boots? what do you recommend

bcridr

oakely, i was looking at 32 lashed's but i may get them off the internet. I was wondering if they run big or small, or are they pretty true to size. thanks again for your help

I don't know if I would get boots online. I"ve got bindings and boards from the internet, but a boot is something that you really can't tell until its on your foot exactly how its going to fit.

Go and try them on at a store and get them there.

oakely, i was looking at 32 lashed's but i may get them off the internet. I was wondering if they run big or small, or are they pretty true to size. thanks again for your help

definetly take a ride to the shop, try on a few different pairs, and find what size and what fits best. then if you can buy them off the internet for considerably cheaper, get them.

but in an attempt to answer your question, i'd say they run pretty true to size. my shoe size matches my boot size...if that helps. you really need to try them on to be sure.

i guess it comes down to if you can handle pain well or not... if you can then you should just duct tape your feet and ankles to the board... if you cant handle it too well you should probably get some bindings...if you can man up and bite your lip for the rest of the day from the broken ankles you might get from landing awkwardly, you dont need them......also if you like to ski drunk i suggest them haha...or if your a girl you mite want them

i guess it comes down to if you can handle pain well or not... if you can then you should just duct tape your feet and ankles to the board... if you cant handle it too well you should probably get some bindings...if you can man up and bite your lip for the rest of the day from the broken ankles you might get from landing awkwardly, you dont need them......also if you like to ski drunk i suggest them haha...or if your a girl you mite want them

I <3 you toast. Thanks for the advice!!

I wouldn't limit yourself to only 32 and Salomon. I'd go with whatever boot fits your foot the best. Every person has a different shaped foot and not every boot is going to fit the same person. Head over to a shop and just try a bunch on and go from there. Other boots you could also look at would be the Burton Hail, K2 Darko, and Ride Duece.

Edit: Buckmans does carry 32 boots by the way.

Edited by Dan-

Legit best post of the season so far.

For brands, I've had Burton, Salomon, K2, and Ride. I liked all of them and the demise of each boot was due to packing out so there are certaintly more than just 32 and Salomon making good boots.

I've had BOA for the last 3 years and had no trouble with it. I like it on the outer laces but not the inner lacing, I found the placement of the little crank on the inner lace bites into the side of your ankle a little on my K2 T1s, I had to do a little bit of post-purchase "adjustment" to the plastic to get it to be more comfortable.

As for 32, they make great boots. However, you have to try any boot on. I have tried 5 models of 32 boots on for the last 3 years and every single one fit me horribly. But lots of people come in and love them. I must just have a weird foot but for me, they feel like crap. I wish they fit though because they are very light, have a good flex etc, but they just don't work for me. Even within a brand, there are some Burton's that feel great and some that feel horrible for me. It isn't a matter of running big or small - you have the heel cup width and the toebox shape and a host of other factors that all contribute to fit.