whats up with the park?

LineSki

Same here, I was going to make a run up tomorrow (Monday) for the first time, but it might be raining. If I go and I can give you the scoop, but I might not go. I'm really interested in what their park has too. It looks really nice from the site, and its pictures.

I seems like its really hard to get to the park all the way on the left of the mountain from the map. Is this true in real life? Anyone know?

Same here, I was going to make a run up tomorrow (Monday) for the first time, but it might be raining.  If I go and I can give you the scoop, but I might not go.  I'm really interested in what their park has too.  It looks really nice from the site, and its pictures.

I seems like its really hard to get to the park all the way on the left of the mountain from the map.  Is this true in real life?  Anyone know?

How come I wasn't made aware that you are going up tommorow? Come on man, you know you can't go without me.

I noticed some of the comps are there, so I think I'll take a look.

Edited by The_Public_Enemy

as of sunday the park had 2 or 3 big hits, maybe 5 smaller ones. rails up were: flat down rail, medium battleship, the weird rainbowish rail i can't describe better, c box, s rail, c rail, big battleship, large rainbow, flat down box, flat box, flat rail. the beginner rails up were the pyramid type box, short flat rail or two, picnic table, tiny little battleship, mailbox, and a smaller rainbow rail. the pipe was in great shape all weekend, but after the rain it's probably kind of crappy.

Whats up hallraker, train36 from SB.com. Whats up everybody just got back from Bear a little while ago and today was real nice. All the landings were nice and soft and the park crew was going through and fixing up all the lips real nice. The jump line is real nice and there was some kids going off, saw a few back flips, though you are not suppose to be inverted no one seemed to care. Temps are suppose to drop and they need to blow some snow to touch some stuff up but the park was in pretty good conditon. Its pretty hard to explain everything thats there they have such a good variety, the rainbow box/ rail is about 6 inches wide and about 20-25 feet long, and is a lot of fun. They have about 6-8 jumps ranging in sizes and lots of boxes and rails. If you have not hit up Bear yet and like doing some park riding I suggest you get there. They schedule contests frequently check the website www.skibearcreek.com. I was talking to a guy that works there and there is a big-air contests towards the end of the season that should be cool, he said they will start to build the jumps up soon. I am probably going back up on thursday. :rock

check their website for comps, i know there is at least a slopestyle comp this month yet after that i don't know.

i heard from a higher up instructor this weekend that they are still gonna blow snow when possible, so they should be fired up this weekend. as i said the park is still in good shape and the park crew does a good job keeping the lips and landings in good shape. kids there are almost always killin it. sadly i'm not one of them and probably won't be the rest of the season thanks to the flat down box.

monday will be pakced beyond belief if the weather is nice. they tried to get me to work but i wouldn't dare. lots of beginners in jeans will be out on rental skis and boards. hopefully this weekend won't be too crowded.

that flatdown box is super sticky. i tried a 270 on last time i was there and almost died. thank god that thing is too low for me to nut it.

Yeah seriously dude...that box is REALLY sticky. I disastered to boardslide last Saturday night and as soon as I touched the box my board stopped and it slammed me into the ground. I didn't have time to get my hands down and I broke the fall with my face heh.