Snowmaking to start TUESDAY

ColoradoHigh

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11/20/08 Update:

I wish I had definitive news, but we did not get the production we had hoped for last night.

The predicted low of 23F never materialized and Brad and his team were left to battle it out with constantly fluctuating temperatures that were marginal at best.

As of today, we are unable to predict whether we will have enough snow to open Saturday. Tonight, Friday and Saturday nights all look very promising. We will have a definite answer regarding Saturday by tomorrow morning.

If we are unable to open Saturday, we try to open Sunday if conditions permit.

Think Cold!

Edited by BC-Mark

11/20/08 Evening Update

We are sitting at 32F right now. Unfortunately, the trend shows rising temps and humidity. The snowmaking team is coming in around 10PM to see if the trend reverses but the hourly forecast doesn't look too great. Hopefully we can get some production between midnight and 8AM.

Let's hope the forecast holds for Friday and Saturday night. 20F would be great!

11/21/08 Update:

Our low last night was 28F with 85% humidity. Needless to say, with the warm water, it was not a great scenario for snowmaking.

We will not be able to open on Saturday, but we are still hoping for Sunday. I will post tomorrow to update on the possibility of Sunday.

The rail jam is still on for tonight, so come out and take advantage of the snow we have made!

11/21/08 Update:

Our low last night was 28F with 85% humidity. Needless to say, with the warm water, it was not a great scenario for snowmaking.

We will not be able to open on Saturday, but we are still hoping for Sunday. I will post tomorrow to update on the possibility of Sunday.

The rail jam is still on for tonight, so come out and take advantage of the snow we have made!

oo ouch. my fingers are crossed. its nice u guys frequent the boards. thanks