Best park in northeast pa.

girls.ride.harder

Best park in northeast pa.  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What park do you like best, THIS YEAR?

• Bear Creek
    • Big Boulder
    • Blue Mountain
    • Camelback
    • Sno Mountain

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i'm not really sure if an equation is the best way to gauge park quality...In my opinion the "best" park is one that caters to the wants and needs of its riders. Right now we've got over 30 features set up, but you never know what may be different on any given day. Freshness matters and we listen to people's opinions every day. Park riders have driven our sport to what it is today, and I believe that the best parks are the ones that are built keeping that in mind.

Rider feedback is what drives the evolution of our parks throughout the season. If you havent come to check things out this year, I suggest you make a trip soon. And if you dont think that we have one of the best parks in the area, let us know why.

-Will

So i'm not really sure if an equation is the best way to gauge park quality...In my opinion the "best" park is one that caters to the wants and needs of its riders. Right now we've got over 30 features set up, but you never know what may be different on any given day. Freshness matters and we listen to people's opinions every day. Park riders have driven our sport to what it is today, and I believe that the best parks are the ones that are built keeping that in mind.

Rider feedback is what drives the evolution of our parks throughout the season. If you havent come to check things out this year, I suggest you make a trip soon. And if you dont think that we have one of the best parks in the area, let us know why.

-Will

Hey Will,

Post some pics man! If I could ride right now I would love to come check out the park, but I can't so I am hoping to swing by next year. In any case, throw some pics on the different message boards. It only takes a few minutes and is a super effective way to attract riders to your park. Almost every park in teh area has about/around 30 features right now, if not more, so it never hurts to provide people with a more in your face reason to come and buy tickets. Not everyone is going to check out Camelback's Web site, as you are trying to rebuild a reputation that in the past has not been as good.

That being said, keep up the good work! I heard nothing but positive things from friends who visited earlier in the season. If things are still on par with what they were, it is definitely commendable that you have seemed to turn things around in less than one season. Best of luck!

-Will

I have been hearing good things about you're park. And the fact that you're listening to riders and changing things quite often IS a plus. i'll be checking out your park the next opertunity i get!

I can't get a vote on big boulder vs. bear, but i have ridden bear's park 30+ days for the past 3 years and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Yeah they have to work with a shitty small mountain and warm temps, but they get their shit together enough to make it awesome. Big boulder I rode 2x last year and loved it, but only really for the jumps. This year I went to camelback and the big jumps were legit. but there was too much open space in that park. They had a few nice jibs. but too many repeated features (aka like 4 flat boxes on the same park). The one thing that really pissed me off was the fact that it took me two hours to get my god damn park pass. For the best things in PA that I have ridden. I would say Bear creek's Jibs and Boulder's jumps. But the best jumps I have hit on the east coast deff goes to Okemo. Hands down

I can't get a vote on big boulder vs. bear, but i have ridden bear's park 30+ days for the past 3 years and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Yeah they have to work with a shitty small mountain and warm temps, but they get their shit together enough to make it awesome. Big boulder I rode 2x last year and loved it, but only really for the jumps. This year I went to camelback and the big jumps were legit. but there was too much open space in that park. They had a few nice jibs. but too many repeated features (aka like 4 flat boxes on the same park). The one thing that really pissed me off was the fact that it took me two hours to get my god damn park pass. For the best things in PA that I have ridden. I would say Bear creek's Jibs and Boulder's jumps. But the best jumps I have hit on the east coast deff goes to Okemo. Hands down

Okemo over Mount Snow ---- what?

Blue is a lot better this year than the last few years. I still scratch my head at some of the jibs (4 foot wide roller coaster box? whats the point?) and I think that their boxes are stickier than others, but everything is maintained very well now, and there is a lot to be said for riding the 6 pack and lapping that many features.

I find it interesting that last year they had a 4 table line, and this year it is 3 step downs in the same spot. I'm not sure which I prefer but thats a great medium sized jump line.

Blue is a lot better this year than the last few years. I still scratch my head at some of the jibs (4 foot wide roller coaster box? whats the point?) and I think that their boxes are stickier than others, but everything is maintained very well now, and there is a lot to be said for riding the 6 pack and lapping that many features.

If someone can hook up season pass holders from other mountain some free passes or ticket deal to try Blue out, I'd be willing to check Blue out again.

I got free tickets from "Kidd Chris" last year that I used to revisit Blue to check out their parks again.

This one guy got nutted on the 4 foot wide Rollercoaster box..the point is that not jibhonks can ride it...and Blue definitely has the best park in northeast PA..

WTF do you know???? :pissed

You don't even ski park! :pissed

It's bad enough we have to read all your BS posts about everything and anything.

But, practice some self control and please refrain from posting in threads which you know NOTHING about.

Your Blue Mountain leg humping crosses the line when you start posting in park related threads.

STOP.

Edited by TT C6

WTF do you know???? :pissed

You don't even ski park! :pissed

It's bad enough we have to read all your BS posts about everything and anything.

But, practice some self control and please refrain from posting in threads which you know NOTHING about.

Your Blue Mountain leg humping crosses the line when you start posting in park related threads.

STOP.

please don't start. when was the last time you skied with Doug at Blue? never. so you dont know if he skis in the park or not. if you don't like what he says, you can just ignore or block him. if that makes it easier for you.

please don't start. when was the last time you skied with Doug at Blue? never. so you dont know if he skis in the park or not. if you don't like what he says, you can just ignore or block him. if that makes it easier for you.

Toast-

Back me up on this one because everyone knows I am making a legitimate point. I have read Doug's posts which clearly states what kind of skiing he does and does not do. People should not be posting in park threads if they don't ride park. I would expect to be called out if I posted in race or ski threads.

Toast-

Back me up on this one because everyone knows I am making a legitimate point. I have read Doug's posts which clearly states what kind of skiing he does and does not do. People should not be posting in park threads if they don't ride park. I would expect to be called out if I posted in race or ski threads.

i understand where you are coming from, but that is his opinion from his point of view. i can't say i agree or disagree with him, but i am just asking you to not call him out or start any problems because of that. like i said before, you can easily ignore him or block him to avoid dealing with that.

i understand where you are coming from, but that is his opinion from his point of view. i can't say i agree or disagree with him, but i am just asking you to not call him out or start any problems because of that. like i said before, you can easily ignore him or block him to avoid dealing with that.

He can't have an opinion because he doe NOT have a point of view. If you all can't see that, then you're not being objective and I'm wasting my time. No worries. I made my point.

This one guy got nutted on the 4 foot wide Rollercoaster box..the point is that not jibhonks can ride it...and Blue definitely has the best park in northeast PA..

how can you nut a 4 foot wide coast box? thats mad funny!

and TT C6

We also skied a run through the park and there are alot of new features since the last time I skied through the Sidewinder Park more than 2 weeks ago.

Even though he may not hit the features.. He does check it out... he knows whats what.. let him have his opinion since you strongly have yours

Edited by boardin_nerd

He can't have an opinion because he doe NOT have a point of view. If you all can't see that, then you're not being objective and I'm wasting my time. No worries. I made my point.

so you're saying that if your not good at park you have no say if the park is good, god you are such a prick about every little thing, get your head out of your ass