08/09 Terrain Park Update

P-architect

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright i hate cb b/c of its fucking stupid rangers and ski patrol, but i could see them maybe pulling this shit off weather permitting. I'm just saying they actually took a step forward this time getting pretty well made shit opposed to the stuff they've bought/made of the past 3 years. Now IF they actually have a decent staff for park crew and not a bunch of dumb kids that don't know shit and don't do shit they could make this a fun average park .

Things to Possibly Plague this Park

- Bad Park Crew (set up, building shit etc)

- Weather/Snow Conditions Traditionally Suck at CB

- Camelback Big-Shots just saying NO to shit

I know for a Fact that Will is going to do his best to make sure that first one doesnt happen. He knows what he is doing and wont hire people who are just going to dick around and goof off the whole time. I trust him to take care of that. And Camelback really doesnt have the tools to do in house fabrication or im sure will would have pursued that route but hopefully planet snow's shit will hold up good.

Will really knows his shit no matter what everyone says. One of the best diggers in the area no doubt. The jibs look sick and I know for a fact that the park crew is going to be A LOT better than the past years because I know most of them personally. They'll work hard. I'm just interested to see how the jumps come out. It's gonna be almost impossible for ANY resort to touch what Boulder had last year.

Brand New Rails, Boxes and Snowmaking Equipment!!!

The new features look great. Are you getting more than that or is that it for this season thus far? Also please tell the groomers that the jibs don't need be on on 20ft piles of snow this year.

We are very satisfied with the quality of all the planet snow features so far (they have round coping by the way). Yukon and I cant wait for some snow to start setting them up. The complete list of our new planet snow features is on the first page of this topic. I'll start posting some more pictures of stuff you'll see in the park soon...

What exactly is bad about Planet Snow? What problems have you guys seen in the past? Old?
Honestly when they were at Sno they didn't do too much. They came in maybe a few times during the year just to shape things up, their just not worth the money for the East Coast...

I think a lot more would get done if a mountain highered a few good fabricator who can make the boxes, but still know a lot about the park scene, then have actual good riders who know what they like and how things should be set up to put up the rails and such. You will be saving a ton of money and still have a much better park.

Also I've noticed Planet really loves picnic tables..... :lol:

What exactly is bad about Planet Snow? What problems have you guys seen in the past? Old?

planet snow is actually pretty legit. the construction is good for the most part (some coping issues but whatever - everything else is dead on). i think most people just get sick of the color scheme.

neptune can make some sick shit if he has the resources. the way he put it... sno just wasnt giving him what his contract stated. and it showed in the parks.

I dont like the top sheet eaither. Too thin. And their jibs seem to break easliy.

i think the thin top sheet would be solved with round coping. although some stuff he makes he puts screws too close to the edge and it cracks. maybe if it was thicker it wouldnt break though. its not like his rails/boxes completely fall apart - theyre solid. then again, anyone can make a double barrel if they know how to weld.

I think a lot more would get done if a mountain highered a few good fabricator who can make the boxes, but still know a lot about the park scene, then have actual good riders who know what they like and how things should be set up to put up the rails and such.

Just to back that up.

Coincidently, I was at the WashingtonDC ski expo this weekend and asked the Bear Creek guy why there was a picture of a Planet Snow jib. The Answer; That pic was from years ago, we make our own jibs now and everyone is a lot happier.

I have heard that the durability of Planet Snow jibs is (*&^%#&%$&(#% numerous times.

Just to back that up.

Coincidently, I was at the WashingtonDC ski expo this weekend and asked the Bear Creek guy why there was a picture of a Planet Snow jib. The Answer; That pic was from years ago, we make our own jibs now and everyone is a lot happier.

I have heard that the durability of Planet Snow jibs is (*&^%#&%$&(#% numerous times.

I think it is in the Robot Food movie Afterlame, though I may be wrong, in which they are doing a session on a Planet Snow C box and the guy hits it and it deflects like 20 degrees and I always thought it was quiet strange until I hit one too. They're better than what Camelback had for sure, but the jibs made by MC, Boulder, and Bear Creek are definitely better.

i think the thin top sheet would be solved with round coping. although some stuff he makes he puts screws too close to the edge and it cracks. maybe if it was thicker it wouldnt break though. its not like his rails/boxes completely fall apart - theyre solid. then again, anyone can make a double barrel if they know how to weld.

The top sheet still feels thin and when I ride on them it just does not feel soild at all. I may just be weird but I have heard the same thing from many other people as well.

Ive worked on park crew that delt with planet snow's rails and I can back that one up. They dont seem to last very long. Again in my opinion they are just not solid.

Not trying to hate on cback at all, I actually do hope they get their shit together and make a soild park. I'm just sharing my experiences with planet snow.

I'm not a huge Planet Snow fan either, but who else makes commodity rails? Blue, JFBB, Bear, Mountain Creek, Shawnee, Roundtop all build their own jibs. Hidden Valley NJ bought some old ones off of Mountain Creek. Sno and Camelback now have them from Planet Snow. If JFBB, Bear, Mountain Creek sold their jibs retail then sure that would be great but honestly they seem like the best option for Camelback at the moment and I'm stoked. No matter how bad PS's are for the year, they are significantly better than what they had.

will is the man. he knows what he is doing and he is a perfectionist. yeah the rails may be from planet snow but thats because there jut isn't enough time to build an entire new set of rails on there own when there already trying to get everything else in order. i have full confidence in him otherwise i wouldn't be working with him. plus i'm gonna make him build a badass jump line this year hahahahaha

Edited by travis