Mt Snow 3/23 and Stratton US Open 3/22. We prefer Mt.Snow& won't wait in US Open lift lines again

TT C6

I just got back from a group trip to Stratton for the 2008 US Open.

The competitions were awesome and the Big Air contest on Saturday was INSANE. (95ft+ jumps)

Unfortunately, the lift lines at Stratton were longer than I am used to because of the US Open. (duh)

They were even longer than they have been in previous years.

So, if I go back to the US Open I will either just watch the comps and skip riding all together;

or I will ride Mt Snow during the day and then run over to Stratton for the finals.

Not wanting to deal with the lines or give up a day of riding,

our group decided to do Mt. Snow on Sunday.

This trip reminded me of what I already knew from past years.

I LOVE Mt. Snow. :wub:

I even prefer it over Stratton.

Strangely, everyone in my group felt the same way.

Don't get me wrong,

I love Stratton's terrain parks, their European-style village, and their US Open is the biggest event is snowboarding. (26 years and running)

I think both Stratton and Snow are excellent mountains and I would love to spend time at either.

But, I prefer the parks at Mt Snow and the NOTHING compares to Snow's Grand Summit Hotel and Spa.

I'm not a journalist and I'm not good at trail reports,

so I will leave that to those that are better qualified.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A simple "thank you" from you for sharing the telecast link with the forum would have been sufficient.

Does GSS thank you for your services? :bj

You know where I'll be. :D

did i ask you to be a smartass? i was wondering if you are going to be at Stowe, because thats where i think Doug is going over the next two weekends. and you wonder why i don't give you your 'simple thank you'...

did i ask you to be a smartass? i was wondering if you are going to be at Stowe, because thats where i think Doug is going over the next two weekends. and you wonder why i don't give you your 'simple thank you'...

Don't act all innocent now.

GSS stalks me and starts shit.

Then you follow on his heels and try to pile on.

I'm sick of the 2 of you and could care less who I piss off at this point.

Anyone who actually reads the post history of you 2 will see you for what you are and that I don't start this shit.

I've had people to hit the park with for the last few weeks and just got back from a great trip.

I'm watching the telecast now to see if I can find my crew in the crowds.

What did you 2 do this weekend.

Oh, I already know. :sex:bj

Edited by TT C6

ah yes, you caught me being innocent again.

another mature response including those gay emoticons. you may be 'sick of us', but everybody here is sick of YOU. you continue to post here and nobody responds to you seriously because all you do is hate on people who make this site and skiing what it is.

nobody is going to ride with you from here, nobody is going to rent a house at boulder with you, nobody is going to go to vt with you... because you threaten to beat the shit out of people if they drive slow in front of you.

i've said it once before and i'll say it again; you need to grow up and people who are younger than you shouldn't be the ones telling you to grow up. i asked you a if you would be at Stowe and you took it as an insult or something. not every response that you get is an insult to you and requires the response of " :sex "

ah yes, you caught me being innocent again.

another mature response including those gay emoticons. you may be 'sick of us', but everybody here is sick of YOU. you continue to post here and nobody responds to you seriously because all you do is hate on people who make this site and skiing what it is.

nobody is going to ride with you from here, nobody is going to rent a house at boulder with you, nobody is going to go to vt with you... because you threaten to beat the shit out of people if they drive slow in front of you.

i've said it once before and i'll say it again; you need to grow up and people who are younger than you shouldn't be the ones telling you to grow up. i asked you a if you would be at Stowe and you took it as an insult or something. not every response that you get is an insult to you and requires the response of " :sex "

I judge you and GSS based on your post history.

So, if I jump on your case,

it's YOUR fault.

I found another site about 2 weeks ago.

I've already rode the poconos with 3 different groups of them and done a US Open Trip.

No internet attitudes, no drama. Just a lot of good riding and some fun with new people.

I tried to put together a PASR US Open trip LAST year and I've been trying to put together a group season rental for 2 years and I have gotten ZERO PASR support..

This was ALL BEFORE a few of you started busting my balls.

I've found the other site less than a month ago and we're already setting up a a 08/09 group house AND a trip out west.

What does that say about you, your PASR "buddies", and the community here ??????

Edited by TT C6

What does that say about you, your friends, and the community here ??????

it says that we don't have an interest in riding with you, sorry. the majority of the community here is great and we meet up with each other all the time (note Doug's post about who we have all rode with this year). we have gone on plenty of trips with other people from the site to places like Whistler, Jackson, PC/Canyons, VT, and local hills. i'm sorry you don't see that and you continue to bash this site and its members for what they have to offer.

it says that we don't have an interest in riding with you, sorry. the majority of the community here is great and we meet up with each other all the time (note Doug's post about who we have all rode with this year). we have gone on plenty of trips with other people from the site to places like Whistler, Jackson, PC/Canyons, VT, and local hills. i'm sorry you don't see that and you continue to bash this site and its members for what they have to offer.

Point taken.

But, I got ZERO response from anyone about setting up trips or group rentals BEFORE a few of you started busting my balls.

How do you explain that ??????

I like this site, I like the owner, and I had a good experience riding with a few of the members.

But, that was over a year ago.

I've gotten either silence or attitude since then.

Getting drunk with Doug at Blue on Gaper Day is not what I came to PASR for; so no loss there.

I was there with a friend and looked to say "Hi".

I couldn't wait to leave for Vermont.

By the way, if you're not fun to ride with or able to challenge me in the park,

I don't want to ride with you either.

If you are and you can,

you all know where I am every weekend.

Come say Hi.

Maybe we're all such a$$holes in person.

One way to find out.

Here:

http://www.go211.com/burton/usopen/#burton

Why don't you go watch the telecast for the US Open; you might enjoy it.

I am trying to; and typing this is keeping me from maximizing the internet feed.

Edited by TT C6

Hahaha..sorry I'll be going to Stowe..a real VT mountain..and then Belleayre. But maybe I rent a room at the PASR house at Big Boulder..lmfao :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Only because you're cute.. :wub:

When my knees are shot,

I sincerely look forward to enjoying carving powder at those mountains.

Until then, I'll keep hitting the booters in the park

A REAL mountain, eh? :rolleyes:

For all the shit you talk,

I'd like to see you throw down in a REAL park.

Why don't you come see how cute I really am?

I'm dying to meet you. ;)

Point taken.

But, I got ZERO response from anyone about setting up trips or group rentals BEFORE a few of you started busting my balls.

How do you explain that ??????

All that says is that no one wanted to go on a trip with a complete stranger who they have never met in person. It also says that no one wants to rent a house all winter because most of the people here just do day trips.

I'm not a park skier..although I hit the first four booters at Blue..all straight airs..lol..I consider myself an all mountain skier. I'm at home on the steeps of Jackson Hole or in the woods/bumps at Stowe.

But anyway I thought I was 100% straight until I saw the picture of you on your motor-scooter..and now I think I'm in love..I like your bad boy image.. :wub:

Yeah.

Those 4 jumps on Sidewinder are cute.

I noticed you aren't clearing the last one though.

I cleared it with ease and really enjoyed the bombed out crater you find at the bottom of the staircase when you ollie it. :yes

Funny, you have more days in a 1/2 season than I have had in my lifetime and your not clearing everything at your home mountain.

You are all mouth and no substance;

thats' why you turn to jokes when I offer to meet up with you.

By the way, my "motorscooter" is arguably the fastest production bike ever made.

This is what happened to a "seasoned" rider when he tried to twist the throttle on my bike. :rolleyes:

I would PAY to see you try to ride my bike without killing yourself,

let along drag a knee at near triple digit speeds or stand it up at 90mph.

That's what I do for kicks when the terrain park melts. :yes

Edited by TT C6

TTC6..I'm not a park skier..I like to get air but I prefer speed, carving, bumps, and all mountain skiing. How are you when it comes to moguls? As for your moped..I don't have a deathwish..so I don't have any interest in riding a motorcycle...although I'd like to have a Segway because those look sa weet.

I'm not surprised by your response.

There are natural jumps all over every mountain,

so if your not clearing the biggest jump on little ole' Blue,

your not half as good of a "all mountain" skier as you would like to believe.

Stop stalking me on PASR and show up where I am to back up the HUGE mouth of yours.

Death wish?

Maybe.

But, I'm not a coward and the rush is worth the risk.

Edited by TT C6

All that says is that no one wanted to go on a trip with a complete stranger who they have never met in person. It also says that no one wants to rent a house all winter because most of the people here just do day trips.

I hear ya.

That's why I try to do a day trip with somone before I commit to a weekend trip, just like I did with the people I went on the US Open trip this weekend.

But, if you do a bus trip with a ski club it's pretty common that you are going to room with a stranger.

I also understand about doing day trips and skipping a season rental.

But, I like having the option to get a few hours sleep mid day between 1st chair and night sessions without having to pack up the hotel room in the morning or pay for an additional night.

I also like having a place to hang out with other committed skiers/riders and having a place to entertain people. (girlfriend, people from the mountain, friends from home)

I hate not being able to breath after a night of inhaling smoke at Shenaningans.

Did I mention itcosts me $60 in gas and tolls everytime I travel to the poconos ???

I would have never met my ex-GF if I didn't have a house to nap at.

I would have driven back to Philly instead of nappping and going back to BB for the midnight madness park session where I met her. :)

Edited by TT C6

blah blah blah

Why should anyone care ? How about you post some pictures or at least attempt a real TR, instead every one of your posts is the virtual realization of the cool aid dude busting through the front door of my house while waving his unit around screaming "look! everyone look at my penis! I have a big problem with people calling sprinkles jimmies but that isn't really interesting to anyone on this board therefore I don't post about it.

Every truly next level rider I have ever met or have had the privilege of calling a friend almost never talk about how gnar they ride. Instead it's the self righteous Larry's that always feel the need to challenge people and spout off about their sick air on that mega booter. I don't know you or really care to but your constant bs to generally good people gets old fast.

Why should anyone care ? How about you post some pictures or at least attempt a real TR, instead every one of your posts is the virtual realization of the cool aid dude busting through the front door of my house while waving his unit around screaming "look! everyone look at my penis! I have a big problem with people calling sprinkles jimmies but that isn't really interesting to anyone on this board therefore I don't post about it.

Every truly next level rider I have ever met or have had the privilege of calling a friend almost never talk about how gnar they ride. Instead it's the self righteous Larry's that always feel the need to challenge people and spout off about their sick air on that mega booter. I don't know you or really care to but your constant bs to generally good people gets old fast.

Did you actually READ the post histories ???My posts were always about meeting up to ride, setting up VT trips, or putting together a group rental of a seasonal ski house. I never got defensive or combative until my PM's about meeting up to ride were ignored and GSS & crew started busting my balls.At least 3 generations of people have been doing groups rentals at the NJ shore and I grew up doing the same.I didn't invent the concept. EVERYBODY likes the beach and the shore bars so putting together my Sea Isle house this year was EASY. Unfortunately very few people I know like to ski and none like to hit the parks. I'm not a journalist or a photographer, that's why I posted links to the US open coverage. I'm sorry I don't give the best trail reports.I'll leave that to those that are better at describing conditions than me.I've admitted this in posts. I never said I was "gnar". As a matter of fact, I know I'm an intermediate and have noe "steeze".But, I think it's funny that I'm clearing jumps the ALMIGHTY GSS isn't and he is the one CONSTANTLY running his MOUTH on here. For the record, I'm the one who tries to end the internet blabber and tries to take it to the mountain.To the "poet" haters: Do you really find the above post easier to read than all my others????

Wait so you'll ride a motorcycle 100mph but you won't hit the Big Booters in Boulder Park??? Clearing the biggest jump at little ole Blue means nothing when it comes to all mountain skiing. There aren't many 40 foot booters in the Hobacks and chutes of Jackson Hole..lol..skiing a steep technical line takes alot more skill than hitting two jumps in Love Park at Big Boulder.

As per my surgeon I'm not even supposed to be on the mountain with the plate and screw I will have for life.I rationalize getting back on the mountain by telling myself I'll limit how big I go.I don't want to think about what will happen if I case the 4h jump on Bolder Park. You START to ride my bike at 100 and it's the difference of an open or closed casket at that point. :lol:

Edited by TT C6

Did you actually READ the post histories ???My posts were always about meeting up to ride, setting up VT trips, or putting together a group rental of a seasonal ski house. I never got defensive or combative until my PM's about meeting up to ride were ignored and GSS & crew started busting my balls.At least 3 generations of people have been doing groups rentals at the NJ shore and I grew up doing the same.I didn't invent the concept. EVERYBODY likes the beach and the shore bars so putting together my Sea Isle house this year was EASY. Unfortunately very few people I know like to ski and none like to hit the parks. I'm not a journalist or a photographer, that's why I posted links to the US open coverage. I'm sorry I don't give the best trail reports.I'll leave that to those that are better at describing conditions than me.I've admitted this in posts. I never said I was "gnar". As a matter of fact, I know I'm an intermediate and have noe "steeze".But, I think it's funny that I'm clearing jumps the ALMIGHTY GSS isn't and he is the one CONSTANTLY running his MOUTH on here. For the record, I'm the one who tries to end the internet blabber and tries to take it to the mountain.To the "poet" haters: Do you really find the above post easier to read than all my others????

Setting up a group rental with friends is one thing, but with people you don't see often or have never met is a completely different thing. Like this summer I have set up a week down in Myrtle Beach with my friends. I'm not gonna go on a MB and say "who wants to come to myrtle beach with me for a week?" There is a big difference.

And yes it is easier to read. And no one said you couldn't make separate paragraphs.

But it looks silly

When you type

Everything like this.

Haha..you keep talking about your ex-GF..good thing she came to her senses
Yep. I relocated to another part of the country after school and she wasn't willing to leave home. You think teasing people you don't know about their personal lives from behind the internet is funny or brave ??? You have no class. Your mouth is going to get you in over your head some day when you are running it without the protection of the internet. I'm actually beginning to feel bad for you.

Setting up a group rental with friends is one thing, but with people you don't see often or have never met is a completely different thing. Like this summer I have set up a week down in Myrtle Beach with my friends. I'm not gonna go on a MB and say "who wants to come to myrtle beach with me for a week?" There is a big difference

You are from the same area as me so I can't understand how you haven't heard about or done a shore house the same way. Usually, you know a few people in your shore house and the rest you sell shares to through advertisements or word of mouth. THOUSANDS of people have been doing it every summer since out parents were kids. Regardless, I'm beginning to think that this site is an excellent source for mountain info and trail reports, and that's it. I'm not seeing any trips or rentals being planned or offered and no park people are setting up days to ride together.

Edited by TT C6

You are from the same area as me so I can't understand how you haven't heard about or done a shore house the same way. Usually, you know a few people in your shore house and the rest you sell shares to through advertisements or word of mouth. THOUSANDS of people have been doing it every summer since out parents were kids. Regardless, I'm beginning to think that this site is an excellent source for mountain info and trail reports, and that's it. I'm not seeing any trips or rentals being planned or offered and no park people are setting up days to ride together.

1) I HATE the beach. Sand sucks. Salt water sucks. The only good thing is lots of girls compared to the Poconos.

2) I have a pocono house, why would I rent out a shore house?

3) I work all summer and only have the weekends off, which I normally have baseball anyway.

I think the age groups on this site are one of the reasons you are not finding people to rent a place for the season with. I am assuming you are 24-29 years old? Most people on here are younger than 24 and can't afford a winter place or are older than 29 and would prefer and can afford to buy a place of their own or rent a place by themselves. I rented a place for 4 seasons when I was in my late 20's and it was a good deal when we had a group of 10 or more people. I think it was $475 per person from Dec. 1st to April 1st, all utilities included.