Snow piles

boardin_nerd

So i was riding the other side of the mountain the other day.. i was coming down timberline. and as a reached the bottom of the quad me and my friends looked into the woods inbetween the pond and timberline and i saw huge 5 - 10 foot piles of snow randomly plopped down in different locations.. and i was like WTFF??? haha anybody mind clueing me in on wtf they're doing there?

there was a thread about this last year something to do with filtering the water? i cant remember it might have been that it was sewage water and this was a way of getting it back into the ground? I'm not sure it was something weird like that.

I looked around a little bit but I have no idea what the thread was, I'm sure someone else on here knows or bc mark will answer you.

Edited by Boarder1x9

It is correct that the piles are snow made from our treated sewage effluent. We treat the sewage in an on-site waste water treatment plant that uses a biological treatment process to produce water that is technically safe enough to drink. This water is then discharged into the larger of the two ponds at the bottom of F chair where it is held until we pump it out through snowguns in the woods. Once the snow melts, the melt-water percolates into the soil.

Despite the fact that the water has been completely treated and tested, we have yet to convince the DEP to allow us to mix the treated effluent with the water in the snowmaking ponds and use it for snowmaking operations. When I worked at Whitetail, we had a very similar system that used a sand filter, chlorination and aeration treatment method that resulted in the same level of treatment we have at Bear Creek. We were not only allowed to use the water in snowmaking operations at Whitetail, we won awards for the system from the South Central Region of the DEP.

In the summer months, we spray the treated effluent through sprinkler heads in the woods and allow it to percolate into the soil.

It's the reject snow that didn't pass inspection, so it gets dumped there so the water molecules can regroup and hopefully rearrange themselves in a competent construction of snow.

why do you always have to say something stupid and incompetent? Cant someone block his dumbass?

Wait are you saying that some of the snow that is blown was urine and all that jazz?

No, that is black water and is illegal to reuse, pretty dumb to try anyway. They are using what is called "gray water". Its the stuff from sinks, water fountains and other non toilet drains.

why do you always have to say something stupid and incompetent? Cant someone block his dumbass?

Excuse me, incompetent, I am actually over qualified for basically every subject on the face of the planet. I am a modern day hybrid of Franklin and Lomomosov.

Edited by TylerDurden

It's the reject snow that didn't pass inspection, so it gets dumped there so the water molecules can regroup and hopefully rearrange themselves in a competent construction of snow.

Excuse me, incompetent, I am actually over qualified for basically every subject on the face of the planet. I am a modern day hybrid of Franklin and Lomomosov.

:lol: