Mt Snow 3/23 and Stratton US Open 3/22. We prefer Mt.Snow& won't wait in US Open lift lines again

TT C6

Great point, Poc. I didn't get a house this year after we lost a roommate last year. As you get older, "shacking" up with semi-strangers, chasing money for bills, and a host of other awkward moments like sharing food, shit goes missing, "borrowing" gear, constant "guests", etc.turns me off at 47. If yer a kid, its different. Personally, I need to know a lot more about someone before I sign a lease for 3-4 months. More than just tipping a few beers and skiing for a day together.

Those "issues" are a lot less complicated than the ones you would have to deal with if you actually purchased a house in the Poconos.

Those "issues" are worth dealing if you can have a house (community room, kitchen, fireplace, jacuzzi) to use for the entire season for the same price a hotel room would cost you for one week. Also, aren't those "issues" worth dealing with to have a place to bring YOUR guests occasionally and to meet new people?

All you have to do is set good ground rules and be smart to share a house. A collection for estimated bills should be taken before the season starts or at the 1st of every month. If people want to be loud or party, they go out to the bar. If they don't bring their own stuff, they call for take-out of go to the market.

You don't HAVE to socialize with the other shareholders. You can just use the place to sleep and get ready for the next day.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those "issues" are a lot less complicated than the ones you would have to deal with if you actually purchased a house in the Poconos.

Those "issues" are worth dealing if you can have a house (community room, kitchen, fireplace, jacuzzi) to use for the entire season for the same price a hotel room would cost you for one week. Also, aren't those "issues" worth dealing with to have a place to bring YOUR guests occasionally and to meet new people?

All you have to do is set good ground rules and be smart to share a house. A collection for estimated bills should be taken before the season starts or at the 1st of every month. If people want to be loud or party, they go out to the bar. If they don't bring their own stuff, they call for take-out of go to the market.

You don't HAVE to socialize with the other shareholders. You can just use the place to sleep and get ready for the next day.

If I wanted to buy a place in the poconos I would have done that already. As far as all the "ground rules", collecting money, etc., knock yourself out, not my cup of tea. I agree in principle, cuz I used to do that with a shore house for a few years, but that was 25 years ago.