Where to Head in PA This Weekend.

train36

Where do you guys think is the best place to head this weekend in PA? A couple of us are probably heading out Saturday and Sunday morning. I have an offpeak to BC so mornings there are a no go and not sure if they will be open anyway. We are looking for somewhere with minimal crowds with a okay amount of terrain open, if this is even possible. I would normally just go to Blue but think it might be packed there even for a morning session. Although they might get more trails open by the weekend. It looks like Camelback will have a decent amount of terrain open. What do you think, Sno ,Elk CB , Blue , Boulder or maybe even Shawnee. We don't really care just don't want to be standing in line all day or dealing with chaos on the hill. Thanks for any help as I am really up in the air on this one.

Where do you guys think is the best place to head this weekend in PA? A couple of us are probably heading out Saturday and Sunday morning. I have an offpeak to BC so mornings there are a no go and not sure if they will be open anyway. We are looking for somewhere with minimal crowds with a okay amount of terrain open, if this is even possible. I would normally just go to Blue but think it might be packed there even for a morning session. Although they might get more trails open by the weekend. It looks like Camelback will have a decent amount of terrain open. What do you think, Sno ,Elk CB , Blue , Boulder or maybe even Shawnee. We don't really care just don't want to be standing in line all day or dealing with chaos on the hill. Thanks for any help as I am really up in the air on this one.

So far Boulders lines haven`t been too bad. I`ve been there everyweekend since it opened and i don`t remember ever waiting any more than a few minutes in lift lines.

if you actually want to ski, then i would go to Blue or Camelback. Blue will have at least Lazy open by the weekend to spread out the crowds, and the two lifts at the bottom of Main. Camelback will probably have a good amount of terrain open but i think it might get a little more crowded there as the morning goes on. If you want to ride park, go to Boulder.

I know there will be a decent group of people from here riding Blue for morning sessions this weekend if you are interested.

Thanks for the reply, I guess its between Blue and CB then. I guess I will probably head to Blue but only if Lazy is open, if not I will probably head somewhere else.

I'd think about checking out Shawnee... They seem to have some decent terrain open, and if Sno opens it will split up the crowds... I think Shawnee might be a good alternative for decent terrain and the chance to miss the crowds... I'm sure Blue and CB will have crowds... If CB had the other quad open I would go there hands down, but it is december now and the word is out... Crowds will be picking up everywhere... I know Elk wont have crowds, but they historically have not offered lift ticket discounts for early or late season riding, so its not worth the money for the 4 trails they have open...

I'd go to Camelback over Blue right now. Blue has no high speed lifts, shorter vert, and apparently crappy snow. Camelback has quite a few trails going, a high speed lift. Crowds are probably on par.

I think you are right and we probably be heading to CB tomorrow but am still up in the air. Shawnee will have a few trails open as well and a mini terrain park and probably less crowds. Its a tough call, might be a morning decision.