whats up with the park?

LineSki

Its definitley the best park around PA, at least that I have been to, I am glad I got a pass there this season. What it lacks in vert, It makes up with nicely setup jumps, rails, boxes and a decent pipe. I hear Boulder has a decent setup and want to check it out as well.

Edited by Allian Boarder

Its definitley the best park around PA, at least that I have been to, I am glad I got a pass there this season.  What it lacks in vert, It makes up with nicely setup jumps, rails, boxes and a decent pipe.  I hear Boulder has a decent setup and want to check it out as well.

Boulder ranks right up there with Bear as confirmed yesterday by Steven- I could use help with a nickname for him..... We will be at BC Tuesday night running Nastar and the skier Cross and of course Steven will be sessioning the whole thing.. From 7 - 9:30 we have no problem getting in 15+ runs... Hope to see you there!

I went to Bear Creek last monday and I was totally amazed. I thought their park was way better than Mountain Creeks, though I know many people will disagree.

They didn't have nearly as many super high gaps to boxes like Mountain Creek, but the variety was amazing. I really hate height gaps onto stuff, especially the gaps at creek. If you didn't pop super high you wouldn't even get onto the boxes... I watches a couple people not make it and slam themselves hard into the boxes. Their beginner parks were crap too. In my opinion height gaps suck for skis if not set up right. Anyway.

There was just so much stuff, I couldn't believe it. Big left and right hips, lots of multi jumps, and a really big double cheeswedge jump. Picnic tables, wall rides, the longest rainbow box I have ever seen. It was like 50 feet long. A triple A frame box, huge gap to massive high C-box with an extension to make it almost completely wrap along to go back up the slope. A cool beginner C-Box, around 3 different Battleship rails, one which was a massive beast. Easy beginner flat boxes from 30-10 feet I'd say. Big Kink rails, a really nice flat down box. People said it was sticky when they were there but it was nice for me. There was a really nice gap to long flat rail, tons of differen't jumps. They had a cool little skiercross course too. Nothing extreme, but fun to just mess around in. They also had a couple super easy flat and mailbox rails for someone who is just starting on rails. Their half-pipe was a little flat for my tastes, but its alright. Better than blue's, but not Camelback's. They also had a quarter-pipe, but I think it was a bit under-vert last time I went. I didn't have enough time to try everything out, but I think it was.

Oh yeah I remember a couple more of the advanced rails. There was a super steep rainbow rail, and a huge gap to flat down set up on a big cheese wedge step-down jump.

I know I missed a couple of the more advanced features, but bottom line was the place was amazing.

Edited by lurker

i dont know what park steven skiied at boulder, but unless they have some super sick park hidden somewhere, they have nothing on bear. i was at boulder friday and bear saturday and sunday, and bear was 10 times better than boulder, easily. 50 foot wedge booter at bear was perhaps the best jump i have ever hit, and thats including stuff at killy, okemo, and stratton. bear creek has their act together for sure this year.

i dont know what park steven skiied at boulder, but unless they have some super sick park hidden somewhere, they have nothing on bear. i was at boulder friday and bear saturday and sunday, and bear was 10 times better than boulder, easily. 50 foot wedge booter at bear was perhaps the best jump i have ever hit, and thats including stuff at killy, okemo, and stratton. bear creek has their act together for sure this year.

Steven is a small guy, and more into rails. He just doesn't have the weight/leg power to boost anything real big like a 50 foot kicker. I know they love bear's park, but I think everything was just about perfect for him. He's super good, so in a few years, stuff like that will mean a lot more to him, but he seemed to love the line he was laying down in boulders rail park, but thats just what I saw, maybe there are other reasons why he liked boulder better.

Boulder ranks right up there with Bear as confirmed yesterday by Steven- I could use help with a nickname for him.....  We will be at BC Tuesday night  running Nastar and the skier Cross and of course Steven will be sessioning the whole thing..  From 7 - 9:30 we have no problem getting in 15+ runs...  Hope to see you there!

I guess I should have said "Boulder is next best, BEHIND Bear".. BB on Sunday afternoon was cool for him, because it was put together - it flowed smooth for his sessions. His first runs at BB were really clean and fun to watch. :rock The Steezemachine!!

I am typing for him and interperting what he is saying..... Bear offers a huge variety of features that allow creativity and progression to the whole slopestyle thing.

The big jumps aggravates a knee problem that he developed this year. I knocked down the edges on his skis - so that should help with his landings while twisting. He only does certain jumps that are set up perfect for his size - those are few and far between by his account.

Some one should send all of these testimonials to the Bear management!!!!!!!!! HMMMMMM......

We may change plans to Wednesday night instead of tonight at BC - or we may do both... Depends on NASTAR running for Ridge...

that jump is luscious. i dunno if any of you were there for the slopestyle, but minitanner and KT were dropping perfect cork 9's on that thing. three perfect hits in a row in their park really helps you get consistant on stuff cause you get to try something back to back to back. it really helped me dial in my 5's for sure. on another not, blue mountain monday night and tuesday was amazing. the trees off of lazy are real nice when theres almost a foot of snow on the ground.