Stratton Bus Trip leaving from NYC area. Think it's worth $95?

TT C6

I was e-mailed this trip info from a group I am a member of. Although I'm in Philly, I could take a train up to NYC to get the bus or just drive there and park at the bus pick up. What do you all think? Is it worth the $95? Or, is it better just to dirve up yourself? I prefer to carpool up with a few people and ride 2 days, but I posted this for some discussion.

http://www.methodboardshop.com/bustrip/

Thanks for making it out to the 2nd bus trip. We got snowed on all day long. Most of us got some backcounty style powder riding. If you have any pictures, please share it with us. You can Email/Blog/Facebook. Click Here for Facebook Link.

Next trip, will be the 3rd trip this season and the first time out for the New Year. Cheers, come join us on January 4th!!! ON 01-04-2009, we will be heading to Stratton MT for some good snow, some good times and some drinks. Space is limited so reserve your spot today. Please arrive by 5:00am. We will have breakfast waiting for you. Fresh Hot bagels, you know its good.

Map and Directions

When: Sunday, Jan 4th

Meet Time: 5:00AM & Estimated Finish Time: 8:00PM

Meetup Location: 1550 Lemoine Ave, Fort Lee, NJ 07024

Destination: Stratton MT, Vermont, 05360

Method Bus Ticket

ONE Adult Lift Ticket

& Round Trip Bus Ride

Cost $95

Edited by TT C6

If you're just looking for a day trip this seems pretty good to me. I would imagine that it would be pretty tough to do an up and back with single day lift ticket for any cheaper, and the fact that you don't have to drive is a big plus.

Nice find TTC6 :thumb

That seems like a long day for just one day of riding. I think a 2 day trip would be preferred. Driving there in the a.m. probably wouldn't be too bad, but I'd be concerned that I were too tired to drive from NYC back to Philadelphia in the evenign after such a long day. Otherwise, it sounds like a good deal.

Sounds like a good deal, there's somebody at buckman's that organizes bustrips as well. "Banchi" tours.

Here's another board you can solicit for rides and rentals.

http://www.phillyblog.com/philly/manayunk-...765-skiing.html

Here's the Banchi tours link:

http://www.banchi.com/winter/shopspecials/index.asp

Sounds like a good deal, there's somebody at buckman's that organizes bustrips as well. "Banchi" tours.

Here's another board you can solicit for rides and rentals.

http://www.phillyblog.com/philly/manayunk-...765-skiing.html

Here's the Banchi tours link:

http://www.banchi.com/winter/shopspecials/index.asp

Thanks for posting Moe. A bunch of people form our group did that Killington trip. But, $360 for a bus ride, 2 lift tix, and a room shared with a stranger seemed a little high for me. DO you agree?

When we do out own private trips to Vermont, we can usually do everything for $200 a person for the weekend (2 tix, room w/own bed & travel) and stay in the better hotel.

I just did stratton with my son on the 22nd-23rd...

2 days lift ticket for both of us...

Room at the inn at stratton for 2 nights

$275 after taxes/fees..

check out there packages on their website they have some good deals...

www.stratton.com

See. That's what I'm talking about! Even when you factor in your travel costs, it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

I did EVERY bus trip offered one season. After doing the math, the last month of that season a friend and I did those same trips ourselves for $200 a weekend instead of $360.

Thanks for posting Moe. A bunch of people form our group did that Killington trip. But, $360 for a bus ride, 2 lift tix, and a room shared with a stranger seemed a little high for me. DO you agree?

When we do out own private trips to Vermont, we can usually do everything for $200 a person for the weekend (2 tix, room w/own bed & travel) and stay in the better hotel.

150+ is for lift tix, 210 for 2 nites and transportation, no wear and tear, drink on the ride up and back, bring a lady friend or invite one of the 150+ strong to bunk with. Doesn't sound unreasonable for midseason at Kmart. Once you get involved in a group dynamic, it's tough to personalize the trip to your own likes and dislikes. Kinda ties in with your carpool dilemna when the majority wants to ski other hills.

Now the question I need to ask myself is this: What's worse? The 10 hour roundtrip drive to Vermont everyweekend or all the abuse I get on PASR trying to do PA trips. :lol:

Sometime, I think I was better off doing VT every weekend. But, that girl and I aren't "friends" anymore. Now, we are "just friends". :lol:

150+ is for lift tix, 210 for 2 nites and transportation, no wear and tear, drink on the ride up and back, bring a lady friend or invite one of the 150+ strong to bunk with. Doesn't sound unreasonable for midseason at Kmart. Once you get involved in a group dynamic, it's tough to personalize the trip to your own likes and dislikes. Kinda ties in with your carpool dilemna when the majority wants to ski other hills.

I heary ya, but I don't want to ride the mountains on those bus schedules. I like the jump lines at Mt Snow and JFBB. Most importantly, I like the cost and distance of JFBB much better.

Edited by TT C6

I just did stratton with my son on the 22nd-23rd...

2 days lift ticket for both of us...

Room at the inn at stratton for 2 nights

$275 after taxes/fees..

check out there packages on their website they have some good deals...

www.stratton.com

It's called pre-season, that's why we did 3 VT tours before Xmas. Those prices are gone.

It's called pre-season, that's why we did 3 VT tours before Xmas. Those prices are gone.

I haven;t checked priced in a long time, but we got those same prices mid-season in years past.

US Open weekend last year, we spent $65 a head for our house and I got my own bed and room. There are deals to be had if people can put aside their differences and work together.

The bus trips are a little expensive, but I think the whole not having to drive thing is huge.

Being able to sleep/drink/bullshit instead of drive is definitely worth something.

Additionally with the banchi trips, you get two breakfasts, and a dinner.

I think I crunched the numbers and it was coming out to be like $40 overpriced.

However the recession could be a factor. The first banchi bus trip to okemo is supposed to be in a week or two, but it has pretty much been canceled because of lack of interest. Who knows how the rest of the season will play out. I was planning on hitting a couple of the trips though.

I haven;t checked priced in a long time, but we got those same prices mid-season in years past.

US Open weekend last year, we spent $65 a head for our house and I got my own bed and room. There are deals to be had if people can put aside their differences and work together.

Wasn't that mid or end of March? That's almost spring rates, I have no idea if that's a good deal since I haven't shopped Stratton rates and packages. But 65/pp for a coupla nites is a good price. I try to find a liftpass/room deal for under a 100/day as a benchmark.

Correction: 2 trips.

Additionally with the banchi trips, you get two breakfasts, and a dinner.

I think I crunched the numbers and it was coming out to be like $40 overpriced.

YOu sure about dinner?

There are a max of 2 beds in a room. How many people in a room are you using to come up with your figure?

. I try to find a liftpass/room deal for under a 100/day as a benchmark.

$100 a day TOTAL, or less, has been my benchmark as well. :)

YOu sure about dinner?

There are a max of 2 beds in a room. How many people in a room are you using to come up with your figure?

$100 a day TOTAL, or less, has been my benchmark as well. :)

I only went on one last year to stowe. There were four of us in a room, I knew everyone so sharing beds wasnt so much of an issue. The room was at the golden eagle, and others were at the commodores. Commodores was the nicer of the two, but I heard there were some incidents with some of the guests getting a little crazy. I was in the golden eagle, and while it was nothing special it was acceptable, we had no problems, and breakfast was fantastic. Although its tough to have a crappy breakfast in vt with all that tasty syrup around. In any case there was indeed a dinner buffet that was held at the commodores and they transported us there.

Wrong... Prices are still the same at Stratton just checked now..

http://www.stratton.com/deals/hot-deals/index.htm

Obviously there are blackout dates and mid-week is always going to be cheaper no matter what resort you go to.

Wrong... Prices are still the same at Stratton just checked now..

http://www.stratton.com/deals/hot-deals/index.htm

Obviously there are blackout dates and mid-week is always going to be cheaper no matter what resort you go to.

Ssounds like Stratton is a good value then, places in MRV jacked their package rates after we left for holiday and mid season.

Ssounds like Stratton is a good value then, places in MRV jacked their package rates after we left for holiday and mid season.

Yeah they have some really good ski and stay packages.... The trick is that you should goto manchester ctr. to eat though and bring snax with you cause the food is definitely resort prices. However Bentley's (inside the inn at stratton) has a burger and beer special for $11 on Sunday nights.. (2 kinds of long trail draft for beer choice) which isn't bad..

Also the village is a ghost town after the mountain closes.