ARM NAVY Selling BURTON boards for $180

Robert2

BECAUSE ITS A JOB.

Its not play land and you don't expect instructors to come sit around waiting for lessons and

then only pay them if they teach a lesson.

I don't know what they do now but 13 years ago you got paid by the clock.

You were expected to be there an hour before lifts opened to the public and when someone called

for a ski lesson they could book the lessons and management knew that they hand enough instructors

present to even book the lessons and teach group lessons.

I taught at Doe Mt/BC for about 14+ years and we got paid by the lesson.We had scheduled lessons and if we didn't didn't get a lesson we could go ride until the next scheduled lessons.You had scheduled times to be there and if you didn't teach you didn't get any pay(but you did get to ride a lot)There were maybe two riders that were full time and that didn't start until about two or three years ago.

I aways did think of it as play land.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome what languages?

And this should be good....

I had one hell of run for 20 years.

I got a commodore 64 computer and learned BASIC and then

I started out in data entry and worked up to system operator and learned to program

IBM midrange computers System/34, System/36, System/38, and AS/400 in a language called

RPG II.

I ran a steel company in 1985 with a System/34 that had 64 kilobytes of RAM and 64 megabytes

of disk space.

My cell phone now has 10 times more memory than that steel company computer had disk space.

I wrote software for pacemakers and 911 emergency services.

So when you call for police, fire, or rescue in Monroe County a dispatcher keys into my software.

I wrote software for IBM S/390 mainframes in COBOL and then got into dragon slaying.

The old IBM mainframes where the dragons of old.

UNIX and 400 mhz PCs could do so much so fast that it came time to move off the mainframes and

do CGI programming in PERL to distribute processes and data entry across networks of dirt cheap

PCs instead of using 5 million dollar mainframes.

Only problem there is the COBOL programming staff fought tooth and nail kicking and screaming

to keep their kingdom intact for another 20 years but sooner or later a guy like me would come along

and know both the PC, UNIX, CGI stuff, and the old time mainframe stuff and port the mainframe

tasks down to UNIX using PERL CGI. IT really wasn't all that complicated once you got past their

technology. They were very much the same, just bigger or smaller , faster or slower.

You just had to sneak under their radar, learn how they did something in COBOL and you owned it....

go do it on UNIX. It actually was fun. A lot more fun than pacemakers.

You screw up pacemaker or 911 software and people die.

I learned microcontroller programming to make a few toys and tools over the years.

Anything electronic that beeps or controls or senses has microcontrollers in them and

you can use assembly language or C or BASIC on them.

I bought a Microengineeringlabs MELABS PicBasicPro compiler.

I highly recommend it instead of trying to learn assembly language.

Microcontrollers cost $2 for a complete computer system the size of your thumbnail.

So I did some real serious shit for a long time and now I kayak or snowboard every day I can.

Its a retirement plan.

I had one hell of run for 20 years.

I got a commodore 64 computer and learned BASIC and then

I started out in data entry and worked up to system operator and learned to program

IBM midrange computers System/34, System/36, System/38, and AS/400 in a language called

RPG II.

I ran a steel company in 1985 with a System/34 that had 64 kilobytes of RAM and 64 megabytes

of disk space.

My cell phone now has 10 times more memory than that steel company computer had disk space.

I wrote software for pacemakers and 911 emergency services.

So when you call for police, fire, or rescue in Monroe County a dispatcher keys into my software.

I wrote software for IBM S/390 mainframes in COBOL and then got into dragon slaying.

The old IBM mainframes where the dragons of old.

UNIX and 400 mhz PCs could do so much so fast that it came time to move off the mainframes and

do CGI programming in PERL to distribute processes and data entry across networks of dirt cheap

PCs instead of using 5 million dollar mainframes.

Only problem there is the COBOL programming staff fought tooth and nail kicking and screaming

to keep their kingdom intact for another 20 years but sooner or later a guy like me would come along

and know both the PC, UNIX, CGI stuff, and the old time mainframe stuff and port the mainframe

tasks down to UNIX using PERL CGI. IT really wasn't all that complicated once you got past their

technology. They were very much the same, just bigger or smaller , faster or slower.

You just had to sneak under their radar, learn how they did something in COBOL and you owned it....

go do it on UNIX. It actually was fun. A lot more fun than pacemakers.

You screw up pacemaker or 911 software and people die.

I learned microcontroller programming to make a few toys and tools over the years.

Anything electronic that beeps or controls or senses has microcontrollers in them and

you can use assembly language or C or BASIC on them.

I bought a Microengineeringlabs MELABS PicBasicPro compiler.

I highly recommend it instead of trying to learn assembly language.

Microcontrollers cost $2 for a complete computer system the size of your thumbnail.

So I did some real serious shit for a long time and now I kayak or snowboard every day I can.

Its a retirement plan.

i'm speechless. really, i'm speechless. i take back the troll remarks. somebody please go ski with this guy. i know he is real, but i need a fucking witness.

This thread has crossed the globe. This forum's users have come full circle on this one. It was a wild ride, and I feared the worst for a while. But Nick redeemed himself and Rob showed his true colors. This thread is so dramatic. Rob, one thing though, let the textbox wrap your lines automatically. I know you're used to the 72 column rule, but it makes for hard reading on this medium. It might help the lazy readers who are afraid of complete sentences.

This thread has crossed the globe. This forum's users have come full circle on this one. It was a wild ride, and I feared the worst for a while. But Nick redeemed himself and Rob showed his true colors. This thread is so dramatic. Rob, one thing though, let the textbox wrap your lines automatically. I know you're used to the 72 column rule, but it makes for hard reading on this medium. It might help the lazy readers who are afraid of complete sentences.

... wtf?

Way to dig up a buried thread with a weak recap.

what a great way to start posting on pasr

• 2 months later...
They definitely sell crossbows..I'm more interested in getting a pair of heelies..you know the sneakers with a wheel that pops out for cruising around the supermarket..

I have a pair of heelies.

The first time I wore them out was to a toys r us. I was cruising around the store getting a feel for them. Once I started to get a hang of it I thought I would get a little more adventurous. I picked up some good speed and then tried to make it down a whole isle. I was coasting along but then geeked out right towards the end of the isle and took a sharp left and crashed into some toys that promptly fell on my head. The couple standing near by got a nice chuckle out of that.

I have a pair of heelies.

The first time I wore them out was to a toys r us. I was cruising around the store getting a feel for them. Once I started to get a hang of it I thought I would get a little more adventurous. I picked up some good speed and then tried to make it down a whole isle. I was coasting along but then geeked out right towards the end of the isle and took a sharp left and crashed into some toys that promptly fell on my head. The couple standing near by got a nice chuckle out of that.

I went quad skating at the local JT rink with my daughter and granddaughter last week.

I got the old fashion quad skates at Models in the mall last March... walked across the street to the Arm Navy store and told the kid at the skateboard counter I wanted to buy 8 sets of precision bearings and soft polyeurathane wheels to replace the crap on the new cheap skates.

He said he didn't thing we could that that here.

I told him to get his boss.... I thinks he's Larz.....

who promptly said nooooooooooo problemmmm....

old school... that's how we used to do it a long time ago.... and set me up nice with warp speed

street skates.

I then strapped on in the Red Lobster parking lot and played in the mall lots in between

the mounds of snow left over from the winter.

Blue skies, sunny day, and old farts skating in the mall.

I bought heelies in a mall in Las Vegas a few years ago.

I still haven't figured out how to ride them though.

haha for me, i kept it smooth. my first was on the vista lift at Blue.

And that was yesterday...right?

Edited by Robert2