your ski boots

Shadows

15 members have voted

1. 1. how well do your boots fit?

• excellent dude
    • ok
    • mine are wack

Its stuff like this that makes me a little apprehensive about trying to make the crossover this year.

I skied when I was young, then switched to snowboarding. I've been back to skiing for at least 6 years now I think, and I wouldn't go back :)

But it's like cars...You sacrifice comfort for performance. The only car that balances both perfectly is a Corvette C6.

:ph34r:

i hope you realize the big slimy can of worms that one just opened up...

Haha.

Hey for my 2 cents, the seats in my dad's Corvette are amazing, definitely the most comfortable seats ever. As for performance, you can't help but have a shit eating grin when you drive it.

I think ski boots can be made comfortable but there is a sense of masochism among expert skiers where painful supposedly equals performance whether or not that is true, and that was true at one point but today with the way skis are shaped I don't believe that to be the case. A lot of great skiers I know are rocking supposedly softer "comfort" boots over the Langes and the Nordicas and ripping it up just as well as those guys, despite having a "soft" boot or whatever you want to call them.

Well thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm not really looking for a performance boot I guess, I'll probably go the route of rentals for a few times. The only reason I'm even going to skiing is because Tussey is such a joke of a mountain I made a deal with some people that when we went the snowboarders would learn how to ski and the skiers would learn how to snowboard.

There are only so many times you can bomb 350 verts and slide a flat box before you want a little more thrill