08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

Its alot harder then just saying ohh lets have park passes. I know that the idea is constantly tossed around to management etc. at the mtn, but its a difficult thing to put in motion...well not super difficult, but alot harder then saying oh lets have park passes. I think for starters the race team needs to be reprimanded by somebody higher up in charge. Since they are affiliated with the mtn they should be setting a good example, not being the stem of alot of the problems.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

park passes would be cool but are unlikely and just remember you get more bees with honey. try explaining to people why it is dangerous to be in the terrain park and they will most likely listen to what you have to say instead of yelling at them to take their ass and go home gaper, if being reasonable doesnt help then by all means let them get a headstart and when they fall... spray the hell out of them(today was a great day for this)

Today rocked cock the sun was shining and the snow was shredtastic. But really, the park was off the nectar and park crew did a great job. Plus the back country is at it's peak with a whopping 4 inches of real stuff, the back bowl was sick.

Edited by Tyler Durden

park passes would be cool but are unlikely and just remember you get more bees with honey. try explaining to people why it is dangerous to be in the terrain park and they will most likely listen to what you have to say instead of yelling at them to take their ass and go home gaper, if being reasonable doesnt help then by all means let them get a headstart and when they fall... spray the hell out of them(today was a great day for this)

HAHA! i did that once and then got yelled at and stalked! :lol:

conditions this afternoon were near perfect...for those of you that dont know they redid the two middle jumps in black bear...they are both like the second jump used to be but are bigger...its a pretty fun line...but cascade needs something...idk what it is but that park just doesnt have flow or anything in it...and i know im not the only person that feels this way.

Last night the conditions were amazing. The first jumps landing was a LITLE icy.. and the two middle tables that they made bigger really shoot you up!

I had a really hard time making the change from killingtons powder to bear creeks non responsive man made snow.. I just couldn't hit ANYthing right last night. and it seems like nothing flowed right in the park. I"m not sure if thats just me? the transition from Killy to bear.. or the lips just werent right... or what.. but i SUCKED last night.

Idk about you guys,, but the jumps in black bear are CRAP to me right now.. the first one spits me soo weird i can't get anything down on it.. then i never have enough speed for the second and third.. which spit you really weird anyway? is this just me? or do they seem to have no flow and have really weird lips?

Yeah, even though with my professional level skill it is hard to complete jumps if you doing anything but straight airing. They should take one of the table tops out and spread them out a little more.

Or just move the whole park over to Timberline.

Park was decent yesterday, park crew kept it live, but some of the rails were crooked and the handrail at the bottom has the potential to catch an edge for borders, due to its bumpyness from welds I guess.

Someone needs to file the shit out of the single barrel at the bottom of the old half pipe. It's edge catch status right now.

yes! i felt that thing grab in about 5 different spots, and its not even a long rail. the jumps on blackbear seem pretty worthless/tiny/awkward, but the jumps in the tubing line are really fun, especially the bottom hit.

yes! i felt that thing grab in about 5 different spots, and its not even a long rail. the jumps on blackbear seem pretty worthless/tiny/awkward, but the jumps in the tubing line are really fun, especially the bottom hit.

they were rebuild since you were last there i think but i think they need to be rebuilt again with a consistent lip/landing.