Any more improvements for JF?

I was just wondering if there will be any more improvements coming to JF? The only thing that I could think that might help would be relocating the pole cats from the tubing runs. They might be more beneficial to put them on Exhibition and the top headwall of Lightning....or just put them on portable mounts to use anywhere (if that's possible).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know for sure but I know I would like to see the the East Mt lift replaced with a HSQ, The double is ridiculously slow. Expanding past Floyd's like Jordan said would be really nice. I wouldn't mind having a few more Floyd like trails (or better) to choose from. Oh and thin out the branches / sticker bushes from the elevator to make it skiable from the top....pretty much all I got. Oh and a carpet converyor belt from the bottom of Sno Chute to the lodge would be sweet...That cross country trek can be quite a work out :P

More glades will be cleared out in areas all across the mountain. Some of the lifts will be painted black like B/C last summer. Some buildings will be painted. I don't think a HSQ will ever go at JF. The mountain is really too small to justify the expense...plus if they had a high speed then East and Challenge/Thunderbolt would get skied out so fast. Every person who started skiing last week would be over there just to ride the fastest lift. IMO.

More glades will be cleared out in areas all across the mountain. Some of the lifts will be painted black like B/C last summer. Some buildings will be painted. I don't think a HSQ will ever go at JF. The mountain is really too small to justify the expense...plus if they had a high speed then East and Challenge/Thunderbolt would get skied out so fast. Every person who started skiing last week would be over there just to ride the fastest lift. IMO.

Awesome news with the glade clearing...that's why I'll be keeping my pass there. But IDK I just think high speed lifts should be the norm nowadays. I don't like comparing JF to other mts but Camelback's Sullivan lift is about 600 vert. (like East), is right there when you walk in (as opposed to being secluded like the East mt. lift) and they don't seem to have a problem. If anything their problem is the lift lines on busy weekends. It won't affect my decision to purchase a pass at JF but it would be nice to have.

If "Fluffy" (a.k.a. Brad Huff) says not HSQ, I guess it's not happening.

I guess he should know, being a Lift Manager and Jesse Boyd's BFF. :)

You have been making some very informative and helpful posts regarding JFBB operations. Who are you and what do you do at JFBB?

Well, since you have such a big interest in me :wub: ...I'm the guy who does whatever needs to be done..a Jack of all trades I suppose. I know Brad. Nice guy...for a southerner. I've worked with him a time or two. It's pretty easy to find out the info in my 'informative and helpful posts'...just go ask someone there. It's not top secret or anything. Well, the glade things I just know 'cause I'll be getting frisky with a wood chipper this summer.

If you need my name, number, turn-ons, turn-offs, and life ambitions...then send me a PM big boy. ;)

I feel so special today. Thanks for thinking of me TT C6.

Getting back on the original topic...to finish my answer to BDK's question. The polecats at tubing are being sent to Mount Snow...JFBB is getting carriage guns to replace those...which can be used in the places that BDK mentioned. JF put carriages in some unique spots at the end of this season to help out thin spots such as T-Bolt and East Mtn. Next season, JFBB will have more flexability on where to use fans.

TT C6...I found this out in a conversation I had with the mountain manager at BB.

plus if they had a high speed then East and Challenge/Thunderbolt would get skied out so fast.

pray tell, how exactly does a groomer get "skied out"

Expanding past Floyd's like Jordan said would be really nice.

there are some really good hucks with steep landings back there, all they have to do is clear out a few small trees and rhododendron

I'm the guy who does whatever needs to be done..a Jack of all trades I suppose. I've worked with him a time or two. It's not top secret or anything. Well, the glade things I just know 'cause I'll be getting frisky with a wood chipper this summer.

You have posted some great "officially unofficial" info that has been really informative for everyone

You just posted "it's not top secret" and that you work at JFBB.

So, c'mon Fluffy. Many would like to know who you are and what you do at JFBB. :dunno

Thanks again for the info you've been posting regarding JFBB's future plans. Please keep us all posted. :)

Edited by TT C6

Where on the mountain will you be bringing your wood chipper?

Don't know 100% for sure, but the area between Challenge and East will be cleared more. Other target areas are on the edges of T-Bolt all the way down as well as the right side of ONE park all the way down. There was mention of hitting the areas near Jane's and Easy Rider also. I don't know which spots are at the top of the list for this summer, but all those will be done eventually. Areas on East have been mentioned and talked about (those get my vote), but I doubt those will get top priority.

You have posted some great "officially unofficial" info that has been really informative for everyone

You just posted "it's not top secret" and that you work at JFBB.

So, c'mon Fluffy. Many would like to know who you are and what you do at JFBB. :dunno

Thanks again for the info you've been posting regarding JFBB's future plans. Please keep us all posted. :)

Why does he have to post his name here? He wants to remain incognito there's nothing wrong with that.

there are some really good hucks with steep landings back there, all they have to do is clear out a few small trees and rhododendron

I agree on the hucks. There is a nice 30 footer. That will take some work, but it's possible to get it done. I doubt that will even be considered for this year though.

Oh, East gets skied out on busy days all the time. So many novice skiers and riders push all the snow straight down to the bottom.

Don't know 100% for sure, but the area between Challenge and East will be cleared more. Other target areas are on the edges of T-Bolt all the way down as well as the right side of ONE park all the way down. There was mention of hitting the areas near Jane's and Easy Rider also. I don't know which spots are at the top of the list for this summer, but all those will be done eventually. Areas on East have been mentioned and talked about (those get my vote), but I doubt those will get top priority.

The one park trees are already perfectly spaced out up top. It does get tight towards the bottom and there are usually hoses there so I normally jump onto exhibition...Any chance the wood chipper will see the Elevator? Keep us posted with updates Fluffy...I'm getting excited for JF next season already.

Doesn't that area take you down to the river or is there a path back to River Shot?

Why does he have to post his name here? He wants to remain incognito there's nothing wrong with that.

It's cool if he wants to remain incognegro

But, he already posted that he works at JFBB and has operational information. What's the big deal? Employees from other mountains post under their real names.

Oh, East gets skied out on busy days all the time. So many novice skiers and riders push all the snow straight down to the bottom.

oh yeah, i keep forgetting what a shitshow the headwall above the main rivershot headwall gets by the end of the day

Doesn't that area take you down to the river or is there a path back to River Shot?

naa, the hucks are to the immediate lookers left of risk it, you can easily get back to floyds

there is also a decent 20 footer in between elevator and floyds, but that one has kind of a flat landing

The East mt lift is the least busy of all the lifts there. I don't think a HSQ will affect snow quality too much...Again other mountains with not much more vert have them.

Of course I may just be a bit selfish since I ski there mid week mostly ^_^

naa, the hucks are to the immediate lookers left of risk it, you can easily get back to floyds

there is also a decent 20 footer in between elevator and floyds, but that one has kind of a flat landing

I know about the one huck just right of Risk it...Thats easy to see. Past that there are all of those bushes and stuff. I never ventured through there. Is there anything behind those bushes?

Dude I need your tour of JF.

The East mt lift is the least busy of all the lifts there. I don't think a HSQ will affect snow quality too much...Again other mountains with not much more vert have them.

Of course I may just be a bit selfish since I ski there mid week mostly ^_^

I know about the one huck just right of Risk it...Thats easy to see. Past that there are all of those bushes and stuff. I never ventured through there. Is there anything behind those bushes?

Dude I need your tour of JF.

theres a few more hidden in those bushes. beyond the bushes, there is a really nicely spaced glade with the steepness of floyds if not a little more. very boney, the only year i was able to ski it without hitting tons of rocks was winter 02,03

and yeah, when you ski JF every weekend, every year from when you are 3 to 18, you go exploring :)

It's cool if he wants to remain incognegro

But, he already posted that he works at JFBB and has operational information. What's the big deal? Employees from other mountains post under their real names.

"Incognegro"? Nice one. It's always intellectually stimulating to be a biggot.

theres a few more hidden in those bushes. beyond the bushes, there is a really nicely spaced glade with the steepness of floyds if not a little more. very boney, the only year i was able to ski it without hitting tons of rocks was winter 02,03

and yeah, when you ski JF every weekend, every year from when you are 3 to 18, you go exploring :)

I wanted to head back there this winter but there never seemed to be enough snow.