08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

well since nobody has started a setup/park conditions report, i figured i would. Conditions tonight were pretty good. Snow was fairly soft and lips weren't too bad. There is a new small hip on the left side at the top of cascade. My only complaint with bears setup is that the little jump where the halfpipe used to be seems like either the tabletop need to be shortened or the lip needs to be bigger.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean about the jump. it just seemed like there wasn't enough of a down ramp. it just was kinda slowly slanted down from the kicker... idk. but it was still pretty cool.

i think my only complaint was some of the set up.. i wanted to hit the jump then hit the A frame, and i couldn't hit the jump and then get enough speed for the A frame.. especially if i wrecked :-X but even if i didnt...

but it was still really good. i can't wait till they can get more snow down!

I know what you mean about the jump. it just seemed like there wasn't enough of a down ramp. it just was kinda slowly slanted down from the kicker... idk. but it was still pretty cool.

i think my only complaint was some of the set up.. i wanted to hit the jump then hit the A frame, and i couldn't hit the jump and then get enough speed for the A frame.. especially if i wrecked :-X but even if i didnt...

but it was still really good. i can't wait till they can get more snow down!

why would the landing need to be longer when its that small of a jump?

and you shouldnt go from the jump to the a frame cause ive been cut off plenty of times by the fruits that do that same b/s.

well since nobody has started a setup/park conditions report, i figured i would. Conditions tonight were pretty good. Snow was fairly soft and lips weren't too bad. There is a new small hip on the left side at the top of cascade. My only complaint with bears setup is that the little jump where the halfpipe used to be seems like either the tabletop need to be shortened or the lip needs to be bigger.

That jump was set up as a last minute thing and is in no way a "permanent" thing. I left at 5:30 in the morning on sunday from setting up and the jump still wasnt pushed together, so it was done probably not to long before opening. Im sure with this new quantity of snow andy will have bigger plans for the halfpipe are, its a nice little spot and it would be cool to get maybe a rhythm section or something going through there. Keep the critiques coming though guys, its the only way we will know what you guys want out of the parks and what needs to be changed up etc.

why would the landing need to be longer when its that small of a jump?

I never said the landing needed to be longer.. what i ment is that the it was more of just a graduall slant from the kicker. it shoulda been a steeper down ramp closer to the kicker... if that makes sense..

but oh well screw it, its not perminant and it was pretty fun for the first week of opening..

and you shouldnt go from the jump to the a frame cause ive been cut off plenty of times by the fruits that do that same b/s.

And i know, i didn't do that... I was just saying i wanted to hit both of them. and because of the way it was set up, i couldn't. So i thought they shouldn't been set up a little better... but i guess i gotta hit the jump the one run, and the a frame the other run...

Its all good B)

coditions tonight weren't too good. they actually had more snow than i thought they might, but it was real icy and the rails/boxes were all super sticky. I only stayed for 45 minutes because conditons weren't too good and i have other things to do.

Edited by K2rider

tonight was icy but i was happy to see that the mountain did have snow left... looks like some good blowing coming up this weekend should be nice

park is still legit. saw park crew fix ever feature atleast once when i was there

Constructive criticism.. Getting my pass scanned EVERY run? it seemed like even the liftys were getting pissed about it.. i can see them trying to get most people but they get everyone every run and if your pass doesn't scan in time you don't make it on the lift... i'm not trying to be a dick but it just seems a little excessive

what are other peoples thoughts about this?

its a ride on's with kinks make no sense

Its not supposed to be a ride on, but with that rail sitting almost directly under the tower gun, its a little tough to keep that lip and rail in nice shape. when it was first cut it wasnt a ride on, plus theres not to much you can do with that as its set up, you cant really make an urban fdf, just doesnt work out.