Snowmaking to start TUESDAY

ColoradoHigh

Bear Creek will start to make snow TUESDAY NIGHT, with a rail jam on Friday!

" Snowmaking begins Tuesday night!

Don't miss our BC Ironworks Rail Jam and Movie Premier this Friday, November 21!"

From their website...

So stoked for skiing!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it will get cold and it will be snow? wishful thinking.

There was snow in Philadelphia today!

sure, it was just flurries, and sure, it only lasted 20 minutes, but i'm clinging to this for now. i think it means good things.

Here is the latest snowmaking update:

We will be making snow on Cascade (including the tubing jump line), Black Bear, Kodiak and Cub Run for the next few nights. We are using every tower gun on those trails and all our wheeled guns.

Our hope is to have a great set-up for the rail jam on Friday night and some lift serviced terrain for the weekend.

The ground has firmed up nicely and the forecast is for light winds and cold temps. The only wildcard is water temperature. It is still hovering in the high 40's so the impact of that remains to be seen.

I will post another update tomorrow after we get a feel for what kind of production we get tonight.

They just started the pumps, so I would guess in the next hour or so as soon as the temperatures drop a few degrees.

The wind is kicking up a bit so we shouldn't have any issues with temperature inversions tonight but it does make it a bit more difficult to keep the snow on the trails.