Siblet does SG

sibhusky

I don't have any pictures, because I was too worried to deal with that, but Siblet had her first FIS SG today and survived. She lowered her FIS points from 990 to 208, not a fantastic day, but better than last year's USSA race. Now that she has her confidence she plans to really go for it tomorrow. She looked solid and I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

I hate speed events....

I don't have any pictures, because I was too worried to deal with that, but Siblet had her first FIS SG today and survived.  She lowered her FIS points from 990 to 208, not a fantastic day, but better than last year's USSA race.  Now that she has her confidence she plans to really go for it tomorrow.  She looked solid and I will try to get some pics tomorrow.

I hate speed events....

when does she do a downhill at the birds of prey? :lol:

She's 5'3".  You know how long the minimum length ski is for a FIS downhill?  205cm's!!!

then how comes i often see bode racing DH on his Atomic GS skis (the '05 atomics),? They seem to be barely above his eyes (probably low 180's)....Then i see other people racing on last year's all red atomic DH skis, which are well above the head. Are these USSA races, or worldcup that i see on OLN....because body defaintly isn't on 205's in most DH's :confused

then how comes i often see bode racing DH on his Atomic GS skis (the '05 atomics),?  They seem to be barely above his eyes (probably low 180's)....Then i see other people racing on last year's all red atomic DH skis, which are well above the head.  Are these USSA races, or worldcup that i see on OLN....because body defaintly isn't on 205's in most DH's  :confused

If I wasn't in a hotel room I'd pull out my dictionary and convert 6'2" to cm's, but I am sure at the WC level there isn't any "shaving the rules" going on....