Big Boulder 11/23/08

AtomicSkier

Me. I use it as my unwind time and don't like to be bothered by which direction other people might want to go, and I can come and go when I want to.

I can surely understand the come and go as you want to part of it for sure...

I don't like hanging around in the lodge so normally when my legs are burnt out I roll... or when I get bored.

It might be just me but I get bored pretty quickly skiing by myself..

Me. I use it as my unwind time and don't like to be bothered by which direction other people might want to go, and I can come and go when I want to.

You don't live an 1.5 hours away from the mountains like most of us, so you don't have to deal with gas, tolls, mileage, and 3+ hours behind the wheel. Your opinion isn't really relative.

Even when I skateboarded at the local halfpipe, I always scheduled to meet other people to session. When we took the train into Philly to skate Love Park, I always tried to get people to meet up to share the same train. Most people who ride park want to ride with others to get their stoke up. But, you don't ride park, do you?

Either way. It's nice to see that you consistently post an argument to whatever I post. :rolleyes:

Edited by TT C6

You don't live an 1.5 hours away from the mountains like most of us, so you don't have to deal with gas, tolls, mileage, and 3+ hours behind the wheel. Your opinion isn't really relative.

Even when I skateboarded at the local halfpipe, I always scheduled to meet other people to session. When we took the train into Philly to skate Love Park, I always tried to get people to meet up to share the same train. Most people who ride park want to ride with others to get their stoke up. But, you don't ride park, do you?

Either way. It's nice to see that you consistently post an argument to whatever I post. :rolleyes:

Dude, you need to learn to not rub people the wrong way. He was stating HIS opinion, so yes, it is relative.

I've only had about 7 posts since May and I know none of them have been arguments. You asked the question, "Who wants to hit the mountain alone and pay for gas and tools all by themselves?" I gave you an answer. Sorry for responding.

Loads of people on the site live under a half hour from their mountain. It's relative to lots of members, just not you.

Carpooling is the way to go. I hate the drive by myself, it's so boring and I'm always in and out of sleeping. I actually like skiing by myself sometimes though, it's stress relieving.

I completely agree on both points. I tried to stick with the 2 guys I rooled up with on Saturday, but they don't do park and couldn't keep up. So, we just set a time and place to meet for the ride home. Sometimes, sharing the car and then riding the mountain is solo. Even when you do that, you still get to split the gas, tolls, and driving. Worst case scenario, you passengers can make sure you stay awake.

Loads of people on the site live under a half hour from their mountain. It's relative to lots of members, just not you.

Sorry Glenn. I thought it was obvious to everyone that the people looking to car pool usually live at least an hour from the mountain. So, yeah. I don't think that the car pooling conversation is relative to locals.

Dude, you need to learn to not rub people the wrong way. He was stating HIS opinion, so yes, it is relative.

You got a point. But, you know what.....I'm tired of people posting negative shit ALL the time. If you don't want to carpool or hang out with other people. Fine. But, keep your negative comments to yourself.

Regardless,a lot of us live 1+ hours away and don't want to individually spend $50 to commute to the mountain just to ride alone and then drive home all by themselves.

As far as kissing everyones ass after having my balls busted for 2 seasons...our Philadelphia club is finally taking off and we have dozens of people signed up to carpool and do VT trips already. So, my ideas must make sense to some people and maybe I wasted a lot of my time on PASR trying to make it happen.

Edited by TT C6

If you look at the majority of people who bust TTC6's balls about the car pooling threads the ones who are giving him a hard time are the ones who live within 30 minutes of their local mountain. I 100% agree those people should give him a break as they have no need to even look at those threads quite honestly..

For the record I'm behind his efforts in spirit. I think TT is doing one of the most positive things on this site for a while. Jeff and GSS do the site and it's members a real disservice by constantly demeaning him and his efforts. No one even thinks it's funny, it's 100% about ego.

For the record I'm behind his efforts in spirit. I think TT is doing one of the most positive things on this site for a while. Jeff and GSS do the site and it's members a real disservice by constantly demeaning him and his efforts. No one even thinks it's funny, it's 100% about ego.

ding ding ding!

But every freaking post of his is about carpooling..Carpooling is a PITA...Pain In the Ass..

Sorry he doesn't like to post about what fanny pack he wants to get.

TT is actually a good guy in real life. He is doing a great thing by trying to car pool and bring people on this site together by saving money on gas, cars, tolls, hotels.