Banff Trip

moe ghoul

I just got off the phone with my friend who found out he can't get into Canada for the Banff trip 1/31-2/7. He's calling the Trip leader to figure out what to do right now, is there a waiting list to replace him, etc. I'm floating this out here in the event that anyone might be interested in going and could buy out his trip, possibly at a discount. The trip includes 7 nites at 2 Fairmont hotels, 5 day lift passes with the ability to get a 6th day for 56$, roundtrip airfare outta Philly and buffet bfast, along with a few ski club receptions and other little freebies. IF you want to check out the locations were skiing go to: www.skibig3.com Cost of the trip: $1708

I would bet past arrest..

DUI. He gets his license back on the 17th, but apparently Canadian customs has a clenched up sphincter for the smallest infractions these days. He coulda spent another 3 grand to try to get in, but how stupid is that? That's a lot of skitrips out west or in up north in the US. I still plan on going, but if there is a couple on the waiting list that wants to take our places, I'll drop out and go to Jhole :)

Since sometime after 9/11. I don't know the particulars, but apparently they have access to criminal history thru NCIC or some other data base. Prolly a reciprocal agreement due to large numbers of cross border activity. I never looked into the details since I got a clean record...:)

You can't enter Canada if you have a recent Felony on your record. It seems pretty pricey as well..$1700 for 5 days of skiing..but it is in luxury lodging..If I wasn't going to Jackson at the same time..I'd try to buy that spot at some sort of a discount..as I've never skied Alberta.

It's 7 nites, 5 day lift passes since some people gaper out and go shopping or some other activity instead of skiing all 6 days. The sixth day ski pass is available. When you add in all the BS taxes and take into account it's top flight accomodations, all transportation provided, a bombastic breakfast buffet each day, its a very reasonable price. That's the downside of club trips, you can't negotiate for less to save money.

Since sometime after 9/11. I don't know the particulars, but apparently they have access to criminal history thru NCIC or some other data base. Prolly a reciprocal agreement due to large numbers of cross border activity. I never looked into the details since I got a clean record...:)

Bingo - Here's the real kicker too, its arrests not convictions.

Therefore if you were arrested on a DUI 10 years ago and lets just say the cop fucked up and said you blew a .10 but in reality it was a .01, judge figures this all out and throws that shit out the window. Your still fucked at the Canadian boarder because all they know is you were arrested for DUI. Apparently you can file for a permit but it can take years and is crazy expensive.

My record is clean but this shit has to change, Whistler alone is loosing lots of $$$.

If you go to Jackson Hole between January 24th and February 2nd, I'll be there....good lodging specials through Central reservations..book 3 nights, get one free...so you can stay 8 nights for the price of 6 nights..It's mad steezy that you found a couple to take your spot..sucks though for you because just yesterday you were saying how psyched you were about your trip..

I was psyched to go to somewhere new with real mountains, that'll still happen, plenty of Rockies south of the canadian border if we wanna tap that! :) The only thing that's bumming me out is the gaping hole in my ski itinerary.

Call this # (800) 443-6931..Jackson Hole Central Reservations...with the $$$$ you save you can go snowcat skiing at Togwatee pass..

http://www.togwoteelodge.com/winter/snowcat-skiing/index.cfm

I just emailed info for a ski n stay pkg about 45 minutes ago on

http://www.jacksonhole.net/customskivacationplanner.htm :D

I'm heading out to Colorado to hit Steamboat on the 25th, Copper the 26th, and Winter Park on the 27th (using the powpowplatter pass one day at each for $99 total)

Going to shred some gnar with the CO Pasr's if you interested in that or if you going to be out there around then I can re-arrange the days except for steamboat as I'm heading there first then working my way back towards the airport..

I'm heading out to Colorado to hit Steamboat on the 25th, Copper the 26th, and Winter Park on the 27th (using the powpowplatter pass one day at each for $99 total)

Going to shred some gnar with the CO Pasr's if you interested in that or if you going to be out there around then I can re-arrange the days except for steamboat as I'm heading there first then working my way back towards the airport..

My wife's bday is on the 27th. "Hey, Honey, I'm blowin off your birthday cuz I cancelled a skitrip cuz my buddy is a FU for not checking out the legalities of travelling to Canada, so we booked a trip to CO on yer bday to hook up with a PASR I met once and maybe a few more I never met but I'll send ya a postcard"...........Yeah, she'll love that. :wub:

My wife's bday is on the 27th. "Hey, Honey, I'm blowin off your birthday cuz I cancelled a skitrip cuz my buddy is a FU for not checking out the legalities of travelling to Canada, so we booked a trip to CO on yer bday to hook up with a PASR I met once and maybe a few more I never met but I'll send ya a postcard"...........Yeah, she'll love that. :wub:

I was just throwing it out there man... Had no idea it was your wife's b-day, but I hear ya loud and clear..

As a fellow married PASR, I agree if you want to remain married you better avoid blowing off the Mrs. b-day for shizzle...

I was just throwing it out there man... Had no idea it was your wife's b-day, but I hear ya loud and clear..

As a fellow married PASR, I agree if you want to remain married you better avoid blowing off the Mrs. b-day for shizzle...

That's OK, man, I almost forgot it myself. Even deadlier :killyourself: