afternoon and morning lift tickets?

am476

I was just wondering if Camelback got rid of their options to get a lift ticket for just the morning or just the afternoon. Online, I only see the option of getting a ticket for the entire day or for nights on weekdays.

Thanks.

I was at CB right before Christmas and they only sell Open-to-Close tickets (in addition to the night tix.)

Seems to be the way places are going <_< .

Season Passes FTW!

But anyways, they replaced those tickets with other obtions such as dicount cards and what not which are very worth looking into if you ride a fair amount but not enough for a pass to be worth it.

Season Passes FTW!

But anyways, they replaced those tickets with other obtions such as dicount cards and what not which are very worth looking into if you ride a fair amount but not enough for a pass to be worth it.

Yeah, the Discount Card is VERY worth it if you plan on going to Camelback at least 3 times this year. Really makes up for the lack of options in tickets.

Thanks for the heads up on the discount card. I'll consider it.

I ended up finding out for myself that they got rid of the morning and afternoon options. I was pretty disappointed in this since I normally just go skiing for about 4 hours and then head home. I can't remember the last time I've stayed from open to close anywhere. I understand that Camelback may have taken a hit the last few seasons due to the warm weather and increased operating cosets. However, I'm not sure why in this economy, anyone would not only raise their prices, but also eliminate their cheaper options. And driving in and seeing a mostly empty "preferred parking" are that costs $15 was an extra kick in the b&lls.

And to add to this rant, I went to Camelback on Sunday with my girlfriend who happens to be an intermediate skier. So we were disappointed to see an entire section of green trails closed for people who have park passes. I'm glad that they seem to have made improvements to the park, but it's to the detriment of many people who don't ski or ride in the park. For her, Camelback became significantly smaller with fewer options for a green/blue trail skier.

I normally defend Camelback when there are constant complaints lobbed at the place. However, this is the wrong time to nickel and dime their customers. Like I said, I'll consider the discount card if it's really worth it for someone who works and lives in Central Jersey and for the most part can only make it out on Saturday mornings. Otherwise, I will head to Vermont more often and probably not come to Camelback as often as I used to (if at all).

, anyone would not only raise their prices, but also eliminate their cheaper options. And driving in and seeing a mostly empty "preferred parking" are that costs $15 was an extra kick in the b&lls.

And to add to this rant, I went to Camelback on Sunday with my girlfriend who happens to be an intermediate skier. So we were disappointed to see an entire section of green trails closed for people who have park passes. I'm glad that they seem to have made improvements to the park, but it's to the detriment of many people who don't ski or ride in the park. For her, Camelback became significantly smaller with fewer options for a green/blue trail skier.

And while we're at it, how about the elimination of the locker room space and making it into a rental center. Maybe I'm mistaken but are all the lockers now outdoors? Makes for a real comfortable time getting into your boots on extremely cold days.

Ski Blue..they have morning tickets and is an easy drive to central NJ..alot of former Camelback skiers and riders have seen the light and the light is Blue..

Actually, I guess I'm more North Jersey now (recently moved). Because of this, Blue is significantly further away than Camelback. Camelback is about 1hr 15 min away while Blue is about 2 hrs away. Otherwise, I always liked Blue despite my feeling that their # of trails is limited (30 trails is inflated by the fact that they count their tiny connecting trails).

And I noticed that the lockers are outside, too. This may be the dumbest move of all. I can't wait for my gym to make this same move (although it might make the creepy old men who enjoy walking and sitting around for 30 or 40 minutes in the nude think twice when it's cold out).

Well, with all of the observations of the negative changes at C'back in this thread, it is obvious that the mountain has been taken over by a profit-motivated corporation. Further, I don't see that there is any hint of a crumb of consideration being given to lontg-time loyal C'back snow sport activity consumers. I think that the announcement of the 400+ room grand hotel & indoor water park was the warning of the coming change! I very tempted to try Blue, but am concerned that the stolen equipment & car break-in reports I see in the local paper are only the tip of the iceberg.

... I very tempted to try Blue, but am concerned that the stolen equipment & car break-in reports I see in the local paper are only the tip of the iceberg.

Checked out the thread on this on the Blue Mt. page. Now, I'm all for stringing up the perps from mid-tower of the 6 pack, but from reading the news accounts it seems to me that the folks who got ripped-off may have brought it on themselves.

1) Wouldn't surprise me if they left their valuables in plain sight. Very rarely would anyone looking to steal break into cars randomly and start looking for valuables. Takes too much time. They just want to smash and grab. Working in Center City I see this all the time. People leave a purse/wallet/camera on the seat or the floor and next thing you know the car window is shattered and the stuff is gone.

2) Patrons are warned not to leave their gear unattended or unlocked.

3) Perhaps additional security patrols and/or cams in the parking areas would be a deterent?

If you hide your valuables, use the lockers, leave the expensive stuff at home or keep it with you, there shouldn't be any concern.

Well, with all of the observations of the negative changes at C'back in this thread, it is obvious that the mountain has been taken over by a profit-motivated corporation. Further, I don't see that there is any hint of a crumb of consideration being given to lontg-time loyal C'back snow sport activity consumers. I think that the announcement of the 400+ room grand hotel & indoor water park was the warning of the coming change! I very tempted to try Blue, but am concerned that the stolen equipment & car break-in reports I see in the local paper are only the tip of the iceberg.

go to Blue, we'll show you around. you wont have any problems with your stuff getting nabbed unless you are stupid about it.

First, thanx to the snow sport activity consumers from Blue for the "support". I'd often wondered over the items that were reported as stolen from cars in the parking lots; "operator error" (stupidity) seemed to explain some of them.

Second, I have further thoughts on this season's changes at C'back: many are aimed at not only increasing revenue, sometimes in an obvious way, sometimes not, but others are cost-cutters.

1. By opening later in the am, some staff hours can go from full-time to part-time.

2. Cameltop closed on weekdays :angry: means less staff needed & perhaps more food sold at the base lodge.

3. Open-to-close tickets only & hour later opening: perhaps people will stay longer & go in for lunch instead of going home when they are done for the morning.

4. Is it just me, or are there fewer Rangers & Ski Patrol than in previous years?

5. Food discount for pass holders might entice some to spend more money on the mountain, than going elsewhere.

Third, I wonder if the Open-to-Close tickets will produce an increase in accidents: "I've paid for this time & damn it, I'm going to ski for as long as I've paid for, even though I'm too tired or drunk to realize that I'm a danger."

Fourth, I will say that after being there today, the new management seems to be more interested (dedicated?) in making snow beyond what I have come to expect as "full coverage". This is a good thing.

Last, I do resent that about 1/3 of the mountain in closed to skiiers. Specifically, the Oak Grove - Turkey Trot - Moore's Ramble terrain area. It used to be an area that was a safe place for "families" & newbies. I was rather upset that this morning the whole area was UNUSED until about noon & then I only saw a few people in it.

Oh well, I gues we're going to have to get the mind set thate we are now skiing a "Destination Resort"!

First, thanx to the snow sport activity consumers from Blue for the "support". I'd often wondered over the items that were reported as stolen from cars in the parking lots; "operator error" (stupidity) seemed to explain some of them.

Second, I have further thoughts on this season's changes at C'back: many are aimed at not only increasing revenue, sometimes in an obvious way, sometimes not, but others are cost-cutters.

1. By opening later in the am, some staff hours can go from full-time to part-time.

2. Cameltop closed on weekdays :angry: means less staff needed & perhaps more food sold at the base lodge.

3. Open-to-close tickets only & hour later opening: perhaps people will stay longer & go in for lunch instead of going home when they are done for the morning.

4. Is it just me, or are there fewer Rangers & Ski Patrol than in previous years?

5. Food discount for pass holders might entice some to spend more money on the mountain, than going elsewhere.

Third, I wonder if the Open-to-Close tickets will produce an increase in accidents: "I've paid for this time & damn it, I'm going to ski for as long as I've paid for, even though I'm too tired or drunk to realize that I'm a danger."

Fourth, I will say that after being there today, the new management seems to be more interested (dedicated?) in making snow beyond what I have come to expect as "full coverage". This is a good thing.

Last, I do resent that about 1/3 of the mountain in closed to skiiers. Specifically, the Oak Grove - Turkey Trot - Moore's Ramble terrain area. It used to be an area that was a safe place for "families" & newbies. I was rather upset that this morning the whole area was UNUSED until about noon & then I only saw a few people in it.

Oh well, I gues we're going to have to get the mind set thate we are now skiing a "Destination Resort"!

The park pass lift and area really dosnt take that much away from camelbacks freeriding. Its for the safety of the familys even though they may not like it theres nothing more dangerous than a little kid sitting on the landing of a jump waiting or watching in the wrong spot for the kid and for the park rider. I consider it a big improvement for Camelback in quality of the park and safety for others.

The other noticeable effect that the park creates is less snowboard/twin tipper traffic on some of the higher travel easier trails (Birches, Julius Caesar, Meadows, Glade, etc.). The "Park" traffic seems to stay in the park once they get there. They don't have to ride all over the place, every run just to get there. It has made a big difference and should make those mentioned trails a little less intimidating for beginners.

The other noticeable effect that the park creates is less snowboard/twin tipper traffic on some of the higher travel easier trails (Birches, Julius Caesar, Meadows, Glade, etc.). The "Park" traffic seems to stay in the park once they get there. They don't have to ride all over the place, every run just to get there. It has made a big difference and should make those mentioned trails a little less intimidating for beginners.

What I meant to convey was that last Friday am I saw NO boarders nor twin tippers in the "Rhodo-Oak Grove" terrain area, but they seemed to be EVERYWHERE else, exactly where I was. My point was, why block off that much of the mountain if it's not being used?

What I meant to convey was that last Friday am I saw NO boarders nor twin tippers in the "Rhodo-Oak Grove" terrain area, but they seemed to be EVERYWHERE else, exactly where I was. My point was, why block off that much of the mountain if it's not being used?

It's definately being used, you just don't see swarms of people comming down its actually pretty busy weekday nights. Reason being it may look empty everyones in a line on their way down taking turns hitting each feature stopping at each feature. Otherwise maybe the conditions were really bad that night because it was so warm during the day that people werent riding park?

Are you the ski patroller on a snowboard I seen hitting the turkey trot jump line and c-box from the lift on friday? :)

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

It's definately being used, you just don't see swarms of people comming down its actually pretty busy weekday nights. Reason being it may look empty everyones in a line on their way down taking turns hitting each feature stopping at each feature. Otherwise maybe the conditions were really bad that night because it was so warm during the day that people werent riding park?

Are you the ski patroller on a snowboard I seen hitting the turkey trot jump line and c-box from the lift on friday? :)

No, I am a paying "guest" who pays to ski during the daylight hours & still resents the percentage of the mountain that's been given over to un- and/or under-used terrain parks. Further, I rode up with another snow sport activity consumer who said that she made FOUR attempts to get a park pass and that on all four times the Glen Lodge was closed! So, I'll continue to be unhappy with the current set up.

Ski Blue..they have morning tickets and is an easy drive to central NJ..alot of former Camelback skiers and riders have seen the light and the light is Blue..

Consider the source when reading the above post.

I think if you want to ride park, BB is the spot.

I think if you want to freeride, Blue's long runs and fast lifts are great.

But, I think Blue's snowmaking and grooming suck when compared to JFBB.

We used to be an Elk Family, but with the 2 little kids that can never be controlled, it was hard to get out of the house early to get an AM ticket. The kids could only hang for about 4 hours. This is one of the reasons we switched to Sno because of the 4 hour ticket. If my kids are slow, I don't find myself screaming at them. I try to keep the screaming at work only.

All of the mountains in PA have their good parts and bad, but i wish they all had the 4 hour ticket.

We used to be an Elk Family, but with the 2 little kids that can never be controlled, it was hard to get out of the house early to get an AM ticket. The kids could only hang for about 4 hours. This is one of the reasons we switched to Sno because of the 4 hour ticket. If my kids are slow, I don't find myself screaming at them. I try to keep the screaming at work only.

All of the mountains in PA have their good parts and bad, but i wish they all had the 4 hour ticket.

You sound like a great parent. :)

It must take a lot of patience to bring your kids to the mountain. :)

My folks only took me once as a kid and I'm sure they will appreciate you for taking them when they are older. :)

Consider the source when reading the above post.

I think if you want to ride park, BB is the spot.

I think if you want to freeride, Blue's long runs and fast lifts are great.

But, I think Blue's snowmaking and grooming suck when compared to JFBB.

The worst part about Blue is their grooming and snow making. Yes they can blanket the trails, but they hire groomers who don't ski or board, and groom WAY to fast. Only take one pass on each trail, and leave gaps between grooming tracks. Their grooming used to be one of the best in PA, but with Ray Tuthills passing, and his daughter taking over, she doesn't know how to run a mountain efficiently, and to the standards of long time season pass holders like Doug or Jeff....

You sound like a great parent. :)

It must take a lot of patience to bring your kids to the mountain. :)

My folks only took me once as a kid and I'm sure they will appreciate you for taking them when they are older. :)

TT C6

your a changed man. 3 smiley faces????

Actually, I can't ski very well. I found this site when I was doing research on where to take the kids. I just don't want them growing up afraid of winter, shut ins like a lot of kids.

• 2 weeks later...
The worst part about Blue is their grooming and snow making. Yes they can blanket the trails, but they hire groomers who don't ski or board, and groom WAY to fast. Only take one pass on each trail, and leave gaps between grooming tracks. Their grooming used to be one of the best in PA, but with Ray Tuthills passing, and his daughter taking over, she doesn't know how to run a mountain efficiently, and to the standards of long time season pass holders like Doug or Jeff....

When did the former owner pass away? I haven't been out to Blue for a few years. But I always remembered that they did a great job grooming and they respectable conditions even in the toughest/warmest winters.