NEW TRAILS OPENING AT SNO THIS WEEKEND!!!

Sno-nouncements

Thanks squid, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose pissed because of them, hey I think sno rider may be one of them? We were aloud to ride our features, how else do you know if the lips and landings are perfect?

Sno rider, I want to know who you are so stop being a bitch and pm me. and what do you know that I don't about running a ski resort? Its obvious your an employee

Nick, yeah I know i'm always a dick to you and shit but honestly dude, if you live in boulder co, why do you waste your time reading on Pasr? (Im not saying you shouldent just...) honestly if i were you I would be riding every day and have no time for a computer. if you do live in co and i'm not just mistaken like if your away at school or something your really lucky...

yeah and I don't work there now because they only hired 2 out of 12 park employees back this year and i told the supervisor straight up, i said I love the job and I would love to work again but I also don't really want to work 7 days a week (I have a real job too) so if there is anyone who actually needs the job they should defiantly get it first, plus they don't have any major events this year that I know of so they don't need a large staff... Plus I already bought a season pass.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, yeah I know i'm always a dick to you and shit but honestly dude, if you live in boulder co, why do you waste your time reading on Pasr? (Im not saying you shouldent just...) honestly if i were you I would be riding every day and have no time for a computer. if you do live in co and i'm not just mistaken like if your away at school or something your really lucky...

Well to my knowledge this thread is the first time you've been a dick to me, unless I missed it in the past. To answer your questions:

-Yes I do in fact live in Boulder Colorado, there are many on here who can a test to that fact.

-I "waste" my time on here for a number of reason. First and foremost, because I know how hard it is to make the move west that many skiers/riders dream about making. I like to stay connected to my "home" so that I can help others that are interested in making a similar move. I've put people up in my extra room almost non stop since I've gotten out here, and I'm more then willing to do whatever I can to help my fellow east coaster. Second of all, this site was created because of a conversation that Greg (thinksnow) and I had many years ago. I'm one of the original 4 (Thinksnow, Atomic Jeff, SkiDude, and myself). We created the PASR you know and love today. I've long since stepped down from my moderation status due to many reasons (school, work, and the eventual plan of getting out here). I'm not out riding everyday because, I have a full time job. I love my job, I'm one of the blessed who got a job in the field they went to school for. I sit behind a computer all day, and when I need a break from looking at Adobe products and code this is one of my stops. So call that "wasting" time, but I look at it as time well spent.

Hope that sheds a little light on my situation for you, and quit being a Dick. I promise it won't benefit you on here.

I really don't understand why people continue to bitch about minor things. ALL mountains have pros and cons. If Sno opening not opening midweek-days is such a con... go elsewhere. It's really not that hard of a concept. I own a season pass to Sno, yet still make my way to other mountains to try them out.

Now... It honestly makes sense to me why Sno's doing this. For those who've rode midweek during the day.. know it's by far the least busiest time. Until people start coming out of their Autumn season hibernation to get full swing into the ski/snowboard season, it makes perfect business sense for Sno not to throw money into keeping the mountain open for the very select, very few die-hards out there that are taking days off of school/work to go riding.

Once January rolls around.. the rest of the skiing and snowboarding population (myself included... total days snowboarding = 0) will finally get the drive to get full swing into the season.

Now, for all of you debating on whether we should be happy or not Sno made the effort to open as early as they did.... keep in mind Elk didn't even bother to open in November. It takes a lot of money and effort to get open as early as these local mountains did. If you're not one of the firsts... sometimes it's just cheaper and smarter to not rush things like Elk. I'm happy Sno did push for an early opening.

Well thanks for explaining that nick and I apologize for what I said, but... as for me being a dick on here, I don't really care about what people think when it comes to what I say, I know I can be a douche bag, I admit it! sometimes I look back and say wow that was really gay, but hey, this is the internet, not real life, I don't know you people so it really doesn't bother me, this is the one place i can let out on my frustration of what happens up there at sno,

Nick I was referring to being a dick in the gear section but you really are lucky finding a job you love, I have a good, safe, and well paying job that i went to college for but I don't really enjoy it.

and seriously sno rider, your a bitch..

Edited by davieclauss

Hey Dave, your right those instructors shitz are weak, I bought a pass too and it seriously pisses me off when an entire pack of them are standing in front of a head wall goin one at a time or in front of the lift when your trying to get off the chair, its really an inconvience, and hey, i paid to be hear why do i have to wate in line because 15 of them have to get on the lift at the same time, there not even working, yet they act like they own the mountain.

Anyone who complains about them opening only on the weekend are babys and should stop crying

and anyone who complains about them opening that dont even go to snow are assholes

I know dave, i played hockey with him, you don't want to get him mad...

so nick i don't get the "Yet" remark, quite lame dude yeah like pasr is gonna gang up on dave and kick his ass? i'll back him up you know

he does have some knowledge about this shit and heas honest he is'nt like this in person

I think I know who Sno rider is and yeah, he is a bitch.

its james... you should remember me, nick is kinda right tho dude maby you shouldent be a dick so much, what happens when you go to pasr day at sno and everybody hates you, it wouldent be a fun time...

my friends still talk about that fight your senior year. dave upercut a guy in the guts and he literaly got lifted off the ice onto his back.

and im almost defiantly sure sno rider works at sno

hey yall, I'm going to go ahead and weigh in and say perhaps we should all follow "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." If you don't like what someone has said, no problem, just ignore it. Why waste time responding to it? If you think the other person is dumb or ignorant, than don't waste your time replying. Furthermore, if you don't like the way a mountain is acting, then just don't go there.

if ski would come back this would be prime...

nothing better than a ski and papa battle.

Seriously, would you rather me be quiet and boring or be "the biggest flaming tool ever" and bring some entertainment?

Even if you hate me you know you still love to see what i say...

You don't bring any entertainment though. I like a good flame battle but your stuff is so weak its not even worth reading.

You're right, Papa/ski battles were hilarious because Ski knew what he was talking about and Papa knew what he was talking about and there was history that made the subtle digs really great and they were arguing over an ideological difference that was never going away. Who are you argueing with? What are you argueing over? It looks like you are just insulting Nick for no reason & having a strawman argument with the instructors.

Your stuff basically boils down to "I'm cool, your an idiot, fuck yea". It's doesn't have any entertainment value for anyone else but you, its just childish. I'd rather you never posted again if thats all you are going to do, Realize that PASR isn't newschoolers, TGR, or snowboard.com with 50,000 members. We're a group of a few hundred that post, with a few dozen that actually meets up and skis together so its a lot less of an anonymous board than you think. Only about 30% of the posts are written by people that I don't remember having read a post from before. I lot I know only through PASR but still, with a small board you build up an impression about someone just the way you would in real life.

You obviously know what is going on at Sno, so contribute something from that front and then people will actually start taking you seriously.

Why do all the flames happen in the Sno and Bear Creek forums now?

Listen I'm pissed off because of the ski instructors and what happened last weekend with her running over my board and the big pack of them crowding the tops of headwalls taking up the entire slope, i'm not the only one whose pissed off because of that dude and i feel thats a legit thing to bring up, you weren't there, you don't know.

I'm being obnoxious because sno rider is a bitch, made up a new screen name just to tell me i was the biggest flaming tool ever, i'm calling him out on it because even though its true, i think he should man up to it and at least tell me who he is, its not that i want to fight him or anything, its just that he is probably someone i know up there and by him doing that its like he's talking behind my back and it really pisses me off, what if someone at work was saying shit about you in public and you didn't know who they were, wouldn't you want to know there identity?

if the shit's not worth reading, why are you reading and responding to it? I don't know what a strawman argument is, and i already apologized to nick, plus there was conversing in the gear forum a while ago that leads up to this so it wasn't out of no where, and the whole "the office" thing was like look at me I know hollywood and you people are stupid, i'm pretty sure we all know how it works and I do love that show, plus he said they "never looked back" which to me seamed like an insult to scranton, they do come back for conventions and shit all the time which is the reason i said "no shit"

maybe its all just because for the last two years i worked my ass off when i worked, worked harder than everybody around me, i was called an overachiever, I was up at the mountain at 6:45 every saturday morning even earlier than the boss, and still only getting 3 days of work a week, being treated like cattle being a lifty, volunteering to work double shifts, maybe it was because all that time i worked my ass off and never got noticed and now that i'm not working for them i can say whatever i want, and there's just a ton of shit pent up inside...

idk

maybe its all just because for the last two years i worked my ass off when i worked, worked harder than everybody around me, i was called an overachiever, I was up at the mountain at 6:45 every saturday morning even earlier than the boss, and still only getting 3 days of work a week, being treated like cattle being a lifty, volunteering to work double shifts, maybe it was because all that time i worked my ass off and never got noticed and now that i'm not working for them i can say whatever i want, and there's just a ton of shit pent up inside...

idk

ohh dude thats deep i can kinda see why you just let loose the last couple days, but you don't have to take it out on everyone else, your really starting to piss people off...