Least difficult black run at Blue?

Maksim

Thanks for all your help guys. Just an update....

had member for a day passes at Hidden Valley in NJ. Skied the mountain pretty much all day and did hit a few of their black runs. It was in my mind more so than I thought. First few runs just was making big gs style carved turns, then just started carving through a bit faster. Good stuff. Defnitely made skiing more fun and a bit more of a challenge. The runs at Hidden Valley were a bit steeper than what i saw at Blue not including Razor's and Challenge headwalls. Felt good and confident. Thanks guys.

LOL..I don't even think it's 22-23 degrees and Razors looks flat to me..especially when I return from a trip to Jackson Hole where it would be an easy Blue..

Maybe I am being generous :)

The hardest thing about Razors is the initial drop off and thats all mental. Over the lip and its just fun from there...

I remember last season I looked over The Falls and thought no way...this is imposibly steep... Last week I thought it looked flat. I was even dissapointed I didnt have enough room to turn on it before it was over...

Maybe I am being generous :)

The hardest thing about Razors is the initial drop off and thats all mental. Over the lip and its just fun from there...

I remember last season I looked over The Falls and thought no way...this is imposibly steep... Last week I thought it looked flat. I was even dissapointed I didnt have enough room to turn on it before it was over...

the only thing falls is good for is popping the lip.

the only thing falls is good for is popping the lip.

Its fun but I stopped doing that a little while ago after nearly plowing into some guy in a power wedge trying his hardest not to die on it from below where I could see. The connector from Lazy Mile brings all sorts of crazies...

Probably for the same reason that Tel star is a diamond at JF, even though it is almost flat....it leads to diamonds and there is no other way out.

This makes sense. Similar thing at Killington...OL Express is a double black even though it's relatively flat or even uphill. It leads into Outer Limits though, so the double black is just a sign of what's to come.

LOL..I don't even think it's 22-23 degrees and Razors looks flat to me..especially when I return from a trip to Jackson Hole where it would be an easy Blue..

It's prob even less than that. Outer Limits at killingtion is only 27. The chutes at Tuckermans are 40-55. Thats when it gets steep.

This makes sense. Similar thing at Killington...OL Express is a double black even though it's relatively flat or even uphill. It leads into Outer Limits though, so the double black is just a sign of what's to come.

isnt OL express the tree run next to outer limits? it seems like its just a connector but i think it dips into the trees...

It's prob even less than that. Outer Limits at killingtion is only 27. The chutes at Tuckermans are 40-55. Thats when it gets steep.

Its hard to tell from themap - but looking at Google Maps' topo map of the area, it looks like it drops 200 feet over about 500 linear feet. This works out to about 21 degrees... rough measurement obviously... OK so its kinda flat :P

that's the least difficult..Justin you shreddin the gnar in Colorado?

I'd like to add to this conversation.. that there are indeed challenging single blacks in PA.

Apparently that poster has never been to Blue Knob.

Stembogan Bowl/Trail/Field

Lower High Hopes

Lower Shortway

Edgeset

These are all difficult single blacks. IMO Lower Shortway should be double black, from the pics I've seen.

David

Edited by Helmet959

I'd like to add to this conversation.. that there are indeed challenging single blacks in PA.

Apparently that poster has never been to Blue Knob.

Stembogan Bowl/Trail/Field

Lower High Hopes

Lower Shortway

Edgeset

These are all difficult single blacks. IMO Lower Shortway should be double black, from the pics I've seen.

David

their should be NO double blacks in PA.

I thought that the point of trail designation was to inform the skiers and riders of the difficulty level for that mountain and not as a standard for all mountains. As someone who is still learning I appreciate that Falls, Challenge, Sasquatch, etc. are designated as blacks so that I can make an informed decision as to what I am capable/ comfortable of skiing on.