Jib Stick Jungle Rail Jam @ Camelback

Ashleigh S

The Jib Stick Jungle Rail Jam has been relocated to the bottom of Cliffhanger/next to the Stevenson loading area. The event will be held rain or shine. The age categories will be as follows:

Age 12 & under

Age 13-17

Age 18+

Categories will be divided into male/female and ski/snowboard

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Soooooooooo, anybody else there today? and Camelback....where's the rest of the $10,000 in prizes?

seriously. if they think that event was a success in any way, they've got to be kidding themselves. every time we asked what the formats were going to be, or what was being judged, we got cryptic answers. i still don't know whether finals was based on best trick, or putting together an entire run, since we were told the format for finals was 'best trick but land your whole run,' whatever that means. the rails used were straight dangerous, and they used hula grass to try and cover the fact that they didnt have skirting under them in some spots, and the lips onto rails might have actually been sloping downhill with negative kick to them. prizes for the podium were pretty subpar as well. there's no way there was 10 g's worth of legitimate prizes for this thing. subaru hats and pepsi one t shirts do not count. besides that, it was a really nice day, great weather, free energy drinks, and a good crew of kids to hang out with. props to camelback for putting this thing on, but if you're going to advertise that you have over 10 g's worth of prizes, then have real prizes, and make your rails safer, get some skirting under those things.

seriously. if they think that event was a success in any way, they've got to be kidding themselves. every time we asked what the formats were going to be, or what was being judged, we got cryptic answers. i still don't know whether finals was based on best trick, or putting together an entire run, since we were told the format for finals was 'best trick but land your whole run,' whatever that means. the rails used were straight dangerous, and they used hula grass to try and cover the fact that they didnt have skirting under them in some spots, and the lips onto rails might have actually been sloping downhill with negative kick to them. prizes for the podium were pretty subpar as well. there's no way there was 10 g's worth of legitimate prizes for this thing. subaru hats and pepsi one t shirts do not count. besides that, it was a really nice day, great weather, free energy drinks, and a good crew of kids to hang out with. props to camelback for putting this thing on, but if you're going to advertise that you have over 10 g's worth of prizes, then have real prizes, and make your rails safer, get some skirting under those things.
Sounds like a day film/shooting at boulder would have been a lot better. The last jump was legit all day, until they made the lip super poppy and I exploded on the landing because their landings are not long enough. Not very fun lol.

i didnt attend last year but from what i rode this year i wasn't impressed. Well, it was a fun setup but the lips could have been a lot better. I wasn't really pleased with the answers I was given when I asked questions either. They seemed very blunt and mad that I was asking questions. They just weren't to clear about anything..very confusing. The lips need to have been better as they caused issues for a lot of the riders. Mainly the downhill lips..your supposed to be popped up to a rail?.. the only major complaint i have is that i asked the park crew to fix the lip and they didnt seem very hard working to listen to the riders interest. other than that a great time and vibe!

hahaha..yeah they both tried to dry-hump me at Blue.. :o

i think both were just ok.

last years...the down rail was really fun, set up pretty well. the other features were OK, nothing great with decent at best lips on to them. The format if i remember correctly was best run on two features, and was "jam" format even though they told us when to go.

this years. all the features were OK. Left lane: down rail was decent for the most part, the f/d/f had a pretty low lip on to it...i'm sure kristie could tell you all about it. the right lane: i don't know why a flat, to flat, to down box setup would be put in a rail jam, that was kind of weird but somehow some sick tricks went down on it. the cbow box, in my opinion i hated it. i don't really like c boxes to begin with, let alone ride on banked the wrong way c boxes. The format this year was really confusing and when some people asked for clarification, no one really provided any. finals was "best trick but land your whole run" format...?!?!?! I dunno, it was fun to ski in april and at least the down rail was kind of cool, but i wasnt really to into the whole vibe either year i guess. I've never really had a great day at camelback.

props to matt and sean for killing it though, matt especially deserved some skrilla after what happend at KOP, so i was glad he got his.

props to matt and sean for killing it though, matt especially deserved some skrilla after what happend at KOP, so i was glad he got his.

thanks KT!

lips on coulda been better and lil more explaination woulda been nice, but overall a fun time.

and OH MY GOD THE MUSIC WAS OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:band:killyourself::killyourself: :killyourself: