OFFICIAL opening day thread

nick

well here it is...Ill be there filming for opening day edit for the new website that should be up in the next couple days, if you see me with the camera, throw down and get in it. Who else is gonna be there???? Im not sure what trails are going to be open or whats going to be out yet, all depends on how much production they can get in tonight, but either way its gonna be a sick day.

EDIT: just read the website and it said cascade, kodiak and POSSIBLY black bear should be open

Edited by nick

It was pretty good for opening day...I got there at 9;30 and thought the lot would be full but I got a parkin spot pretty close.Park seemed to be in great shape.On black bear and kodiak the snow was a mixed bag.Lot's of familiar faces.My day ended early after a nasty fall doin a little ollie off of the landing on the second hit in the jump line.Totally miss judged everything.Glad I was wearin a helmetThis led me to the bar at about 11:45 to enjoy a nice Guinness beer float.

today was SICK. the snow was a lil hard but it felt so good to ski more than100ft. the fdf is vicious if u hit it too fast and i found that out... the candy cane was MADD SICKK. smoothest rail ive EVER ridden. soo much fun. everything was setup real nice despite the uber hard snow. fun day and really nice opening setup.

what rail is the candy cane?

its in front of the small staircase. it looks like a large black pipe with a green swirl around that resembles a candy cane. had so much fun today. the a-frame was super fun and took a couple of tries to get your speed dialed. didn't hit that many jumps but i'm hoping andy will start to build some on black bear soon. the bleacher box was set up perfectly so you could hit it from both sides. sick opening day bear creek!!

its in front of the small staircase. it looks like a large black pipe with a green swirl around that resembles a candy cane. had so much fun today. the a-frame was super fun and took a couple of tries to get your speed dialed. didn't hit that many jumps but i'm hoping andy will start to build some on black bear soon. the bleacher box was set up perfectly so you could hit it from both sides. sick opening day bear creek!!

I have to disagree with you on the perfectly be able to hit the bleacher from both sides. Shit was major sketch on the wallride part

I have to disagree with you on the perfectly be able to hit the bleacher from both sides. Shit was major sketch on the wallride part

X2 if u wanted to hit the wall ride part there was only like a foot and a half of plastic then you would get hung up on the snow/lip thing. Still the set up for first day was off the chizzzzain

I want to thank everyone that came out to opening day. It is always great to see old friends and new faces enjoying Bear Creek.

I also would like to say a huge thank you to the entire team at Bear Creek that made this the smoothest opening day we have had in 9 years.

If yesterday was an indication, we should have a great year all around so block out some time in your schedule to spend plenty of time on the snow this season!

I want to thank everyone that came out to opening day. It is always great to see old friends and new faces enjoying Bear Creek.

I also would like to say a huge thank you to the entire team at Bear Creek that made this the smoothest opening day we have had in 9 years.

If yesterday was an indication, we should have a great year all around so block out some time in your schedule to spend plenty of time on the snow this season!

had a great time yesterday... good job getting open and such decent coverage with such shifty weather lately!

yaa! opening day was awesome! I didn't really like how they had the jump set up though... because i couldn't hit the jump then go over to the A frame... i could.. but it was mad hard. and i culd rarely get enough speed then.

and whats the bleacher box? and if its the thing i think it is. that has that little slant to flat top on the top then why the heck is it called a bleacher box? looks nothing like it...

But great set up guys! this was a really great opening day!

Edited by boardin_nerd