammock..lol

Steve Catrell, 40yo virgin??

Corey, read up a little and you'll find out where nearly 100% of all ski innovations have come from. Why your bases are made out of what they are; what your edges are made from; your dampening devices, torsion rigidity, construction, and everything else.

Read a little and answer with facts instead of your stupid hate.

I'll give you a hint, though: World Cup Ski Racing.

"Testers" run skis at 90mph and land 300ft. air at 75mph. It's not a flame or hate, Corey, but park skiers don't push skis to such a limit that they completely melt bases in a single run, do they? This isn't a secret. Park skis get the trickle down effect from race technology. Recreational and park get "quieted down" to various degrees.

Eh, now you don't even have to read. I wonder if Rob knows about this?

well i worked at the ski corner for a while, so i do know the basics. and i do know that they are built differently because they are not used for the same thing. It's not "quited down" it's different dimensions, weights, etc. to carry out different acts.

well i worked at the ski corner for a while, so i do know the basics. and i do know that they are built differently because they are not used for the same thing. It's not "quited down" it's different dimensions, weights, etc. to carry out different acts.

Kind of............ Ski is right, to a certain degree in that the highest performance skis and therefore most inovations come from racing. I think though even he would agree that up until a certain point in time there were far more pedestrian concerns in terms of binding function and ski design that were pushing the tech.

There are certain things racing skis had jack shit to do with, reverse camber reverse sidecut jobs and twins for example, granted they have limited use but they came out of the more freeride orientied scene. Still most inovations came from people wanting to go faster,

Park skis are essentially ancient technology in that it comes down to mostly sandwich, wood core skis that are durable and have thicker reinforced edges and higher ratios of cyrstaline structure in the sintered bases. Racing bases on the other hand are crazy, one team may have thirty different bases with all kinds of shit in them and all kinds of different ratios. whereas most production skis come from 3 standard bases and all that is just one small example.

It seems to me what you both are really talking about is racing vs freestyle, which, like sking vs snowboarding discussions are stupid. While it may be possible for one to exist without the other both are vastly better with the other in the sport. What is really scary is that we owe a metric ton to freeheelers, uhhh I can't bare the thought. :)

It seems to me what you both are really talking about is racing vs freestyle

No I'm not, Johnny. I have nothing against freestyle at all. How could I, since I have friends that freestyle? And I used to compete in bumps...there's no battle, no fight. Some kid works in a ski shop for a couple of weeks and knows more than a Volkl or Atomic factory rep, then so be it. Bump, freestyle, aerial, recreational racing and every other form of skiing tweaks what has been tested under the most extreme conditions. It's not a debate and would be the dumbest argument ever.

say it.. you shouldn't have to worry about getting bullied, they are only typed words, just put him on ignore.

Worried about being bullied? On a forum? By ski? There is no such thing.

Cant put him on ignore; hes too entertaining.

I just get scared of MUCH older men who always ski in tights I guess. <_<

Worried about being bullied? On a forum? By ski? There is no such thing.

Cant put him on ignore; hes too entertaining.

I just get scared of MUCH older men who always ski in tights I guess. <_<

Let it go, nfg....just find a peaceful place and go relax in it...I hate to say it, but even Chippy could kick your butt and he's afraid of loud noises...

BTW, are you really a cheerleader? ;)

Edited by ski