Food price increase

trimreaper

A mid season food price increase at Blue? Are you kidding me? Paid an extra 50 cents for a stale cheeseburger last night. When is the madness up there going to stop? When I mentioned it to the bartender, he said the health inspector was there and found a bunch of violations and maybe they were raising the prices to cover fines.

PS Blue...A plasma TV in a moldy smelling room with an empty beer fridge doesnt qualify as a VIP lounge.

Edited by trimreaper

A mid season food price increase at Blue? Are you kidding me? Paid an extra 50 cents for a stale cheeseburger last night. When is the madness up there going to stop? When I mentioned it to the bartender, he said the health inspector was there and found a bunch of violations and maybe they were raising the prices to cover fines.

PS Blue...A plasma TV in a moldy smelling room with an empty beer fridge doesnt qualify as a VIP lounge.

so lets get a pasr keg fund going, fill that thing, and put a combo lock on it. i've found that since they increased the prices for the caf food, its way more cost effective to get food from the bar. pay an extra dollar or so for a sandwich, but its a much better and bigger sandwich than what you get from the caf line. i think i paid like $6 for a pulled pork sandwich with nachos and cheese? not too bad compared to what you'd get for the same price in the caf line.

so lets get a pasr keg fund going, fill that thing, and put a combo lock on it. i've found that since they increased the prices for the caf food, its way more cost effective to get food from the bar. pay an extra dollar or so for a sandwich, but its a much better and bigger sandwich than what you get from the caf line. i think i paid like $6 for a pulled pork sandwich with nachos and cheese? not too bad compared to what you'd get for the same price in the caf line.

I'll buy the first keg.

I do like the pulled pork sandwich, but can do without the sigh and roll of the eyes from the Barkeeps when I order food.

I like the $3 dixie cup Miller Lights that are on special. :P

I heard that movie theaters make a huge portion of their profits from the snacks. I guess too much of the ridiculous $8.50 ticket price goes to the movie companies.

So too maybe these mountains need expensive food prices to help cover the cost of other expenses.. like operating the entire lodge, the overpriced retail store who's only sales come from chapstick, bathrooms, etc.

This place could F up a wet dream. The only thing up there worth eating is the soft pretzels and they switch to some shitty gourmet joint. I'm gonna grill up some food for whoever wants it, free of charge if you're a PASR regular. Look for me in the valley parking lot sunday morning until about 4. I have a green Ford 250. Look forward to seeing whoever shows.

Supply and demand my friend. If your gonna pay it they'll raise it kinda like gas price which helped spark an economic crisis. Bring your own food or take a drive for grub and come back.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I think the chilli has pretty good flavor in the Vista Lodge. Not the same in the Valley

On the other hand, the "lobster" bisque they sell is horrendous. Tasted like heavy cream mixed with a chemistry set. That was the only food I got there this season, and immediately knew it was a bad decision. It felt like I was going to shart my trousers on my way home. Fun!