Mt Snow 3/23 and Stratton US Open 3/22. We prefer Mt.Snow& won't wait in US Open lift lines again

TT C6

Ok TT C6 we get it. You came here to make a post, have a bunch of people jump on it, and go skiing with them. You also came here to make a post, have a bunch of people jump on it, and buy a house. Neither of them worked and they will continue to not work. Drop it. PASR skis together all the time. We don't have big festivals and hooplah but we're the hardcore skiers/riders at all the pocono mountains. You CANNOT go to any place in the poconos and not have at least one PASR on the snow.

No one wants to buy a condo/house at boulder because most people on this board live close enough that its not practical. Nothing against your idea, its just not a good one for most of the members here.

While gatherings happen, its not the main goal of the site. We provide very good and very fast and realistic conditions to our community. TRs pop up from almost every mountain almost every day. You want to know whats really happening on the snow in PA, you check here. Thats the main reason I started posting. The cool sense of community and the fun people to meet/ski with was a huge bonus.

PASR is not a trip oriented board. Never has been, never will be. I'm sorry if thats what you were looking for but its not what we offer.

I don't ski. I'm looking for other snowboarders to hit the parks with. I don't focus on residential real estate and I NEVER worked with buyers. I have NEVER met anyone in the park from PASR since the PASR day last year when I rode with Glenn and his brother. Shouldn't a "community orientated ride/ski board" be linking other riders together to hit the park" That hasn't been my experience.

I greatly appreciate the reports I have read on PASR and I owe this site for turning me back on to JFBB since I wrote off the Pononos for Vermont/Out West in 2003

Edited by TT C6

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude it's 2008..We're all riders..The two planker wankers and the knuckledraggers can all shred the gnar together.. :lol:

Beat me to it. I was the only PASR on a board for most of Gaper Day and I still had a blast.

. Shouldn't a "community orientated ride/ski board" be linking other riders together to hit the park" That hasn't been my experience.

Ok, cool whatever. PASR sucks at linking people up. Why don't you try match.com or eharmony.com or you can even PM doug about jdate if you really want. :wub:

TTC6..most PASRs click view new posts..and read all the threads..not just forum by forum to know what's happening at all of the mountains.

Trips like the trip some are taking to Whistler is not for just any random person..it's groups of friends some of whom met on here. Nobody wants a random person rooming with them. But seriously hating on the park at Blue is lame..if you get to the mountain early..or on a weekday..you don't have to deal with bombed out landings..or land to the left or the right..

Just be happy to be able to meet people at the ski areas. Carpooling and house shares are too much to ask for. Atomic Jeff and I are good friends and we took sperate cars 3 hours to Belleayre...why???,,,why not..not everybody likes having a stank ass skier and all their stuff in their car..

Each winter when I go to Jckson Hole, my buddy Tom ns me for about 3 nights and he farts a ton..and doesn't like to wake up early in the morning to get first tracks.

I don't post on any sites unless I have something positive to add or if I feel the need to respond to something that is incorrect or should be in PM.

You might require your ski outings to be a "love fest". I just want people that will split costs and show respect. IF they can shred and challenge me in the park, that's a bonus. I've wanted to choke the shit out of a few lately, but as long as people show mutual respect in person and challenge each other in the park, I could care less about the internet BS. I hate or love a park based on how it's build and maintained. JFBB used to SUCK. Now, I prefer JFBB to Blue. If Blue steps up, I'll give them the props they earn. What's wrong with that? Local shop employees say that Blue has been good early in the day during the week. But, I still think they need to spread stuff out and it wasn't well maintained. Sorry. Why is carpooling and house shares too much to ask? What do you think ski clubs are? Whast do youthink they do on bus trips? I'd make a crack about carpooling with the 2 of you, but I'll honor your cease fire. I always bring ear plugs and cologne on ski trips and used both this weekend. FYI, I do all my unpleasantries at the hotel lobby, lodge, or outside instead of at the rooms.

Ok, cool whatever. PASR sucks at linking people up. Why don't you try match.com or eharmony.com or you can even PM doug about jdate if you really want. :wub:

I'm not looking for a leg to hump, but thanks. I'm looking for people to shred the parks with. If I meet a great girl who can bomb a mountain, that's just a bonus.

My social calendar is just fine though. Thank you for your concern. ;)

By unpleasantries do you mean shitting???

Shitting, busting ass, etc. I think you get the picture. I left the hotel room at Breck everytime every time I needed to over the 8 days we were there. My roomate insisted on bombing our hotel room while leaving the bathroom door open and laughed hysterically the whole time. I'm willing to bet that's something you would do to me.

Edited by TT C6

I don't understand why you were so pissed at the "bombed out crater" at the bottom of the staircase. It's not meant to be ollied. Keep in mind Love Park at BB had bombed out landings with no sweet spot every time I went in there. It's also in the shade so it gets icy a lot....

I don't understand why you were so pissed at the "bombed out crater" at the bottom of the staircase. It's not meant to be ollied. Keep in mind Love Park at BB had bombed out landings with no sweet spot every time I went in there. It's also in the shade so it gets icy a lot....

Not to argue with you, but I have NEVER seen a bombed out landing at BB's Love park. Has anyone else?

Whether it's meant to be or not, It's obvious many people have ollied the staircase at Blue . How do you think the crater got there?

I don't want to turn this into a Blue vs BB thread. I only commented on Blue because it was brought up as a place where PASR's hit the park.

How much farther do you think JFBB is than Blue from northeast Philly? Don't you think it's about the same and JFBB is worth any additional drive?

TP4 please haven't you ever seen the TrueLife special on TV..I've Got a Summer Share at the Jersey Shore..it takes place in Seaside Heights and stars this meathead whose looking for love down da shore..it's pretty High larious.
PLEASE do NOT confuse the NORTH Jersey shore with the SOUTH Jersey shore.

NORTH Jersey shore=NYC & N. Jersey and everything that goes with it.

SOUTH Jersey shore= Philadelphia, flip flops, cargo shorts, drinking with your friends AND multiple generations of your family, no VIP B.S., and a LAID BACK vibe

That doesn't look like the staircase I saw immediately after the last jump at the top of Sidewinder. That staircase doesn't look as steep/big as the one from last week and it had a huge crater at the bottom of it. Your not the only one hovering around 200lbs.

Edited by TT C6

Well I went to the Brewary in Kutztown with my parents..and I had a bacon cheddar burger and curly fries along with an Ale an a wheat beer..then I went back to my parents house and played with the dog. I went to play poker at 9:00PM but there was no Poker tonight. I drank two vodka Cranberrys and now I'm back home..watching The Office..typing..and ready for some SFRB..I'm going to sleep well tonight..

Hahaha..Chippy I didn't know you were a writer..I enjoy writing as well..I'm working on several novels but don't have anything published..writing is definitely a great creative outlet and very clensing..Even my Homegirl Oprah says it's good to keep a journal..

TP4 please haven't you ever seen the TrueLife special on TV..I've Got a Summer Share at the Jersey Shore..it takes place in Seaside Heights and stars this meathead whose looking for love down da shore..it's pretty High larious..

From the Lehigh Valley Exit of the Northeast Extension Blue mountain is about 30 minutes and Big Boulder is 45-50 minutes..

Oh Yeah and here's an obligatory shot of me jumping the steps creating a bombhole with my 200 pound ass...compliments of PASRs own Noxidee..

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/25552...085941270uOwFdQ

Yeah I like to butter around..

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/27182...085941270uOwsiY

Seaside rocks, spent a few summers there working at Kohr's Custard stand and B/Ting at Baby-O's........Oh, Myyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Tru-dat I personally only hang out with people who wear flip flops and cargo shorts..lol..I had to stop being friends with one particular dude because he wore Birkenstocks and Jean shorts..what a dosh..lol..
The difference between north and south jersey shores goes MUCH further than wardrobe. Being italian and having friends from NYC, I didn't want to address the stereotypes you brought up by mentioning that MTV disaster they wrongly named "Jersey Shore". But, It should have been titled a week in the life of NORTH jersey guidos and the gum popping bimbos that "date" them. No guidos where I hang out. Atlantic City is usualy as far south as that gets. By the way, Ocean City is a NO ALCOHOL town and it has ZERO going on. It's a family vacation spot. Edited by TT C6

its still jersey

How ironic you have a pic of "Redman" as your Avatar and you're talking about Jersey. Redman= another product of NORTH Jersey. I hope your not talking shit about my second home of S. Jersey.

Saying all of Jersey is the same is like saying Philadelphia and New York City are identical. Not even close.

Those gum popping bimbos are fine though..I also liked the TrueLife from Staten Island..those girls have such strong accents and call all the dudes "Jerk-Offs"..lol..You'd be surprise but Ocean City has some great underground raves..just slip the guy tossing pizzas at the 9th and Boardwalk Mac N Mancos a $20 and you'll be twirling with some hot pink haired ladies sucking on pacifiers..steezy..just watch out for the cops on mountain bikes..

Dude, we had our own private "club" under the Ocean City boardwalk when we were 14. I know all about OC. But anyone who lived it grew tired of it by 18. Then you do Wildwood, move onto Sea Isle, maybe a little time in Avalon, and hopefully business is well enough you can buy a house in Stone Harbor for the wife and kids. It's a natural progression as you get older from scene to scene. Wildwood is a true blue collar paradise and some people will never leave no matter how much money they make. I love North Wildwood and West Widwood and they both will never go out of style for me. It broke my heart where they tore down Moores Inlet. First place I ever got drunk with three generations of my family. Good times.

Edited by TT C6

Those gum popping bimbos are fine though..I also liked the TrueLife from Staten Island..those girls have such strong accents and call all the dudes "Jerk-Offs"..lol..

You'd be surprise but Ocean City has some great underground raves..just slip the guy tossing pizzas at the 9th and Boardwalk Mac N Mancos a $20 and you'll be twirling with some hot pink haired ladies sucking on pacifiers..steezy..just watch out for the cops on mountain bikes..

and the drapes match the rug......... :o

TT back when this site was 400 members we had an end of season PASR day at Bear Creek. It was an awesome good time in crappy conditions. The Mountain welcomed us and even ran Nastar for us! I think we had about 20 show up.

The following year everyone asked "why can't one be at my hill?" So I bought banners, stickers, and T shirts and hoodies and negotiated group rates and determined where and when the PASR days would happen. I put my foot and my wallet forward, they didn't happen. Why? Numerous reasons IMO. For one, I wanted to take this site to a more commercial level. Get shops and hills more involved, that was not the direction that the founders of this site wanted to go, so I stepped aside.

There simply aren't enough active members to get a group together. People in general that I have talked to are turned off by this site. Certain members took the commaraderie out of our common interest by forming little cliques. Bickering about peoples personal beliefs or name calling and flaming turn people away.... Anyways.......

Maybe that will change this summer.

Hahaha..Chippy I didn't know you were a writer..I enjoy writing as well..I'm working on several novels but don't have anything published..writing is definitely a great creative outlet and very clensing..Even my Homegirl Oprah says it's good to keep a journal..

I keep a journal. Its pink and it has a lock in the shape of a heart...

:wub:

Seaside rocks, spent a few summers there working at Kohr's Custard stand and B/Ting at Baby-O's........Oh, Myyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

wow mo, maybe our paths crossed in another life - i lived in toms river from 79-87, although i spent more time in the swine cellar i used to hit baby o's and the bamboo once in awhile with my girfriends brother...fun times

wow mo, maybe our paths crossed in another life - i lived in toms river from 79-87, although i spent more time in the swine cellar i used to hit baby o's and the bamboo once in awhile with my girfriends brother...fun times

My grandparents lived in Tom's River, off of Bay Avenue along the lagoons. I used to hit the Wine Cellar as well, Saw Mill for cheap beer, and I'd have to strain my Brain to recall the names of some other drinking holes. Still have a coupla Grog's Surf shop Tees, but are super beat up. Just the way I like em. Kohr's gave us free apartments to live in above the custard stands, so I'd go to grandma's to do laundry and yardwork and get a real meal occasionally. Fun times, foggy memories.