St. Patty's Day Report

toast21602

This morning i woke up nice and early so i could head to Blue before my meetings for the afternoon. day 67 for me. pulled in around 8:22 and booted up ready for opening. the sun was already over the mountain so the snow was starting to soften up right from the start. there was still a good breeze to keep the temps down, but i decided to wear my Forman Mills jacket instead because my DNA jacket still smelled like smoke from the bar and it was making me sick.

BlueMountain3-17-08001-1.jpg

my first few runs were on lazy, switchback, and mainstreet/barney's bumps, where were amazingly good with that softer snow.

BlueMountain3-17-08007.jpg

the park was not the best today, pretty lame actually, but i'm over it. its the end of the year at Blue and it doesnt really seem like they are going to spend time on making things better if they are just going to close in a week. the jump line was good, but the jumps were kinda small. oh well.

BlueMountain3-17-08005.jpg

took a few runs over on Burma Road since i usually dont head over to that side of the mountain.. conditions over there were surprisingly good.

BlueMountain3-17-08008.jpg

i'm so pissed that Blue is closing in a few days, but it was still a good season for PA. they still have a shit-ton of snow and i know they could stay open for another week or so, but they arent going to get the business that will make it worth it. oh well. but seriously... look at the base that they have. not bad at all.

BlueMountain3-17-08003.jpg

thats about it for a report for Blue, i'll be going up tomorrow morning as well, maybe i'll take a few more pics, maybe not. it shouldnt be much different.

Edited by toast21602

That does look like really good coverage, its too bad that all the resorts are closing based on business, I'm used to mountain creek closing when they have almost no snow left (mind you the same weekend, but they just don't have any snow left), I don't know how you guys bear it

i know. it makes me sick.

one minor detail... twas not a good season for PA. we got 10 inches of rain in february, and sidewinder never really got built up to what it was supposed to be, or even to the size it was last year. jump line flowed pretty well, but the size just wasnt there.