Mt Snow 3/23 and Stratton US Open 3/22. We prefer Mt.Snow& won't wait in US Open lift lines again

TT C6

1) I HATE the beach. Sand sucks. Salt water sucks. The only good thing is lots of girls compared to the Poconos.

2) I have a pocono house, why would I rent out a shore house?

3) I work all summer and only have the weekends off, which I normally have baseball anyway.

Uhhhh...noone asked you to get into a shore house. Mine has been filled since October. :) Apparently EVERYONE I meet likes the beach.I've heard there are a "few" girls down there too and I think you just answered your own question :lol: If your FAMILY owns a Pocono house, then you have NOTHING to do with the ski house conversation discussion. Unless, your family is willing to rent rooms or "shares".Baseball sounds fun and I hope you have a good season. I'll be on the beach and at the shore bars on my summer weekends. It's safe to say that this summer should just be "OK". :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the age groups on this site are one of the reasons you are not finding people to rent a place for the season with. I am assuming you are 24-29 years old? Most people on here are younger than 24 and can't afford a winter place or are older than 29 and would prefer and can afford to buy a place of their own or rent a place by themselves. I rented a place for 4 seasons when I was in my late 20's and it was a good deal when we had a group of 10 or more people. I think it was $475 per person from Dec. 1st to April 1st, all utilities included.

Great point, Poc. I didn't get a house this year after we lost a roommate last year. As you get older, "shacking" up with semi-strangers, chasing money for bills, and a host of other awkward moments like sharing food, shit goes missing, "borrowing" gear, constant "guests", etc.turns me off at 47. If yer a kid, its different. Personally, I need to know a lot more about someone before I sign a lease for 3-4 months. More than just tipping a few beers and skiing for a day together.

I think the age groups on this site are one of the reasons you are not finding people to rent a place for the season with. I am assuming you are 24-29 years old? Most people on here are younger than 24 and can't afford a winter place or are older than 29 and would prefer and can afford to buy a place of their own or rent a place by themselves. I rented a place for 4 seasons when I was in my late 20's and it was a good deal when we had a group of 10 or more people. I think it was $475 per person from Dec. 1st to April 1st, all utilities included.

That is EXACTLY what I've been trying to do since I found this site.Why hasn't PASR put together a group rental house yet??? As I recall, you yourself wanted me to find you a house and take a $300 commission. Why didn't we put together a house back then?? It pays for itself after 1 week of skiing. I think even an 18 year old kid can put together $475 for a ski house. Kids spend more than that on ONE Vermont trip. Day trips made more sense when gas was .89 cents. But now, I'd rather spend that money on a place so I can sleep rather than drive for those 4 hours between ski days. I work in real estate and real estate development. But, I still have ZERO interest in a Pocono purchase. It's just a place to sleep between days on the mountain.

If we can't do a mountain house, I can't understand why PASR's aren't at least meeting at Route 476 and carpooling up. This way you save on gas/tolls ans you are guaranteed people to ride with.

Edited by TT C6

Uhhhh...noone asked you to get into a shore house. Mine has been filled since October. :) Apparently EVERYONE I meet likes the beach.I've heard there are a "few" girls down there too and I think you just answered your own question :lol: If your FAMILY owns a Pocono house, then you have NOTHING to do with the ski house conversation discussion. Unless, your family is willing to rent rooms or "shares".Baseball sounds fun and I hope you have a good season. I'll be on the beach and at the shore bars on my summer weekends. It's safe to say that this summer should just be "OK". :D

I never said I wanted to get a shore house with you. You said you don't see why people don't do it, and I gave you three reasons. And my rents will NEVER rent out their home. It is WAY to nice to have random people spending time in it when they aren't there.

You are from the same area as me so I can't understand how you haven't heard about or done a shore house the same way.

Says so right there that you never asked me.

That is EXACTLY what I've been trying to do since I found this site.Why hasn't PASR put together a group rental house yet??? As I recall, you yourself wanted me to find you a house and take a $300 commission. Why didn't we put together a house back then?? It pays for itself after 1 week of skiing. I think even an 18 year old kid can put together $475 for a ski house. Kids spend more than that on ONE Vermont trip. I work in real estate and real estate development. But, I still have ZERO interest in a Pocono purchase. It's just a place to sleep between days on the mountain.

I think I offered you a $300 commission if you coud find me a place for the entire season for 3K. To date the best deal I could find was 5K from 12/1-4/1 plus utilities (2K). I told you back then I'd make a bad housemate since I have a wife, 2 kids, nanny and 200lb. dog. Are you a realtor in the city?

I never said I wanted to get a shore house with you. You said you don't see why people don't do it, and I gave you three reasons. And my rents will NEVER rent out their home. It is WAY to nice to have random people spending time in it when they aren't there.

I don't blame your folks for not renting their house if they don't want the income. But, people do group rentals with "nice" homes all the time. My friends and I do groups rentals of milliion dollar houses on the water in Avalon for the season every year. :yes

Edited by TT C6

If we can't do a mountain house, I can't understand why PASR's aren't at least meeting at Route 476 and carpooling up. This way you save on gas/tolls ans you are guaranteed people to ride with.

I dont pay for gas. Company car = company gas. Also it is a GTI. So when I put the back seats down and have my skis and brothers snowboard and him in my car, there is no room.

So today is my first game for coaching. I'm thinking about getting tossed and setting the tone for the rest of the year.

I don't blame your folks for not renting their house if they don't want the income. But, people do group rentals with "nice" homes all the time. My friends and I do groups rentals of milliion dollar houses on the water in Avalon for the season every year. :yes

90% of the homes down here are rental properties...all worth 500k-3million.

Just cause other people trust you with million dollar homes, doesn't mean my rents will trust people with their million dollar home. We also like to have the freedom to go up whenever we would like and not on select weekends when it isn't rented since it is our house.

I think I offered you a $300 commission if you coud find me a place for the entire season for 3K. To date the best deal I could find was 5K from 12/1-4/1 plus utilities (2K). I told you back then I'd make a bad housemate since I have a wife, 2 kids, nanny and 200lb. dog. Are you a realtor in the city?

If you left the animal at home with someone, you family sounds like perfect shareholders. Allergies of other shareholders need to be considered. All you need is someone who pays their way and respects the house and the other shareholders. Thanks for your generous offer, but I don't do rentals. :P Although, I have done free "legwork" for friends and had commission owed credited to the deal though. Besides, I don't do much residential anymore.

Edited by TT C6

It would be super if everyone could stop arguing. It's not like anyone is going to "win" this discussion.

From what I can glean, we've only established that (1) some people like house shares, and some people do not; (2) some people rent their vacation homes, and some people do not; and (3) some people will room with strangers, and some people will not. What can we conclude from these? People have different preferences.

The rest of this appears to be one upmanship, "you're wrong," "I've got something to prove," and bragging. To me, these kind of posts detract from some of the great posts on here. Additionally, I find these posts polarizing and unwelcoming.

It would be nice if we could all practice some self-restraint instead of arguing til blue in the face. My two cents.

I thought your rental was in Sea Isle City..lol...Atomic Jeffs parents have a gazillion dollar beachfront house in Stone Harbor..maybe they can rent it out..lol

LOL! The troll returns. Look at a map before you start running off at the mouth again. Stone Harbor is a beautiful place to spend the summer................

with your Mommy and Daddy.

I haven't the time or the interest to give you an education on the Jersey shore or to let you know what you have been missing your whole life. I started lifeguarding for the summers in Avalon when I was 18 and let's just say I could die tomorrow and be happy. But, at least once this summer I will think of you and laugh because while your pushing grave stones in Allentown, thousands will be having the time of their lives down the shore. How much for a gravestone that reads "GSS"? Might be worth the purchase just to see the look on your face. :lol::D

Edited by TT C6

It would be super if everyone could stop arguing. It's not like anyone is going to "win" this discussion.

From what I can glean, we've only established that (1) some people like house shares, and some people do not; (2) some people rent their vacation homes, and some people do not; and (3) some people will room with strangers, and some people will not. What can we conclude from these? People have different preferences.

The rest of this appears to be one upmanship, "you're wrong," "I've got something to prove," and bragging. To me, these kind of posts detract from some of the great posts on here. Additionally, I find these posts polarizing and unwelcoming.

It would be nice if we could all practice some self-restraint instead of arguing til blue in the face. My two cents.

Ahhhhh........the voice of reason.

Well said.

I should practice more self restraint here, but I just don't seem to care anymore.

2 seasons of activity on this forum with ZERO PASR park gatherings, trips, or group rentals has me pissed off that I spent so much time on here looking.

Especially, now that I found another site that in less than a month has done 3 pocono trips, 2 VT trips, and is already planning a CO trip and 08/09 season rental.

I admit that I have only met 2 people that are aggressive park riders over there.

So, finding other park riders is the probably the only reason I'll stay active here.

Edited by TT C6

so for some reason i just read the past 3 pages. and all i really got out of it was that tt c6 has toned down the poetry and upped the deuchebaggery. chill out for a while, smoke a bone man. im sure some people, maybe not all would be willing to let all this nonsense go if you started being respectful and kept the personal shit out of it.

Edited by Dan S

so for some reason i just read the past 3 pages. and all i really got out of it was that tt c6 has toned down the poetry and upped the deuchebaggery. chill out for a while, smoke a bone man. im sure some people, maybe not all would be willing to let all this nonsense go if you started being respectful and kept the personal shit out of it.

Dan-Who started ALL of this bullshit? Was it me? I can't believe some people continue to stalk me after being exposed for what they are. This could have been settled a long time ago by ending the stalking or by meeting up. Douche bag, huh? I'll take that one on the chin because you never started shit before. I've always been willing to let things go and just ride. Who is the ones who keep stalking and starting shit again while never showing up on a mountain in person?

Edited by TT C6

I'm still confused by the first post , I thought everyone knew that Mt Snow is better than Flatton, even with its McVillage?!?!?

I agree. But, the US Open is the biggest event in snowboarding and great reason to go to Stratton. I've had some good times at Stratton in the small and medium parks and carving some of their longer runs. If I do the US Open again, I will stay and ride Mt. Snow and then run over to Stratton for the finals and nightlife.

Seriously though his presentation sucks but a group summit should be something we do. I've done the EC mini with TGR and its good fun. Basically pick a day and a mountain at the end of the year and set up a little area to booze and schmooze. What seperates good boards and shitty boards is community.

Seriously though his presentation sucks but a group summit should be something we do. I've done the EC mini with TGR and its good fun. Basically pick a day and a mountain at the end of the year and set up a little area to booze and schmooze. What seperates good boards and shitty boards is community.

Check my post history from the beginning and see when my "presentation" got ugly. :nono Boozing and schmoozing is great......after a season of park jams and trips. Since I haven't seen any of both, what does PASR have to celebrate? Trail reports and internet feuds? Sorry, a drunken day with shitty conditions at Blue isn't what I came here to find. I admit it would have been fun to close an ACTIVE season like that. But, I have tons of people to booze an schmooze with year round.

When are some PASR people going to put some park days and trips together?

Edited by TT C6

When are some PASR people going to put some park days and trips together?

it always happens, not to mention its the end of the season so it probably wont be happening much now. if you read half of the forums you will be able to see when people are going where. 2 years ago a bunch of us went to Whistler. last year it was Park City/Canyons and another late trip to Whistler. Most likely, Whistler again this year. not to mention we pretty much meet up every day possible to ride park around here.

Ok TT C6 we get it. You came here to make a post, have a bunch of people jump on it, and go skiing with them. You also came here to make a post, have a bunch of people jump on it, and buy a house. Neither of them worked and they will continue to not work. Drop it. PASR skis together all the time. We don't have big festivals and hooplah but we're the hardcore skiers/riders at all the pocono mountains. You CANNOT go to any place in the poconos and not have at least one PASR on the snow.

No one wants to buy a condo/house at boulder because most people on this board live close enough that its not practical. Nothing against your idea, its just not a good one for most of the members here.

While gatherings happen, its not the main goal of the site. We provide very good and very fast and realistic conditions to our community. TRs pop up from almost every mountain almost every day. You want to know whats really happening on the snow in PA, you check here. Thats the main reason I started posting. The cool sense of community and the fun people to meet/ski with was a huge bonus.

Long story short.

PASR is not a trip oriented board. Never has been, never will be. I'm sorry if thats what you were looking for but its not what we offer.

Ok TT C6 we get it. You came here to make a post, have a bunch of people jump on it, and go skiing with them. You also came here to make a post, have a bunch of people jump on it, and buy a house. Neither of them worked and they will continue to not work. Drop it. PASR skis together all the time. We don't have big festivals and hooplah but we're the hardcore skiers/riders at all the pocono mountains. You CANNOT go to any place in the poconos and not have at least one PASR on the snow.

No one wants to buy a condo/house at boulder because most people on this board live close enough that its not practical. Nothing against your idea, its just not a good one for most of the members here.

While gatherings happen, its not the main goal of the site. We provide very good and very fast and realistic conditions to our community. TRs pop up from almost every mountain almost every day. You want to know whats really happening on the snow in PA, you check here. Thats the main reason I started posting. The cool sense of community and the fun people to meet/ski with was a huge bonus.

Long story short.

PASR is not a trip oriented board. Never has been, never will be. I'm sorry if thats what you were looking for but its not what we offer.

well said.

it always happens, not to mention its the end of the season so it probably wont be happening much now. if you read half of the forums you will be able to see when people are going where. 2 years ago a bunch of us went to Whistler. last year it was Park City/Canyons and another late trip to Whistler. Most likely, Whistler again this year. not to mention we pretty much meet up every day possible to ride park around here.

When & Where is everyone getting together to hit the parks at Big Boulder now that Blue is closed ????

If you are talking about riding Blue every day, I have not been keeping an eye on the Blue forum. I only go into the JFBB, Park, and Other Mountain forums with an occasional stop in the Lounge. Blue became my home mountain at one point, put I gave up on Blue because of the bombed out landings that always busted my ass. I rode Blue recently and found the jump line was too cramped for me and the bomb crater that meets you after ollieing the staircase after the 5th jump reminded me why I gave up on Blue.If I lived close to Blue I would LOVE it and the vertical is nice. But. I'd rather drive to JFBB or Vermont for the consistent park conditions. I must have missed the thread when people were putting together a PASR trip to Whistler. Whistler and Mammoth are the 2 places I want to check out. But, I'm satisfied with a house at JFBB and a few Mt. Snow trips next year. Is anyone interested in the same?

Edited by TT C6