Snow next week?

GET YER STOKE ON

Mix of rain and snow forecast in Jim Thorpe tonight and tomorrow.

Today was the first time I could see my breath while kayaking this winter.

We got flurries but nothing stuck to the ground cuz the air temp was 44.

The rain passed about 3PM and we got lots of lake fog... warm water ...cooler air?

This usually is how fall turns to winter around here.

Lots of colorful trees one day and then a 27 mph wind and rain storm nukes all the leaves.

Then it looks brown and white until April.

Well.....I had my fun.... kayaking 5 miles every weekday for 6 months.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seven Springs is nicely set up. I haven't skied it but I stayed there at the resort hotel for a corporate party a few years back. The size and atmosphere reminded me a lot of bear creek, but I think it was better then BC. One thing is for sure, the place is an absolute zoo on weekends since that is pretty much the only place to ski at out there.

Bold's cool.....

any font is actually OK because I use CTRL plus to expand fonts all day long in FireFox.

I tried the couch slug thing for 5 years and then figured I know how to have fun around here so I went snowboarding

or kayaking every weekday for the last 2 years.

Way too many old people get fat and sick with all sorts of bad health problems just because they sat down one day

and never got up again for anything except to eat.

That's not me.

As far as BLIND skiing goes......

I'm not blind yet , just impaired.

Jack Frost has an adaptive program for disabled skiers.

They DO HAVE blind skiers riding down the hill with a ski buddy holding leashes behind the blind skier and

directing the blind skier just like you would direct a bridal when riding a horse.

I do think that is nuts. I'll give up snowboarding when I get to the point where I need

leashes.

Dude if ever I see you at JF remind me to buy you a beer or something. You're an inspiration.

GET YER STOKE ON

Mix of rain and snow forecast in Jim Thorpe tonight and tomorrow.

Today was the first time I could see my breath while kayaking this winter.

We got flurries but nothing stuck to the ground cuz the air temp was 44.

The rain passed about 3PM and we got lots of lake fog... warm water ...cooler air?

This usually is how fall turns to winter around here.

Lots of colorful trees one day and then a 27 mph wind and rain storm nukes all the leaves.

Then it looks brown and white until April.

Well.....I had my fun.... kayaking 5 miles every weekday for 6 months.

I'm a few few minutes from JFBB. There's about 4 inches of HEAVY snow out there now. And still falling. All area schools are closed today. I don't think anyone expected this. I'll have to snap a few pics.

Dude if ever I see you at JF remind me to buy you a beer or something. You're an inspiration.

I'm a few few minutes from JFBB. There's about 4 inches of HEAVY snow out there now. And still falling. All area schools are closed today. I don't think anyone expected this. I'll have to snap a few pics.

Just measured ten inches.