Used gear at CB

stever2003

Camelback is selling their used gear. My friend and I are interested in picking up snowboards...they're $25 without bindings. We figure for $25, even if it's not a spectacular board it's not like we broke the bank for a POS board.

If I get this board and buy bindings for it later, can I transfer those bindings over to another board if I purchase a better one in a year or two?

If anyone's interested they have ski packages for $50 (youth sized skis) and $75 (regular sized skis) with bindings and boots.

The board will be total garbage. It will be noodly, but not that much fun. No pop, worn edges, probably no base.

For $25 bucks though, like you said you can't really expect or complain too much. I guess if you wanted to learn to ride, it would be a good way to see if it's for you, then buy some real equipment.

We had a thread about the used RENTAL gear last season---or the season before. They really should just give the stuff away...and I assume the bindings were pulled off these boards because they were broken and that's generally not a good sign of how the board has been treated by its renters.

well, Stever I don't know if you should buy it but thanks for the link. I just emailed it to all my friens who have kids that are casual skiers.

POC should get some for his daughter. A kids setup for $50. If you use it twice it paid for itself.

We had a thread about the used RENTAL gear last season---or the season before. They really should just give the stuff away...and I assume the bindings were pulled off these boards because they were broken and that's generally not a good sign of how the board has been treated by its renters.

As far as the $75 ski package goes, do you think it would have some value for someone just learning to ski or would it be a total waste?

As far as the $75 ski package goes, do you think it would have some value for someone just learning to ski or would it be a total waste?

I buy gear on eBay all the time, Rat...stores are just dumping GOOD gear on eBay right now. I just picked up a $750 pair of new Lange World Cup race boots for $95. Ty has new skis/bindings for the next two seasons and both sets of Atomics were each under $100.

Doug's right about used rental gear---it'll turn newbies off to the sport.

Sure because novice skiers aren't sensitive to things like noodly skis..worn edges..and packed out boots..lol..

Beginner gear is noodly an edge can be resharpened, but obviously only so many times. The boots aren't part of the deal. I would imagine they want to keep the bindings because decent bindings can easily out last a board, not because the bindings are broken.

well, Stever I don't know if you should buy it but thanks for the link. I just emailed it to all my friens who have kids that are casual skiers.

POC should get some for his daughter. A kids setup for $50. If you use it twice it paid for itself.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to get on Ebay and get a pair, I've seen new skis for less than $100.

i understand the base an the edges...what do you mean by noodly?

also, nobody answered this question: if i buy bindings for this board, will i be able to transfer them to another board in a year or two?

Edited by stever2003

i understand the base an the edges...what do you mean by noodly?

also, nobody answered this question: if i buy bindings for this board, will i be able to transfer them to another board in a year or two?

Noodly meaning very soft. It's going to be super squirly when you get it to higher speeds. Noodly skis chatter, boards you just have to make up for the dampness with your legs. Park boards are made similarly but they have different flex patterns and will have lots more pop. If you are new to riding, then the board is fine. If you want a flexy board for park, it won't be nearly as fun as a real park board.

Sorry I didn't see you other question before. Based on this question I think you only ski, and this will be your first time snowboarding. With that in mind this is a great deal. Anyways...

Yes all snowboard bindings are trasferable. You just screw the supplied screws into the inserts provided. Also, you will have any number of options on how to setup your stance, and it can easily change. Much better than that system the skis use where you destroy your skis by changing your mind how you want things setup.

It's throw away gear. Use it then throw it away (or save it for 50 years and hang it on the wall) hahahaha.. I have bought close out stuff at shops as an impulse buy for urban and backyard jibs or extra sets for the occaisional visitor. Don't buy this stuff with any more intent to use it a time or two.

It's throw away gear. Use it then throw it away (or save it for 50 years and hang it on the wall) hahahaha.. I have bought close out stuff at shops as an impulse buy for urban and backyard jibs or extra sets for the occaisional visitor. Don't buy this stuff with any more intent to use it a time or two.

Yes.